January 12th, 2009

President Bush requests time for farewell address

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/10/art.bush11.gi.jpg caption="President Bush will address the nation Thursday night."] WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bush has requested time from the networks Thursday evening to deliver a roughly 15-minute farewell address from the East Room of the White House.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. George Riemer

Please do not judge the Bush Presidency soon. Let history be the judge later on. President George Bush's Administration was hard on the terrorists after 9/11! Let's hope that the new Administration will
    not make a major error by softening up! This would be a grave mistake
    for the USA and the entire free world!

January 12, 2009 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  2. SAGG

A final torture from Bush to his detractors, then it'll be over...

January 12, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  3. PG

Now, now people let the people who voted for Bush have their day in the sun. These accomplices to Bush's war crimes deserve to listen to their president one more time. Let them shed tears of sadness that he is leaving.

As for me I say: BUSH LEAVE ALREADY!

January 12, 2009 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  4. John

JUST SAY NO – We have heard enough from this man.

January 12, 2009 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  5. Good riddance,

Just leave already and don't let the door hit you. Oops! I forgot. You don't know how to open a door.

January 12, 2009 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  6. chuck

I WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME TO LISTEN TO THIS CRIMINAL ON THURSDAY. THIS GUY IS N F G .

January 12, 2009 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  7. PDX Gal

Why? Does he think he can still convince people to believe "he kept us safe" even though 9/11 happened on HIS watch??

Unless your IQ is two points below bean dip, you already know he has grossly mismanaged our nation's security.

Go away, Mr. Election Thief. We will call you if we ever get our nation's legal behinds in gear enough to press charges...

January 12, 2009 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  8. Goops

He deserves his 15 minutes to say goodbye to the american people. I agree that the hours of the inauguration coverage is going to be a yawnfest. Why do we have to be subjected to hours and hours of inaugration coverage. I think that considering the economy...they should have scaled the whole thing back. Obama ran on the platform man of the people...and now he is going to have big fancy parties spending all of the tax payers money. That is not being a man of the people in my book. So stop complaing about Bush's 15 minute goodbye speech. What you should be complaining about is how the "man of the people" is wasting our tax payers money in a time of great economic distress for this country. And for the people that say that he deserves it....give me a break....what did he do to deserve? Obama has done nothing yet.

January 12, 2009 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  9. chuck

REGARDLESS ,GEORGE BUSH ,DICK CHENEY,AND DONALD RUMSFELD SHOULD BE HEADING TO THE HAGUE FOR THE FIGHT OF THEIR LIVES.

January 12, 2009 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  10. Dustin

I usually do not respond. I loved J Deans response. If you are going to bash anyone on their grammer, please spell check before you hit submit. These days, many people use "lol", but I actually did laugh out loud when I read his post. He voted for Obama, which really does not suprise me.

January 12, 2009 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  11. Al, Chesapeake, VA

Thank you President Bush for keeping us safe from any more
    terriorist attacks. Now enjoy life with your family in Texas. Now let's
    see how these liberal hate maniacs react to one of their own.... Of
    course the liberal press won't print negatives.....

January 12, 2009 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  12. Cathy, Peoria AZ

Why? I thought that was the reason behind this mornings new conference!

January 12, 2009 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  13. Ken

Did anyone notice that we won the war in Iraq? Funny how I had to learn of the Green Zone being turned over to Iraq last week from friends in-theater, and NOT from the Bush hating left wing media.

January 12, 2009 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  14. rob

In 15 SECONDS I could give him the send off he deserves. SCUMBAG.

January 12, 2009 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  15. Susan from Scotts Valley, CA

Most of us are counting the minutes till this nightmare is over. Does he think we really want to hear from him?

January 12, 2009 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  16. Center of the Middle

Mr. President..

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Asta la vista..

January 12, 2009 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  17. ljmoon

I guess thursday night is a great night for comedy on t.v.....
    Just one more week to the END OF AN ERROR....

January 12, 2009 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  18. Charles Atlanta

His character has been set when you saw him landing on the aircraft carrier with "mission accomplished" banner on the background. It doesn't matter who put the banner there. It is a childish play. He wants to show his dad – "see, it is easy, I did it..". Kartina and doubling national debt are just additional disasters he added. Can you image if all the money and resources spent on War on Iraq have been used by growing our own economy and enhance our infrastructure? And remembered he had 80+ approval rating after 9/11 and he spent them all.

January 12, 2009 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  19. Good riddance,

To all of you stating that we should respect Bush. Well, I cannot respect anyone who lied to get us in a war when lives were lost and destroyed. Can't speak his native language. Witnessed the death and destruction – Katrina and had the audacity to say "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job, but did nothing to help and he saw like I did that people were crying for help. All the proud men and woman in my neighborhood who are now jobless or/and losing their homes due to Bush and his administrations mismanagment. You know I could go on, but I just want him to say I'm sorry, goodbye!

January 12, 2009 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  20. M. Ann D.

Out of the respect of the office, I wish President Bush the best in Texas. I will not say anything negative about him, believe me it will be hard to do that. But the guy is leaving soon and that is good enough for me. I might even watch the 15 minutes.

January 12, 2009 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  21. (Former) Lifelong Republican for Obama, Columbia, TN

The only thing Bush is going to say are a bunch of lies and excuses as to why his Administration was so poor.

January 12, 2009 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  22. Simmy

Why not? Even those arrested are allowed one phone call.

January 12, 2009 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  23. Tonya

President Bush, dont worry about us we misunderestimated you....

January 12, 2009 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  24. Angie

Let the lying,cheating war monger have his last 15 mins shame. Then he will begone forever.

January 12, 2009 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  25. Ray from Gainesville VA

Oh good. My prostate exam is scheduled for that time. That sounds more enjoyable.

January 12, 2009 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |