January 12th, 2009

President Bush requests time for farewell address

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/10/art.bush11.gi.jpg caption="President Bush will address the nation Thursday night."] WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bush has requested time from the networks Thursday evening to deliver a roughly 15-minute farewell address from the East Room of the White House.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. STOPWAR

The Butcher of Crawford is going to speak on Thursday, Why.?

January 12, 2009 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  2. MikeH

Arrest that man for War Crimes, Theft, and Treason!!!

January 12, 2009 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  3. P. Y.

No, no ! Do we have to be subjected to this nonsense? He wants to have a bunch of people come out and tell the world what a good job he has done. Well...we all know better. He did not do a good job. He has left the nation in one hell of a mess and to all of you idiots out there that think he kept our country safe, think again. I can only hope in my lifetime the truth comes out about how much he was really responsible for 9-11.
    I sure hope all of the networks don't give him air time. We should have a choice as to whether we want to watch him or something else. I want something else.

January 12, 2009 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  4. fred

True Americans would SUPPORT their CURRENT PRESIDENT. I STILL SUPPORT YOU BUSH!! And I will support Obama as well.

January 12, 2009 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  5. MP -New Republican

Please grasp the reality that none of us will ever be President; so none of us will ever know what it's like to be in that position and have make the decisions they do. Maybe you might be able to relate to being the coach of the little league, softball or a volleyball team, or maybe even just watched a coach make the wrong call on the sidelines. It's easy to say from the stands, "what an idiot!, I would have not made that call, and the team would have won". But really, what good did your comment or even the thought of blaming the coach really do to the outcome of the game. As mentioned in earlier comments, we as people are not perfect, and we ALL will make mistakes. The difference in "changing" the outcome derives from coming down from the stands joining the team in whatever facet possible and support the coach with brains or brawn. The winning team is the "United" states of America. Unfortunately, we are slowly becoming just America. ....Come down from the stands, and help out where you can.

January 12, 2009 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  6. Michael

Maybe bush will finally be able to point out all of the GOOD things he has done in his presidency like all of the economic growth his administration sought over, not the recession that was the people's fault, and the fact that since 9/11 there has not been a single successful foreign terrorist attack on US soil.

Obama is no messiah. Why do you treat him like a god? Do you realize that you just elected a man with little political experience and a white house that will be ran by Billary?

Idiots.

January 12, 2009 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  7. Jane

Sky, you took the words right out of my mouth. This better not effect CSI in any way.

January 12, 2009 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  8. Uncle S.A.M.

I'll be watching Patrick Swayze's new show on A&E, The Beast. That's on cable and I don't have to worry about Dubya tooting his own horn.

January 12, 2009 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  9. Steve

I will watch only if he plans to apologize for destroying the Constitution, ignoring terrorist warnings before 9/11, wrecking our economy, and getting us involved in a war in Iraq that should never have been fought.

There's a better chance of my dog building a rocket to the moon.

January 12, 2009 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  10. True Blue

As long as he doesn't interrupt Ugly Betty or Grey's Anatomy, I couldn't care less.

January 12, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  11. California Gold

After his press conference this morning, he may just feel like he is warming up on re-writing the last 8 years. I haven't heard this much blather since his last press conference.

January 12, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  12. HomerJay

Is he still around?

Sheesh....turn out the lights behind you on the way out, George. No one cares anymore.

January 12, 2009 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  13. Kim, Charlotte, NC

No thanks, I will be watching American Idol.....

January 12, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  14. Collin

You people need to shut your mouth. Look at what Bush has been through during his presidency compared to his father or Clinton. 9-11, two recessions, etc. The biggest headline during Clinton's term was his inability to stay full clothed in the office.

January 12, 2009 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  15. zzzzz

What's on HBO Thursday night?

January 12, 2009 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  16. TomD

Maybe he should just skip the middle-man (pretending to talk to Americans) and give his Quarterly Report to the Board Of Directors at Haliburton. You bet Cheney will seated at the head of that table in 9 days from now.

January 12, 2009 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  17. ConsiderThis, FL

The only thing that Bush should say to the country is "I'm sorry I made such a mess of everyone's life; not withstanding my richer friends, of course."

January 12, 2009 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  18. a friend

We'll miss ya Mr. President

January 12, 2009 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  19. s

thanks, but no thanks!

January 12, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  20. Mike

Whether you hate him or love him.. here is a fact. After 9/11 we havent has a attack on our nation. I hope obama can atleast do that for the next 4years.

January 12, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  21. Jean

At last! His FINAL speech !!! I'm lucky, I won't have to watch him because I will be at work!

January 12, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  22. Justin from New Haven, CT

He will declare a state of emergency and refuse to leave office.

January 12, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  23. Polar Bears Against Palen

I'd rather watch ALF reruns.

January 12, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  24. sandee in Portland

I'm one person that won't watch and listen to more of his blatant lies.

January 12, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  25. Daniel

Who gives a sh...t what he has to say

January 12, 2009 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |