October 29th, 2008

Judge: PA must have paper ballots ready if half of machines fail

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Pennsylvania must have paper ballots available for its voters if half the machines at a polling place break down, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

The state wanted paper ballots mandatory only if all the machines in a polling place failed.

"Emergency back-up paper ballots shall be used thereafter until the county board of elections is able to make the necessary repairs to the machine(s) or is able to place into operation," Judge Harvey Bartle ruled.

The state will not appeal the decision. In a statement, Secretary of the Commonwealth Pedro Cortes said the state will work with counties to ensure emergency ballots are used consistently, and that there is a sufficient supply.

1. Obama is for UNITING of the PEOPLE

If McCain is SO sure he was winning in the polls why do he continue to allow Palin to LIE..............Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, "Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, speaking on Oct. 29 in Bowling Green, Ohio, said Barack Obama "spent a lot of time with" Rashid Khalidi. "Rashid Khalidi, he, in addition to being a political ally of Barack Obama, he's a former spokesperson for the Palestinian Liberation Organization,"
    ------------------------–
    Sarah LEAVE it to YOU not to tell the PART where YOU were not the ONLY one McCain has given THOUSANDS of dollars too. McCain gave Rashid Khalidi.........$1 Million dollars (McCain GAVE), $1 Million dollars(McCain GAVE), $1 Million dollars (McCain GAVE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the WAY could Larry King ask McCain would he have told us about what he spent on Palin's wardrobe, her daughters $700 purse or his expensive shoes? We donated to Obama, it's SAD when McCain thinks he has the right to worry about Obama donors or what they donated. Desperation is showing BADLY by him and Palin or should we say the entire Republican party, they do represent them ALL.

October 29, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  2. Tommie

Someone commented that this election might be stolen–I hope not–that's how Bush got in office, and the American people did the time for it–not Bush and Chaney.

October 29, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  3. Jessica

I can't wait until McCain has to address Barack Obama as "Mr. President" and Palin disappears back to Alsaka.

October 29, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  4. Steve in Las Vegas,NV

All voting machines must be certified by the Secretary of state before use, but sometimes they can malfunction, so carefully check each vote you make. Let officials know if you have any problems before you leave.

BTW When mcSame is talking about "the base..." that translates in Arabic th, get this...Al-Qaeda Check that out

Sarah, the cleaners called.... your klan robes are ready!!!

October 29, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  5. PM Canada

Well call me paranoid but I don't even have a vote and I'm waiting for the Republicans to pull another Gore/Bush Fiasco! However, I don't think they'd get away with it this time around. I also don't think America will ever have a Better Candidate than Barack Obama. I'm praying he wins. If there is anyone in Canada who likes Bush, McCain or the Republican Party I"d be very surprised.

October 29, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  6. INDEPENDANT VET

ITS NOT IF IT IS A WHITE MAN OR A BLACK MAN .

FIRST THEY MUST BE A CITIZEN OF THE USA . WELL THE BLACK MAN IS NOT A CITIZEN OF THE USA . SO NOW ARE THEY GONNA REWRITE THE CONSTITION TO SATISFY THE DC BUNCH .

AN NOW WE WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT REWRITING OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM , OR CHANGING OUR FLAG TO SATISFY THE BLACK MAN .

SO NOW YOU CAN SAVE ALLL YOUR BALLOTS AN MAKE ALL THE DC A COMFORTABLE RESTING PLACE . JUST SHOW LIES AND MORE LIES DIDN'T PAY OFF. LIKE THE RUNNING OFF AT THE MOUTH . AYERS, REZKO,WRIGHT, PELOSI, AHMADINEJAD AN MANY MORE .

BYE BYE BARRY HUSSIEN OBAMA , LIES CAUGHT UP WITH YA .

GOD BLESS AMERICA. .

October 29, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  7. Jessica

"aware".... you are an idiot. How can honestly support Clinton and also Palin? Do you examine where they stand on issues? Palin in the antithesis of Clinton. They do have one thing in common,,,they both have vaginas! Is that all you look for when you vote.

You should change your tag from "aware" to "confused".

October 29, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  8. Justin from New Haven, CT

McCain will be an afterthought in a few days. And I hope Palin does run, she'll be an easy rival in 2012.

October 29, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  9. Wait?

Is that you Todd? Sorry your Bit... is going home to explain why she had charge tax payers for her brats travel expense. Ha..ha.. I love to see American taking back our country from these republicans. U.S.A is going to keep billions home, where it belongs.

October 29, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  10. jan

If some of you cried over obama's little speech tonight I feel sorry for you all because you all sound sick. Get a grip. He isn't God.... And never will be.

October 29, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  11. dustin

CNN- I hope you post a ticker about McCain giving 500,000 to Khalidi in the 90's

October 29, 2008 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  12. Cindy

McCain needs to stop with the negative campaign commericals and start to tell the U.S. what he can do for us.

October 29, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  13. No Hillary = No Obama

If you watch CNN – it's a romp for Obama. If you watch FOX News – it's going to be a photo finish. This is the problem when media conglomerates are not "fair and balanced"; not "keeping them honest" not impartial. Americans are getting the news, the spin, the tilts that these so-called news organizations want to promote. Hillary Clinton's candidacy was defintely hijacked while Obama's was inflated. It's the media electing the President, not the people. My absentee ballot went in the mail today and it's for McCain. Sorry Hillary, but Obama would do best giving infomericals.

October 29, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  14. Central Scruitinizer

I just read that a talent agent is interested in Joe the Plumber as a...get this....a Country/Western singer!!! I swear Im not making this up. Hey didnt the real Mr. Clean recently die? I smell a role revival...he could star in the life story of Mr Clean:Steward of Sewertown!!!!!

October 29, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  15. Deb in Colo

Today driving to work I saw a LARGE sign (4×6 or bigger) that said...

PALIN 2012

God help us...

October 29, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  16. Jessica

How can Palin run for president? PLEASE! Look at her approval ratings. People will not forget the 2008 trainwreck of Palin in 2008. She is a disaster, unintelligent, ill-informed, and dishonest. I will not cite specifics because it would be like writing a term paper!

At this point, nothing she says bothers me because I feel that she believes that she speaks truth, and simply doesn't know any better.

October 29, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  17. Voted for GOP all my life but not this time

McCain,
    Shame on you.
    Now you are starting another accusation by linking Obama to some Palestine American professor. But it will not work!

Obama will be our next President.

October 29, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  18. Obama is for UNITING of the PEOPLE

Scott L October 29th, 2008 9:21 pm ET
    -------------------------------–
    Scott L. you do a Repubs paid comment on ever blog, so do it yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 29, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  19. IowaMom

I watched Obama's ad twice. Once on my own, once since my hubby was still at work and couldn't watch the first time. After watching this, he said yes, he gets people like us. I thought his ad was brilliant! I can sleep very well at night voting already for Obama!!!

October 29, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  20. Aware.....

Who gives a hoot who you voted for? I care only about the voter who is smart.
    Go join the gym , I see you... seating in front of the computer with the B carved wrong way.

October 29, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  21. MARY,FLORIDA

Wow,Counting votes,to bad the supreme court dosent feel the same way.Time for Change,Big Change.Only americans can take America back.

October 29, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  22. IowaMom

Anti-Diebold...are you saying Iowa votes with the machines? I'm obviously from Iowa and I have always voted, well since 1992 on paper.

October 29, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  23. TYLER

Cream- excellent comment. i love how conservatives are all about national security, but don't care what other countries think about America! where do they think the terrorist come from? and as far as the bible goes, there are a lot of bible thumping conservatives who are in for a VERY WARM afterlife if their bible is correct!

obama/biden '08

October 29, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  24. greenfun

..............................and CNN is doing everything they can to select our next President. Ever hear of democracy? It looks as if you have stepped up to take MSNBO's position as the network that has been bought off by the BO campaign. What is BO loses? How will CNN ever have any credibility again?

October 29, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  25. Steve

OK, all you people who like to say your candidate is better. I will tell you the truth when I say "that neither is better than the other". The politicians we elect do not represent the people. They only represent themselves,
    their party, and lobbyists who give them money. It is time that we all wake up and make a change and clean up Washington and all the states of these self-serving politicians. We the people of this great nation need to take control and send a message!!!!!

October 29, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |