January 12th, 2009

President Bush requests time for farewell address

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/10/art.bush11.gi.jpg caption="President Bush will address the nation Thursday night."] WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bush has requested time from the networks Thursday evening to deliver a roughly 15-minute farewell address from the East Room of the White House.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Bea

no,...that's okay.......you don't need to day goodbye.....

January 12, 2009 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  2. Pat M

What are all you democrats going to complain about next? After a majority in both House & Senate, a democratic president, what will your excuse be in 4 yrs, in 8 yrs? Maybe one day you will learn the problem is with Congress not necessarily the President. I can't way for all of you guys to just go away and stop complaining.

January 12, 2009 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  3. Bea

You don't have to say goodbye...@Paul in SC..it must hurt to have voted for Bush.

January 12, 2009 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  4. Michael J,

Seriously?! Thursday night is the best night for TV...can't he schedule his farewell Friday night around midnight?

January 12, 2009 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  5. Say goodbye

Unless you're going to spend the first 14 minutes apologizing for the mess you've left. DON'T BOTHER!!!!!!!

January 12, 2009 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  6. Rick Roberts

I voted for Obama!!!!!! Let's be real here, I also voted for Bush the first time. Let us hope yhat I made a better choice than I did when I voted for Bush. YES he is an IDIOT but until the 20th of this month, he is OUR IDIOT.
    Let us pray that Obama is as good as we believe he will be.
    GO OBAMA/BIDEN

January 12, 2009 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  7. Judy from PA

Nice people on this blog. President Bush wasn't my favorite President, but he was still OUR President. A number of bloggers say how Obama is OUR President and we all need to get behind him even if we didn't vote for him, why is the same not true for Bush? I would like you to explain to me how Bush was responible for the subprime mortage mess. Probably the same way Clinton was responible and took credit for the internet boom.

January 12, 2009 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  8. Give peace a chance

Dustin, surprise. You need to use spell check. My response to you is that President elect Obama voters are the intelligent ones. Remember? He did not receive the low information votes. You'll are too busy being bitter.

January 12, 2009 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  9. TCM

We can only hope, I mean really hope, that for each of you, and your fellow libs...if any terrorists attacks fall upon this country due to Bush being out of office and the novice OBama taking over...we can all only hope that any victims of terroris, will be liberals.....then, no damage done!

January 12, 2009 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  10. No Incumbents 2010

I say if we have to sit through 30 minutes with "The American Idol" we can give a sitting president 15.

January 12, 2009 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  11. Brenda C

You bunch of liberal nuts are going to watch it and we all know it. You wouldn't miss the chance to have something to whine about on the comment board tomorrow. Don't worry you'll have plenty of time to whine as you try to defend your new master.
    We love you President & Mrs. Bush and please keep us in your prayers as you well know we will need it. You realized your were commander in cheif not an actor going for actor of the year or a grammy. Thank you President Bush for standing your ground instead of caving into everyone just to be popular. You did have enough sense to know that's impossible to be a true leader.

January 12, 2009 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  12. ken

sounds like Palin who doesn't know when her time is up to go into hiding!

January 12, 2009 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  13. Kathryn Simpson

Thank you, Mr. President. I appreciate your service to our nation.

January 12, 2009 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  14. Get Real

I REALLY HOPE PEOPLE WON'T TUNE IN.
    I can watch it later on the late night show.

January 12, 2009 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  15. ED FL

HMM!! as an 79 yr old military retiree[22yrs cold war] to prevent an attack. We were pretty successful until 911. It seems that the attack was provoked by an inexperienced ,incompetent ,administration.A few miiion [ME"S] ruined the soviet union and were ashamed when REAGAN took credit for his TAKE DOWN THIS WALL note someone probably wrote for him.44 years [ of Me'S] kept this country safe until incompetency almost ruined it. Now millions of other [ME"S] will eventually get back the honor and respect this great country once had.

January 12, 2009 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  16. SMP

MARY: Respect is earned not given unconditionally. Bush does not deserve any respect. He needs to put his tail between his legs and leave without uttering another sound.

Joe Terrogano: One of the best comments I have ever heard. Bravo.

January 12, 2009 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  17. Mike

Great man! Will be missed in office. Big shoes for Obama to fill!

January 12, 2009 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  18. MK

I WILL BE TYPING IN ALL CAPS FOR THIS COMMENT, THE ALL CAPS COMMENTS ALWAYS GET POSTED (SEE CCN I FIGURED YOU ALL OUT!)

I HAVE ALWAYS "MISUNDERESTIMATED" BUSH, I WILL NO LONGER. I HOPE HE RETIRES TO HIS OFFICE OF "STRATEGERY" AND CLOSES THE DOOR ON THE REST OF US. TO HIM I SAY GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK, THE WORLD WILL NOT BE KIND PLACE FOR YOU TO REST IN, RIGHTFULLY SO.

January 12, 2009 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  19. Pepou

I'll turn my TV off.

January 12, 2009 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  20. Get Real

I REALLY HOPE PEOPLE WON'T TUNE IN.
    I can watch it later on the late night show.

January 12, 2009 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  21. Poor President Bush

You guy's can't be more stupid. This man went into office within 7 months he had barely had time to learn the name of his staff and then we get hit the biggest terrorist attack. So all of you so called americans decide he wasn't a great president. To me he was one of the best. What would you have done!! Most of you so called americans would have resigned!! HAHAHAHA because your all cowards!! This man did what he thought was best and come to find out it was a good move. So unless you've been a president to face these issues!! SHUT YOUR MOUTHS!! YOU SO CALLED AMERICANS!

January 12, 2009 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  22. Art in Delaware

Let me be clear and unequivocal; I don't like George Bush and never voted for him. That being said, he is not Satan personified as some of the comments I'm seeing hear would imply. He made more than his fair share of mistakes, but he also did some good as well. And he also survived 8 years of what is arguably one of the hardest positions in the world. I will not miss him, I am extremely happy to see him go, and I am estatic to see Barack Obama become our next president. But I would ask all of my fellow Obama supporters to at least grant the man basic respect.

January 12, 2009 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  23. Once you vote Black

Hope the networks allow a 15 min response by the Dems. This is a joke. First make history by turning everything you touch into gue, then write history by making a speach before the authors get a chance to put pen to bad.

January 12, 2009 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  24. mary faye brown

THANKS, BUT NO THANKS !!!!

January 12, 2009 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  25. John

When will this disaster end!
    January 20th can't come soon enough!

January 12, 2009 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |