January 12th, 2009

President Bush requests time for farewell address

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/10/art.bush11.gi.jpg caption="President Bush will address the nation Thursday night."] WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bush has requested time from the networks Thursday evening to deliver a roughly 15-minute farewell address from the East Room of the White House.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. a suthern bell

I HONESTLY DON'T WANT TO EVER LAY EYES ON

YOU, YOUR FATHER, YOUR MOTHER, YOUR BROTHERS,

YOUR ANYONE THAT HAS A DROP OF BUSH BLOOD.

January 12, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  2. Debra

If this is another pity party like this morning's supposed press conference...I'm not interested. I have more than enough to depress me already without listening to him talk about how "misunderstood" he has been. Sell it somewhere else...and give the American people the change!

January 12, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  3. mikew

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, finally the people' business will have a chance.

January 12, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  4. Brandon

SIGH, the last decent address for at least 4 years.

January 12, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  5. Chicago GOP

Can't wait. I will miss him once Obama takes office. We will then be stuck listening to the second best orator of all time (ranked behind Hitler) giving promises he can never fill. Obama's presidency will be plagued by the same problems that Carter faced.

January 12, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  6. tfc

Good bye and good luck.

January 12, 2009 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  7. Cashman

Why do we have to listen to this bozo one more time? Can't we just tell him, "Thanks for serving, good luck, and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!"

January 12, 2009 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  8. America Held Hostage T-8 Days

We have had wall to wall coverage for Obama by the media. Seems only fair to give President Bush 15 minutes.

I'll definitely be missing the inauguration. What a yawnfest that will be. I'll be breaking out DVD's for that since it wil last hours and not only 15 minutes.

January 12, 2009 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  9. Ev

Please don't bother!

January 12, 2009 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  10. Chris

Yes, he has ruined all of our lives. We can't even go to the store and purchase bread anymore. I make my living collecting mud for bricks.

Whiny crybabies. He sure wasn't the best ever but he wasn't the worst either and, until the last year when the country started finally paying the price for Clinton's mistakes with the easy money loans, this country prospered under Bush.

I hope Obama does well but Bush really did help us in many ways and he protected the country.

January 12, 2009 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  11. Anonymous

I'm glad I don't have television.

January 12, 2009 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  12. Michael

Maybe it will only be shown on the Fox News angry white southern males channel so the rest of us can watch something better.

January 12, 2009 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  13. Voter

I don't recall any other exiting President having so many meetings and occasions and "lasts" in which he said, "goodbye."

Have other presidents made farewell addresses?

These appear to be manufactured opportunities for Mr. Bush to justify his actions over the last 8 years.

As far as I can see, the Americans who voted for him not once, but TWICE, then sat back and watched us fall apart have at least as much to answer for as Mr. Bush.

January 12, 2009 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  14. Ed Word

Let me know exactly when, so I can plan to do anything else but watch that moron.

January 12, 2009 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  15. DOC

Media blackout from Gaza. Thats why CNN and other MSM sources are not running any stories on those events.

At least NOW I know why CNN is failing to report the news...

January 12, 2009 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  16. Janet in Reno

DON'T SPEAK. He needs to just go away. No one wants to hear him say one more word.

January 12, 2009 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  17. ralph tyler

JUST GO AWAY!

January 12, 2009 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  18. Katie in Pennsylvania

As much as I hate to admit, I will kinda miss Bush. It has been a LONG eight years, after all . . .

January 12, 2009 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  19. Paul in SC

Thank you for your service President Bush. And for you idiot liberals, get a life!!

January 12, 2009 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  20. todd

Na na na na! Na na na na! Hey hey! Goodbye!

January 12, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  21. Tom Nguyen

Folks:

Bush is still the US president. Show him some respect. It is kind and encourage for him to say good bye to his fellow citizens. He did lots of good things and he has made mistakes just like any one and any leaders. Obama will too. If you got twice $600 tax credit, had a job last 8 yrs and still feel safe then you need to give Bush some credit. I hope that stupid people who chewed Bush out think before they speak. How can you give Obama a thumb up of approval? He has done nothing yet. He is not even the president. Now you see how stupid you are.

January 12, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  22. Jetskreemr

Good riddance!

January 12, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  23. Tomo

When is Dick Cheney's farewell address. Afterall he is the puppet-master.

January 12, 2009 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  24. Shawn - GA

I think it is sad how so many people come on these blogs and comment as if they have any idea what they are talking about. We civilians have no idea what goes on fully, I am sure history will paint the truth. Be is a positive or negative one, however making such hateful comments while having little information just goes to show how ignorant people are. You believe 1 person made everything bad happen? Really? Talk about a scape goat.

I am very concerned for PE Obama. He is human, he is just a man and he has to work within the same system. He can not possibly change as much as people are thinking he will, it is not possible. I pray that the warm fuzzy feelings do continue so he can get things done, I just see that people in that system are already turning on him and he has not even moved in yet.

January 12, 2009 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  25. David, PA

Whatever your political views are, it would be nice to see some respect for the president. I hope that President Obama gets the increased respect that President Bush has been denied.

January 12, 2009 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |