November 2nd, 2008

RNC enlists Clinton to attack Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/11/02/art.clinton.ap.jpg caption="The RNC is using Hillary Clinton in a new robocall."]NEW YORK (CNN) – The Republican National Committee is using Hillary Clinton’s past criticism of Barack Obama to plant seeds of doubt in the minds of undecided voters in the final hours of the presidential campaign.

The RNC will begin an automated telephone campaign Sunday targeting millions of voters in key states that supported Clinton in the Democratic presidential primary or have a large concentration of blue collar voters, a Republican official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, tells CNN. The official was not able to specify which states, but added: keep an eye on Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana.

Listen: RNC uses Clinton in new robocall

Full script:

“I am calling for John McCain and the RNC. Listen to what Hillary Clinton had to say about John McCain and Barack Obama:

‘In the White House there is no time for speeches and on-the-job training. Senator McCain will bring a lifetime of experience to the campaign and Senator Obama will bring a speech that he gave in 2002. I think that is a significant difference.’

This call was paid for by the Republican National Committee at 866-558-5591 and authorized by McCain-Palin 2008.”

1. Marie Banderas in TEXAS

It is now time for Hillary to step forward and put this down !!!! If she is truly a democrat, she wont waste time denying them this kind of crap...She could do that today and solve that problem !
    TEXAS FOR OBAMA

November 2, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  2. Amy in minneapolis

Desperate times call for desparate people!!!

OBAMA 08'

November 2, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  3. Bridgette-PA

WHO CARES CNN! GEEZ.....2 DAYS LEFT AND YOUR TICKER IS STILL DIVISIVE! KNOCK IT OFF! OBAMA/BIDEN SUPPORTERS, THE POLLS ARE GETTING CLOSER IN PA BECAUSE MCFAILIN' HAS PRACTICALLY "MOVED HERE". THEY HAVE BEEN HERE THE PAST 9 OUT OF 14 DAYS. NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....GET OUT THE VOTE......GET OUT THE VOTE......GET OUT THE VOTE.......GET OUT THE VOTE......GET OUT THE VOTE! YES WE CAN AND YES WE WILL!

OBAMA/BIDEN -08!

November 2, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  4. Dave

As Vince Lombardi famously said, "Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." If McCain is very experienced at making mistakes and doing the wrong thing, that doesn't make him more qualified for the presidency. Those who cite his experience should look more closely at what he's been doing all this time.

November 2, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  5. Nicole

Dirty campaigning! How low can they go! Can't wait to get this over with, ending with a strong victory for Obama & Biden!

November 2, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  6. Anthony

This is exactly why Democrats and Obama supporters were angry at the Clintons during the primary. We knew Obama would win because she couldn't catch up to the delegate count and yet her attacks would be used as ammo by the Republicans.

The nightmare is here.

That being said, I have great respect and gratitude for Hillary who campaigned tireless and will still campaign tirelessly for Obama until election day. She'll be in Virginia, Bill in Pennsylvania, all this is good.

And I expect Hillary to respond to this robocall pretty soon. She got to know Obama, so her comments are based on past perceptions, but Republicans have no mercy.

I have also written a letter to Sen. Clinton thanking her for her great efforts on behalf of Obama, so don't get me wrong, there are no hard feelings anymore. Let's put a Democrat in the WS.

November 2, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  7. Farrell, Houston, Tx

PATHETIC. MCCAIN IS LOSING IN HIS OWN STATE OF ARIZONA.

November 2, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  8. Terri, Atlanta

I am SOOOOOO glad Barack picked Joe Biden as his VP. Watching Keith O. special last night on the entire year, we were all reminded of the nastiness of Hillary when she accused Obama of "Rovian tactics" BULL! He was nothing but a gentlemen to her AND to McCain through out this entire campaign season. That is why he is winning – KINDNESS always wins out in the end – it may take awhile – but the American people are tired of the nastiness.

go Barack and Joe! We love you and can't wait until you are pronounced 44th President/VP of the USA!

November 2, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  9. Dee

That statement was one of Hillary's low points. I don't think I'll ever really forgive her for stooping to such a pathetic level.

November 2, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  10. maryh

First of all I am proud to be a USA citizen. All the rumors,lies, you name it is what you would find in high schools.Never thought it would go as far as the attacking on both sides of the canididates, for God sake we need a good president to turn this economy around. My own opinion is I am voting for Barack Obama, just because I dont feel comfortable with McCain. The rumors floating around about Obama's Aunt, well I have one thing to say to that, did you all read the fine print.
    She was ordered to leave 4 years ago, why wasnt she?? now its a big issue because Obama is running. You the people cannot blame Obama for what actions should of been done to see why she wasnt
    removed 4 years ago. IF bank or govt was foreclosing on my home or land .would they let me stay 4 years?? People you have to see what is going on here. I disagree with all the rumors going on, We just need to make our own minds up and feel in your heart who would sincerely become the president that will help this country.

November 2, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  11. Joe

If, God forbid, Obama dies before Nov 4th, who will run for president for the democrats?

November 2, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  12. Registered Voter - OH

CAN YOU SAY DESPERATE!!

It was also Hillary who said:

NO WAY!

NO HOW!!

NO McCAIN!!

Then Hillary updated that quote to include:

NO McCAIN/PALIN!!!!

Quote those words RNC!

DEMOCRATS ARE UNITED AND YOUR FEBLE ATTEMPTS to DIVIDE WILL NOT WORK AND IS NOT WORKING!! DID YOU SEE HILLARY STUMPING DID YOU SEE BILL HOW ABOUT GORE... WE ARE ALL UNITED! OUR REGISTRATIONS ARE AT RECORD HIGHS AND SO ARE THE TURN OUTS (Dispite your trickery)!
    INDEPENDENTS & REPUBLICANS VOTING DEMOCRAT THIS ELECTION MUST BE VIGILANT!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OF THE LAST 8 YRS!

Obama/Biden 08

November 2, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  13. Betty the Beautician

Robo calls don't work–people hang up without listening to them. People who hear it will see just the opposite–Hilary and Clinton actually campaigning for Obama/Biden. Which do you think they will believe?

November 2, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  14. watching in amazement

Most of the world is watching in disgust at american politics, the rest has already given up hope on the USA....

November 2, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  15. Johanna

There is lestion to be learnt: what is once said stays. Let's hope everybody who is a Democratic by heart understands the contex and is willing to vote Obama.

I respect Hillary and Bill Clinton now more than I did few months ago. She has been a good sport and supported Obama wonderfully.

November 2, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  16. Dixie AZ

Hey folks! Why bash the press? If it weren't for the media, we would never know whats going on. I agree that some reports are slanted, but we informed people can sort those out.

November 2, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  17. Ignacio

@Bob... Don't know where you're drinking your Kool-aid, but if you truly believe that McBush / Palin have a chance at winning this election then please listen to the prank that two radio hosts played on Sarah Palin.

She actually believes she's talking to Sarkozy even after he mentions the documentary that "Larry Flint" is making about her, "Nailing Paylin"... ludicrous!

Guys, this is over, now go out and vote and don't let the evangelical based republicans steal this one too!

November 2, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  18. Allyson

Grow Up!!! Start focusing on the issues and not this stupid high school crap! The future of this country is at stake and so are the lives of our American soldiers. Get with it people!! All of you!

November 2, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  19. Barbara - 65 yr old white female in NC

Barbara – 65 yr old white female in NC November 2nd, 2008 12:41 pm ET
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    And Blitzer gives him free air time running the ad twice in a ten-minute time.

CNN wants McCain sooooooooo much.

November 2, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  20. Scott in Norfolk

Obama is a socialist

November 2, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  21. Robert

They don't need Hilary to win. Who really wants a SOCIALIST as a president? Why should I share my wealth with those that "can't help themselves"?
    I will be punished because I am a success? That is socialist anyway you cut it.

November 2, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  22. Arizona Senior

The McCain of 2000 would have won handsomely, the new vitreolic MaCain deserves to lose. Who ever advised him?

November 2, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  23. jack able

I supported Hillary. Hillary is now backing Obama. I am now backing Obama too. I do not understand former Hillary supporters defecting to the republican party unless there are racial issues involved. That is a shame–letting race change your fundamental ideas. I am a recently unemployed, middle income earner, and gay. The ideas of the GOP are a triple threat to me. Use your brain people. Vote for Obama. I already did in Arkansas.

November 2, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  24. Yogi Bala

Who cares it ...
    Just my situation as like as major of americans...

No Pay Check for 2 months,
    No Money left in Credit Card,
    No Money for Retirement,
    No Health Insurance for a doctor visit..

Who cares McPain ....
    Just I am going to vote OBAMA hope for a better change....

November 2, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  25. SB in NoVa

We love you Hillary! Thank you for being helping our party be so great. You are a true leader!!

Already voted Obama/Biden!
    Turn VA Blue!!!
    VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 2, 2008 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |