January 12th, 2009

President Bush requests time for farewell address

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/10/art.bush11.gi.jpg caption="President Bush will address the nation Thursday night."] WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bush has requested time from the networks Thursday evening to deliver a roughly 15-minute farewell address from the East Room of the White House.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Angie

bush said he wants to return to private life. we want him to also. it can't happen soon enough. hopefully we won't have to look at his stupid face again,until his stupid brother jeb desides to run for president. that should end rather quickly. because I'm sure people will NOT forget the years 2000-2008. And if people are soooooooooooooo stupid or forgetful as to elect another stupid bush then America deserves what we get. Each time a bush is elected to the White House it gets worse and worse. Just looking at that idiot on tv today made me laugh, he sounds just as stupid as he looks. his presidency was a complete and utter desaster. he has nothing to be proud of. BIG DUMB BELL.

January 12, 2009 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  2. ME IN FL

This man is unreal!!!! Every time he talks is like insulting the intellegence of the American people. Lies, lies lies!!!

LJ Moon, you are right, comedy night will be on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 12, 2009 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  3. Simon Templer

Here's some exerpt from the speech:
    Nukular this nukular that....
    Axis of evil...
    911...
    Terrorist killed Americans (Of course the terrorist is GW because he managed to kill more Americans than the terrorrists)

January 12, 2009 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  4. Mike from Tacoma

Between Spongbob Episodes would seem appropriate

January 12, 2009 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  5. ENOUGH!

Just one more hour, he thinks, and "I can convince them that my response to Katrina was a hit." It won't fly you big waste of skin. YOu and Sarah Palin have a lot in common. You just don't know when to quit. Enough!

January 12, 2009 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  6. Ken in NC

Why can't he do the farewell thing just before he gets on the GrayHound Bus to go back to Texas? It would not take 15 minutes of his time for him to say "Good-bye". It's only two words.

This will be a double celebration. We will be celebrating the departure of Bush and the arrival of Obama. Two reasons to be happy. WOW

January 12, 2009 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  7. Dale, if he tells us to suck it...

that might be the only thing he has done in office that I agree with

I can't believe he was in 8 years and we can't point to one thing he accomplished

I'll be watching and hoping he tells us to "suck it" and outlines what he accomplished because I have given this a lot of thought and have been challenged by co-workers to find one thing, just one thing he accomplished and I can't do it

So Bush, or Bush helpers, please request that as a parting gift, it will make me feel better than I do now, now I think Bush was a complete nightmare and disaster

January 12, 2009 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  8. peggyledbetter

I can't wait to throw my Pointed Toe Pumps at George Bush!!!!! It will be a Historical moment!

January 12, 2009 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  9. TK

What a relief...so GLAD to have Bush finally out of the W.H.!

Hopefully on Thursday's speech, he would confess the things he done wrong. it's best to hear his confessions than not having him admit what he did wrong!

January 12, 2009 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  10. miguel

@Dustin,

Thanks for the sermon. You misspelled "grammer."

January 12, 2009 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  11. miguel

I think Bush will be remembered as a good president. Fortunately, most of the vile commenters on this site will not be remembered for anything.

January 12, 2009 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  12. Steph

He can talk, but he can't make me listen. I think I've heard enough (too much) over the past 8 years.

January 12, 2009 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  13. Shelley

Thank you Mr. President for keeping the USA safe these past 8 years. I only hope Obama and the democrats can do that for one day.

Willy Brown ..... You do know who was in charge when we were attacked on September 11th 2001 don't you!? Bush and Cheny lead you by fear for the past eight years and you thank them for that? Wow get a clue will you!

January 12, 2009 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  14. Mulugeta

what a special message do you have at the end of your office time
    we, the People, real feed up of hearing your senseless reasoning for the burdens you did for this great country.

have a blessed retirement. MR President

January 12, 2009 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  15. HouseDiva

great...15 mins. of "SO LONG SUCKERS!"

just go away Bush...you did enough damage...dont let the door smack you in the arse on the way out....better yet...DO let the door smack you in the arse on the way out.

January 12, 2009 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  16. mjm

J. dean appears to be the only "child left behind".

Look, this country is what YOU make it. If you fail in life, don't blame the president. That goes for this one and/or the next. All this disrespect towards the POTUS is getting ridiculous.

January 12, 2009 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  17. Boogie

Hit the road, Jack!

January 12, 2009 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  18. LF Oneto - VA

This moron doesn´t get it . W, you bumbling idiot, we had enough of you. The least you can do as a compensation to all the americans who did not vote for you is to shut the hell up and fade away.

January 12, 2009 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  19. Stick A fork in him he's done!!!

Leave George alone.......Daddy Bush told him to Run for Prez ( the one born with a silver foot in his Mouth )..... Boy get Dick Cheney for VP he will help you out he owe me a Favor The War Monger ...how do you sleep @night all those people you killed in Texas... Bye George

January 12, 2009 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  20. jennifer

Fairwell Adress... can Bush pronounce and spell this?

January 12, 2009 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  21. Jan Illinois

Ha! Ha! Ha!, After what he had to say, and how he acted today 1-12-09, why bother? Did you get to see him? He should be tested for drugs asap. Who would ever admit that they voted for that?

January 12, 2009 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  22. B

HEY BUSH..........
    GOOD RIDDANCE OF HIM THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 12, 2009 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  23. P. Y.

No, no ! Do we have to be subjected to this nonsense? He wants to have a bunch of people come out and tell the world what a good job he has done. Well…we all know better. He did not do a good job. He has left the nation in one hell of a mess and to all of you idiots out there that think he kept our country safe, think again. I can only hope in my lifetime the truth comes out about how much he was really responsible for 9-11.
    I sure hope all of the networks don't give him air time. We should have a choice as to whether we want to watch him or something else. I want something else.

January 12, 2009 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  24. Jeff From Jersey

Any way to get back the past 8 years?

January 12, 2009 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  25. xavier

America Held Hostage? What kind of a name is that to blog with? Cant you do better than to recycle old Rush Limbaugh rhetoric?

January 12, 2009 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |