January 12th, 2009

President Bush requests time for farewell address

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/10/art.bush11.gi.jpg caption="President Bush will address the nation Thursday night."] WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bush has requested time from the networks Thursday evening to deliver a roughly 15-minute farewell address from the East Room of the White House.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Bob L

'Bring it on'

but I will make sure I will be out of town.

January 12, 2009 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  2. Reality Check

Good for him. He can set the record straight on a number of issues. It will also allow him to highlight how he won the war and Iraq and kept America in the seven and a half years after 911. Hopefully, the empty suit (i.e., Obama) will be watching and . . . listening.

January 12, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  3. New Yorker

A hearty thank you to President Bush for being a man of integrity and not caving to the polls. God bless you and your family President Bush. I will miss your excellent leadership.

January 12, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  4. Michael ATL GA

Give the man some boiled peanuts that he can munch on his walk back to Texas. browny will be waiting for him with some of his cookies.Gonzales will provide salsa support. Rummy will electrify his welcome with a few fireworks display (shock and shocked) while cheney will lite up some of the quail he happenned to steal from McCain. festivities everywhere in TX

January 12, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  5. Mr Magoo

LOL...did you see his press conference this morning. I can't believe the republicans dimwits are talking trash about PEBO. All republicans are racist idiots and Bush is your leader.

January 12, 2009 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  6. Aimee

Bye! Said it for him and it didn't take 15 minutes of my precious time.

January 12, 2009 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  7. Proud American

I will watch. You will be missed Mr. President.

January 12, 2009 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  8. beachgirl

We DON'T WANT TO SAY GOOD BYE Mr. Bush!

JUST GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEEEEAAASE!

We are so happy to see you going!

January 12, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  9. Texas Latina

We don't need to hear his justifications.

January 12, 2009 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  10. Louis

Let's see...options for Thusday night:

1–Twilight Zone re-runs

2–Floss

3–Listen to Bush

My choice–any one but 3.

January 12, 2009 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  11. John

Change is coming. I can feel it in my veins. Think Chicago, think Illinois. None of the Texas Bush stuff. We have a real leader coming in now and everything will instantly be different. Bush has ruined everything. I can't even afford to put the marble walkway around my swimming pool this year. But next year, things will be different.

January 12, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  12. In da Burgh

After W is gone, what will become of you ? So many will have nothing left to live for.

January 12, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  13. Lyndon from CA

I would welcome the forty third president into my livingroom for one last time...SMILE...))

January 12, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  14. keith

I like that CNN can track its detractors. Its not that I dislike Bush himself, but I do dislike his ideology.It is wack, and his fathers was wacked!!!. His brother Jeb was a little to stomach, and is smarter that George, but they are all the same.,and to think his Father wanted him to run for Senator of Florida. Are you crazy!!!!!!!!!

January 12, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  15. John. Austin, TX

when i saw the video of all the presidents at the white house- i could seriously just see "stupid" venting out of this guy. he stands so slouchy, i can't wait till he get's back to digging armadillos out of holes.

January 12, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  16. Kojeh

He can't say goodbye fast enough. To think I voted for him the first time....
    He has been the biggest disappointment for America and our values.
    Lord don't let it CBS cove it ....Lord don't let it CBS cove it...please please please need to see CSI....

January 12, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  17. Kojeh

He can't say goodbye fast enough. To think I voted for him the first time....
    He has been the biggest disappointment for America and our values.
    Lord don't let CBS cover it ....Lord don't let CBS cover it...please please please need to see CSI....

January 12, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  18. Steve

A good and decent man! More than most of you actually deserved. You can't give him any credit for anything at all. No child left behind was co-authored by Ted Kennedy, no one is ratting on how bad Kennedy stunk it up! Just one example!
    Mr President, Thank you and may God bless!

January 12, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  19. E. Elliott, Orlando

He ought to be preparing hiswar crimes trial defense. Like the other Nazis, it will be "just following orders". In his case from Rove, Chaney and the oil companies who have owned him since they fished him out of the bottle.

January 12, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  20. Accountability

I don't need him to say goodbye....I just need him to go away.

January 12, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  21. Don

Why doesn't he just buy time on Fix Noise? I can't imagine any of the other networks wanting it

January 12, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  22. RJ, Phoenix

Wow... sure are a lot of bitter folks here.
    Let him have his final 15 minutes.

January 12, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  23. justin

the networks will be foolish to give him....nobody wants to hear from this man...we ve all moved on !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

January 12, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  24. Marc in Virginia

uh "ran".. he is going away. Duh.

January 12, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  25. Marc in Virginia

uh ran and Ed. he is going away. Duh.

January 12, 2009 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |