January 2nd, 2009

WPVI: Biden cufflinks bought at thrift store

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/02/art.wpvi.jpg caption="A Pennsylvania man purchased a shirt at a thrift store containing what appears to be Vice President-elect Joe Biden's cufflinks."]John Pickens walked into one of his neighborhood thrift shops like he does almost every other week. He was looking for a white collared shirt. He found not one but three. When he got home he found even more: It still had what are apparently cufflinks belonging to Vice President-elect Joseph Biden.

"I looked at the shirt. It say Brooks Brothers," John Pickens told Action News, "I say, 'Oh man. This really looks good too.' I said, 'French cuffs, this really looks good too.'"

The shirts were clean and crisp on the rack, except for one.

Full story from WPVI

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. GET REAL.

Of course, you could all try to be optimistic... Adpoting the "us" and "them" partisan attitudes are just making you people rave like loonies. Despite what both sides may claim, change starts at home, so despite the bad weather, you could be out helping in your community or raising your family instead of posting venom on the 'Net.

Even if I sound like a hippie-dippie liberal right now, I think I have all the evidence I need when I look at you all losing your minds. Seriously. None of you can predict the future (not even Carville), so why don't we just wait and see what happens. In the meantime, the key word here is "support," not "destruction." Worried about the new government? The economy? Get off your butt and DO something. These people here that you're preaching to won't miss you, trust me.

(Just like they won't miss me... even if this does get posted, I'm sure it'll be lost in a sea of negativity anyway... hello? *tap tap* is this thing on?)

January 2, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  2. strong

LOL ... maybe that lucky guy can sell the cuffs on e-bay for a few bucks, in these difficult economic times. Just like having money in the bank.

January 2, 2009 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  3. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

If Biden doesn't want them back, all I can say is EBAY! Someone, I am sure, is going to want them.

January 2, 2009 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  4. jaye

I LOVE Joe Biden!!!!!!

January 2, 2009 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  5. jaye

I love Joe Biden!

January 2, 2009 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  6. Roland

Why is this newsworthy? So were the cufflinks confirmed to have been from Joe Biden? If so, then it was very nice of him to have donated them to the thrift store. It's just too bad that the store didn't get more money for them.

January 2, 2009 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  7. richard rohde

Get real, great post.

January 2, 2009 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  8. Adam Colorado

Wow! What an amazing story. (Sarcasm)

January 2, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  9. who cares?!

Why do any of us care about Biden's (or anyone else's) cufflinks? Get real.

January 2, 2009 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  10. Matt of Chicago

Throwing away brand new Brooks Brothers shirts -- Boy are we in for some economic pork coming our way - Joey may have been talen the train to DC these past many years, but he now knows he made the big time Pork Barrell Express and watch him "get his share"

Change? You want change? How about 2 fifty's for a hundred dollar bill so Joe can get a haircut and a shoe shine

January 2, 2009 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  11. Proud American

Who cares? There cufflinks

January 2, 2009 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  12. Ron

now if someone could only find Palin's $500,000 October wardrobe...

January 2, 2009 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  13. Texas Teacher

You lucked out, buddy boy.... 🙂

January 2, 2009 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  14. c'est moi

This is yet another reason why I love thrift stores – you never know when you might find a treasure!

January 2, 2009 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  15. PJ in Peoria

What a surprise it must have been to find Biden's cufflinks while buying shirts at a thrift store. And what a pleasant surprise to read Mr. Pickens is an honest man and wants to return them to Mr. Biden. You have restored my faith in humanity. God Bless!

January 2, 2009 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  16. Sue

Keep the stuff from the thrift shop. Biden is aiming for bigger and better (more expensive) things than when he was a mere senator. He thinks he has really made the bigtime. Has he?

January 2, 2009 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  17. pam Eugene OR

It sure gives me hope. There is indeed an honest man in DC. He deserves a reward and a big thank you from VPE Biden.
    You did the right thing Mr Pickens and God will reward you.

January 2, 2009 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  18. Proud American

This must have been written by Republicans because it make no sense what so ever. Good Lord

January 2, 2009 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  19. Anonymous

comeon cnn is that the best you can do.if that is news.what about bushes last eight years.YOU WERE MUM ABOUT .SAD PIECE OF SOOO CALLED REPORTING.

January 2, 2009 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  20. Tim

Wow CNN, great investigative reporting.

January 2, 2009 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  21. HouseDiva

this story smacks of SO WHAT!!!!

January 2, 2009 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  22. CanIcallyouJoe

Could it have been mistakenly left in with a donation to charity?

January 2, 2009 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  23. Juan Grain

Sell them on E-Bay!!!!

January 2, 2009 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  24. Cindy

lol!!! Joe the Absent-minded Senator who will soon became VP of the USA! So that's where those darn cufflinks went! Bet he was looking all over for them!

Now we know he donates his excess clothes without washing them first. I'm really lovin this guy....

January 2, 2009 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  25. Roy

Hope this rebuts those who say Biden does not give to charities!!
    At least, like McCain, it is not an old Blackberry being sold with the emails and phone mails still on it!

January 2, 2009 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |