January 12th, 2009

President Bush requests time for farewell address

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/10/art.bush11.gi.jpg caption="President Bush will address the nation Thursday night."] WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bush has requested time from the networks Thursday evening to deliver a roughly 15-minute farewell address from the East Room of the White House.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. MD

What a show of disrespect from this blog.

January 12, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  2. Salt & Pepper

I hope it's not interupting our "regularly scheduled programs. That would really piss people off...

January 12, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  3. Griff

"Your comment is awaiting moderation"?
    Maybe you were on Duty in 2001... Or maybe on board the Titanic! You are so Blind America... Commication Operator's,,, I suppose you have a Job, but for who's side????

January 12, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  4. Billy

Just go George, just go.

Nobody's buying your revisionist history hooey...no one cares. Just go.

January 12, 2009 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  5. Darth Vadik, CA

Not necessary, just pack your bags and go back to that hole they call Texas.

You people from Texas, don't you want your indpendence?
    Don't you want to be your own country?
    Doesn't that sound nice?

Ah, I can only dream.

January 12, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  6. Krinkle Krinkle

East Room, you say? I'll be there with all of my shoes for the farewell.

I love how he's NOW concerned about his legacy... "plague" is more like it.

January 12, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  7. Seriously?

Yeah, at this point our silly made-up TV shows are more important than this nut job. Kinda sad though that he thinks anyone cares.

January 12, 2009 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  8. Don't let the door

hit you on the way out, George.

January 12, 2009 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  9. Angela

someone needs to start a National Boycott of this program! I am making a point not to watch. The only farewell I look forward to is seeing him get in the Helicopter and fly back to Texas. In exactly one week.

January 12, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  10. Vincent in Nebraska

Oh yeah, I'll TOTALLY watch that.

Under the circumstance that I might be at the Dentist AND have my mouth stuck open so I can't protest AND the remote is dead AND I've received a novocaine shot in my spinal chord and am therefore unable to leave the room.

You know, it's hard to understand how so many people on the Right can be so clueless and oblivious to how the world really is...and then you see this guy and realize that they've had a great example for the last 8 years.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

January 12, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  11. Humored in Texas

The Bush Farewell Address brought to you by Halliburton! When you're raping America, let Halliburton show you the way!!

And by Harken Energy! If you have a failed business being run by a drunken, coke-headed lout, and he needs a place to put his feet up, let Harken provide the soft landing and let him cash out that stock before the company goes belly-up!!!

January 12, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  12. KRed

During The Office? Are you kidding me?? C'mon – just leave us alone!

January 12, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  13. Buh BYE

Buh BYE
    How does it feel to have set U.S. diplomacy back 200 years?

January 12, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  14. kathy

Now it's time to say goodbye to Bush and company, I really hope
    they tell him no and won't let him on TV. Please don't waste
    anymore of our precious time. Good riddens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 12, 2009 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  15. thomas limperos

Give him the 15 minutes in these trying times, i need a good laugh.

January 12, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  16. Denise Walters

Last attempt to salvage a legacy.

January 12, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  17. annie the Democrat

Good for him

January 12, 2009 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  18. Rennie Archibald

WHY?

Eight years of lies. One more package of lies in an attempt to write his own history.

Go George and don't let the door smack you on the way out.

January 12, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  19. BC

If this interrupts The Office or 30 Rock, I'll just have another reason to hate him. Just wave to us from the moving van.

January 12, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  20. dan in NM

I'll miss him, and Mrs. Bush. I wish he could have served a 3rd term.

January 12, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  21. Steve in Louisville

In order for there to be a "farewell" address you have to have someone who hopes you fare well in the future. As a war criminal, Bush should fare poorly in the future.

In any event, this will be a complete waste of time. I hope no network interrupts normal broadcast schedules to air it.

January 12, 2009 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  22. Joe the Drummer

On behalf of the countries wealthiest 1 percent I commend thee for giving us a wonderful 8 years, let the other 99 percent starve to death!

January 12, 2009 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  23. Matt

Bush: "See ya everyone. I hid all the latest intelligence on the likely next attack, so we could blame Obama and the Dems, so hardy-har-har, who's having the last laugh now?"

January 12, 2009 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  24. miles1269u

WOW.... this will probably be the first time people use TiVo to fast forward TO the commercials......

January 12, 2009 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  25. Matt

I'm goign to record it on VHS and then burn the tape just for fun.

January 12, 2009 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |