October 24th, 2008

Police: Woman lied about bumper-sticker-linked attack

(CNN) - A Texas woman who told Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, police she was assaulted at an ATM by a man angered by a John McCain bumper sticker on her car admitted Friday she made up the report, the assistant police chief said Friday.

1. Obama

So take the original INCORRECT story off your front page!

October 24, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  2. BatCat05

I thought the story was fake from the very beginning. Purely, McCainiac's at their very worst! What's next , a nine foot tall arab wearing a Palin mask at an Obama rally? McCain's got enough troubles without Miss Todd's stupidity. Back to reality, OBAMA-BIDEN, now that's the ticket!

October 24, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  3. Changeneedstohappen

WOW how shocking! Why can people be so I don't know what word to use because it's so sad that this woman would do something like this! We need to really get it together as a nation if not we will be leaving to go to other countries for a better life!

October 24, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  4. GC from Virginia

Talk about your bare-bones reporting. There's so much CNN left out of this story...it's far, far more offensive.

5. Obama 08

Wow! What a loser! McCain's going down!

6. Ork

A republican lying, I wonder where she got that from? .... maybe, that thanks but no thanks lady and old white dude running around her..

7. APinPA

This woman clearly needs psychiatric help. Let's not put this onto any candidate or campaign. The woman has had her 15 minutes – let's not give her more than that and let's not get distracted.

8. TjayeInLA

Seriously, are these people that desparate to not have a Black President.

9. Craig in Minneapolis

Another lying, scheming Republican. I hope the backwards 'B' shaped scar on her face is permanent.

10. Fed Up

Is anyone surprised? Why would someone robbing you scratch a backward "B" on your face? When someone attempted to mug me they ran away as fast as they could. I think the girl needs some serious help and should really think about the nature of the lies she told. Not so long ago, those types of statements meant a brutal death for a number of innocent folks I am sure.

11. Chris K

Just another day in the McCain campaign. Just when you thought they had scraped the bottom of the barrel they manage to go deeper! McCain's campaign is imploding all around him. It is serves him right for running such a dishonorable campaign! McCain's legacy will forever be tarnished by the disreputable way he and his surrogates have run their campaign.

12. Al, NY NY

Since this was in a hotly contested area of a hotly contested state, I would say this does not help JM/Fido at all. This is an example of a person (I believe) working on their own to try to "help." Sorry lady, it's gonna do just the opposite. The "angry black man criminal" thing isn't gonna wash

13. Terry, Rochester, MN

Why am I not surprised? What have we become? This is just another example of the GOP gone bad. If I had any doubts about who or what party I was voting for, they were just laid to rest by this act of stupidity and desperation.

14. prairieguy

only one word....DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. ANGIE

REALLY I wouldnt have guessed well lets see Joe The Plumber -fraud
    Now this, what Else is up your Sleeve Mccain camp PATHETIC!!!!!!!

16. Helene

She should be jailed !

17. Billy in NJ

Now that is one dedicated and true McCain supporter! This story is so funny. Will she be the new Jo the Plumberette?
    Racism can be so ugly and yet so entertaining sometimes. Pardon me folks, I have to go to Paris, Texas with my Obama shirt on. I have to do my part for Obama too!

18. eds

What a surprise...
    joe the plumber anyone?

What a bunch of crap this campaign is.

19. Alex from Ohio

This is just disgusting. Just another trick that failed to execute from the GOP bag of deception.

OBAMA BIDEN '08

20. dft

Wow . . . no doubt that the McCain attack team was working on a Ms. Todd the victim add and campain appearance. The black eye was from the friend who hit her when he realized that she had scratched a backword B on her face in the mirror and yet so dumb they decided to make the false report anyway.

21. Doug R.

Isn't filing a false police report a felony??

22. In Good Company

I am not the least bit surprised at this resolution. I will be PLEASANTLY surprised if the hardcore rightwingers who post comments on news stories and political blogs accept/acknowledge this as truth.

23. jonathanw

Now when is Joe Wurzelbacher's conscience going to make him tell the truth that he was planted?

24. Palin 4 President 08

Matters not – McCain has created an environment where people believe this behavior is acceptable!

25. Rob

Nice try McCain. Any more bright ideas?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16