January 12th, 2009

President Bush requests time for farewell address

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/10/art.bush11.gi.jpg caption="President Bush will address the nation Thursday night."] WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Bush has requested time from the networks Thursday evening to deliver a roughly 15-minute farewell address from the East Room of the White House.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Joe Terrogano

This is just another example of how Bush, and his equally oblivious supporters, do not have a clue as to the adverse impact that He and his Administration has had on our country, government, and international relations. A separate report claims that he defends the Katrina response. Words can not express the relief that I feel about his impending departure. Despite all of the Republican apologists, history will not be kind to this shallow, intellectually constipated man. A walking template of what to avoid in any future Presidential candidates.

January 12, 2009 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  2. Greed is not good

Yes DON"T BOTHER! You give me a headache and the less you say and sooner you leave the better.

January 12, 2009 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  3. Shant

I bet he's going to announce the new $0 bill with his headshot on it.

Thanks to him, that's pretty much what we're left with.

January 12, 2009 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  4. i am not amused

Not while Judge Judy is on!

January 12, 2009 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  5. G

In the words of Malia Obama are you going to be on all the tv's? lol

January 12, 2009 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  6. Taff

I will definately watch this! Maybe he may just pull a Nixon on us and say "I am sorry. I screwed up.........." I mean, afterall he is a praying man. Maybe he will seek redemption and absolution through a confession of his sins.

January 12, 2009 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  7. Trisher

You know that strange little numb feeling under your tougue you get before you puke....Thats what I have now........

January 12, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  8. Mr E

Bye, I WONT MISS YOU, may the souls of those who died because of your bad policies , REST IN PERFECT PEACE , AMEN , AMEN, AMEN

January 12, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  9. A Woman In California For Obama

Farewell Mr. President. Although I am totally opposed to the war-the truth is-I did experience far more prosperity under your administration than I ever did under the Clinton administration and I do thank you for the black members you appointed to KEY positions. Having said that-I look forward to an Obama administration and the good things I hope are in store for America.

January 12, 2009 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  10. Peter

Tell Bush not to bother with a TV farewell. A disastrous track record of arrogant incompetence and an inability to articulate ideas is farewell enough.

January 12, 2009 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  11. Al

Bush just needs to get out of D.C. and stop trying to rewrite the worst 8 years in US history!!!!!

January 12, 2009 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  12. John in KY

Don't let the door smack your backside on the way out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 12, 2009 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  13. White/female/age 55/Texan

Eight more days!!

January 12, 2009 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  14. rustedstevie

It better be an apology.

January 12, 2009 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  15. SGC

Lets see, President Bush followed by The Office on NBC. Is the Peacock Network having a contest on who's the better executive? W or Steve Carell?

January 12, 2009 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  16. legal in nc

Great job Mr President!

You'll go down in history as one of the greatest presidents ever!

Thanks for your service to our country!

January 12, 2009 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  17. Gottlieb Schlittenfahrt

Farewell shmarewell...fer Chrissakes just go away, George!

January 12, 2009 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  18. Jackson, Seattle

n in NM January 12th, 2009 5:56 pm ET

I'll miss him, and Mrs. Bush. I wish he could have served a 3rd term.
    __________

Why, so we could become a third world nation??

January 12, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  19. Ernie in LA

One day soon, this man might look better than you ever thought he would.

January 12, 2009 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  20. Mobius

Hello, frying pan? This is fire. Ready when you are.

January 12, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  21. Sophia in Canada

I am sure he could "wrap it up" in 1 minute. Better yet, in one word, GOODBYE.
    He shouldn't have much more to say.
    If he keeps talking he may just incriminate himself.

January 12, 2009 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  22. Juan Grain

Thursday is not good for me how about ummm let me see, never!

January 12, 2009 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  23. Sophia in Canada

"Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you !!!"

January 12, 2009 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  24. dyellon md

This man is pathetic. He actually believes he did a good job and saved us from "TERRORISTS". He has done more damage to this country than any other leader in modern times. He is by far the worst President in the history of the United States of America. He dragged us into a war that wasn't necessary, ignored going after the real monsters who attacked us, ruined our reputation abroad, caused the death of thousands of American soldiers fighting a preemptive war that was ill concieved and did more to harm us than help in this world, ruined the economy by failing to regulate the greed and protect the average American, allowed New Orleans to sink and people to drown, allow torture to occur and spying on our own citizens to florish and subverting the Constitution of the USA. And he still has that same " What me Worry" look on his face. He should just go away so we can start to clean up the mess he created.

January 12, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  25. Jan Gainer

Are we going to give him more time to tell the news service "fairy tales." The so called news conference was a sorry event. As I listened this morning, I was disgusted that these newspeople can sit there and listen to such drivel. And now he wants to take more time to spout his nonsense.

January 12, 2009 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |