October 23rd, 2008

View co-host hitting the trail

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/23/art.view.cnn.jpg caption="Hasselbeck is set to hit the campaign trail."]

(CNN) - Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative on the daytime talk-show "The View," is set to campaign with Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin this weekend.

Hasselbeck, who often clashes with her co-hosts over the presidential election, said Thursday the Alaska governor had asked her to participate in a weekend rally in Florida.

"Governor Palin asked me to be with her this Sunday to introduce her at the rallies in Florida and I am more than honored to be there," Hasselbeck said. "So I will be flying there to travel with her and meet some pretty interesting people, I have a feeling. So that's an honor, I am excited to do it, and I'll have some stories on Monday."

Palin is set to campaign in Iowa, Indiana, and Florida this weekend.

Hasselbeck has engaged in repeated arguments with co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and Sherri Shepherd on-air over the presidential candidates, especially after the show's unexpectedly hard-hitting interview with John McCain last month.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. AEK

Oh boy! Caribou Barbie and Hollywood Midge hit the road in Florida! I hope Ken and GI Joe don't get to overheated! Another proud moment in American Presidential politics!

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  2. joe hollins

Just what McCain need anoher airhead

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  3. Palin Scmalin

Oh come on.... is this really news?

Two empty headed beauty queens hitting the trail together?

McCain supporters make me sick.

I predict OBAMA by a landslide!

Hear that clock ticking........? Her fifteen minutes of fame are almost up!

4. derrick

.....or a complete IDIOT!

5. dolarbil

they are not dumb...these are just following their ideologies.

I would love to see them together.....REALLY together!

they are BOTH hot neocons! hee-hee

6. Norris

Well I guess it is a step up from "Joe the plumber" !!!!! It also makes sense, it helps Sarah to be seen as the "smart one" for a change..... Again the bar is set low for Palin

7. Ginger

Great, a team of idiots sharing their ideas with America. Just what we need; MORE IGNORANCE injected into this joke of a republican ticket.

8. ATLian

Now that is desparation. Can she stay on the trail until Nov 5th?

9. Debby

That was nice of Palin. I wish Elizabeth would leave the view. I have only watched the clips and it seems like a rough show to go on.

10. Courageous Cat

I can see Alaska,

Actually, it's a 7 in 43 chance, which is more like 1 in 6.142857 chance. BUT IT'S STILL A SCARY THOUGHT! Yikes!!!!

11. David Orbach, New York, NY

They are like the Batman and Robin of dopiness.

12. med

A desperate cry for help...two women being exploited by looks alone rather than substance. If she (Elizabeth) was intelligent enough that would have been a great stump but unfortunately looks can only take you so far. These two women who have nothing to offer other than what they can do for their income level.

13. Annie, Atlanta

Maybe they can wear coordinating outfits from Sachs. My guess is they will be able to relate on an intellictual level as well as political.

14. nancy ryan

Like elizabeth's head isn't already too big, take a no nothing about the u.s. government and put a quarterbacks wife with her, ha, is McCain desperate or what??????? this is hilarious. excuse me while i go puke.

15. Nola

Oh no, I cannot stop laughing – dumb and dumber going on the road – I wonder if the two of them together can said anything of substance- Please tell me this is some kind of joke

16. Stephanie

You all make me sick, and should remember that there are undecideds still out there listening to you guys bash women because they disagree with you. Both of these two have successful careers and are obviously doing something right, and both seem a darn sight nicer than most CNN posters. Watch what you say to insult others when you are campaigning guys.

17. Susie

And? This is important.... how?

18. Jeff W.

An idiot introducing an idiot.

19. keeth in california

Celebrity?

20. Danielle, TX

Two idiots!! Perfect!!

October 23, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  21. young and informed independant WASP( woman against sarah palin )

wait a minute... i thought the republican ticket was trying to stay away from hollywood..

what a bunch of hypocrites!!!!

October 23, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  22. Mrs Miller

so what.............they are both losers

October 23, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  23. Indio CA

Elizabeth is about to hitch her wagon to a dead horse. Don’t do it as we love you too much!!

October 23, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  24. carolo

Oh gez.......one ditzy blonde trying to help a ditzy burnette.

October 23, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  25. bethi in alaska

So someone states that Elizabeth will be around "normal" people????What is that supposed to mean anyway, that only McCain supporters are normal?Since when are dishonesty, meanness, hypocrisy , egomania ,and yes- stupidity(all of Ms Sarah's delightful trademarks)
    earmarks of "normal" company????

October 23, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |