January 26th, 2009

Limbaugh: Obama is 'frightened of me'

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/26/art.rush0126.gi.jpg caption=" Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh responded Monday to recent reported comments by President Obama."]
(CNN) - Radio host Rush Limbaugh said Monday that President Obama is “frightened of me.”

“He’s obviously more frightened of me than he is [Senate Minority Leader] Mitch McConnell,” Limbaugh told listeners. “He’s more frightened of me, then he is of say, [House Minority Leader] John Boehner, which doesn’t say much about our party.”

Limbaugh’s comments followed reports Obama warned GOP congressional leaders last week that they should stop listening to the conservative talker, who had said on air he wanted the new president to fail.

"Now this is the great unifier," he told listeners Monday. "This is the man who's going to unify everybody and usher in a new era of bipartisanship and love."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs gave reporters the administration's latest message to Limbaugh at Monday's press briefing: "Tell him I said, 'Hi,'" he joked.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
soundoff (2,847 Responses)
  1. Jason Vogt

I could care less what Limbaugh thinks and I doubt many CNN readers do either. If I did care, I'd listen to his venom on AM radio. Please don't allow CNN to be stained by his filth.

January 26, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  2. alreadytiredofit

Such an irrelevant human – what a waste of skin – and I mean a lot of it!!!!

January 26, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  3. And people take him seriously?

Really, Rush?

Can't you just see it? Obama telling people not to listen to Rush Limbaugh because Obama fears Limbaugh's intellectual prowess?

Perhaps Obama is worried that the same people who listen to Limbaugh will also rally behind the Republican party's other leading scholar: Sarah Palin.

When will both of them JUST GO AWAY?

January 26, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  4. David Miller

Obama is "frightened of" Limbaugh. What a laugh. Is Mr. Limbaugh back on the drugs again?

January 26, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  5. Sam

Limbaugh: I am frightened of you too! You are a conservative on the other hand and a drug addict on the other hand which the last time I c checked were mutually exclusive! But then again, that is ok! You keep amusing me!

6. Mardene Pemberton

RUSH, is a fool OBAMA was correct when he told the GOP lawmakers not to listen to RUSH, and no OBAMA is not affraid of RUSH, all he is a loud mouth full of hot air fool who likes to see the COUNTRY divided with hatred.

7. vincent - phoenix

he MUST be shrooming....

Obama is the freaking President of these United States. and he's afraid of a blowhard.

yeah... ok... let's go with THAT...

Obama would OWN fatboy intellectually...... OWNS HIM....

he can cry that bull all day, every day... it will never make it true.

8. Lance Anderson

If I didn't believe that Limbaugh, or el...?something Mexican?, as I think he likes to be called, wasn't so terrified of losing his radio business that, very ironically thrives on dividing Americans, I'd think he was the biggest idiot on the face of the earth! But hey, you can't blame him. Who would want to lose $35million a year? And in the meantime I'm sure that terrorists and enemies of America of all stripes are cheering him on!

9. Martin

Rush Limbaugh, what a bag of hot air. Who actually cares about what he’s talking about, I don’t…

10. alisa

This fool is so full of himself. He gives himself far too much credit. I guess President Obama needs to also remind him that He won the election also.

He is truly un-American and boarding on a domestic terrorist in my view.

11. Yuseff

Now this guy is a friggin joke.

12. Dan

No, Rush, you don't scare Americans who want the President and the government to succeed. We are saddened by those who put their own ideology ahead of what is best for our country.

13. Carol

Limbaugh..you are so stupid!

14. Keith GA

Rush is on drugs again......

15. lisa ohio

Um mm....... Why would Obama be afraid of a crackhead....Oops I'm sorry someone who abused prescriptions drugs? Obama and his administration should leave Limbaugh to his own antics and focus on resolving the issues in this country. Limbaugh is like a neglected child starving for attention. Mr Limbaugh "It is better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" . President Obama is afraid of Limbaugh!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO

16. charles h, mississippi

Oh sure, a 3 time divorcee and drug addict – you got lots of room to talk.

So when are you running for President. Come on big guy – put your money where your big mouth is.

17. Eric

Why wont Rush run for office?? He has so many great ideas. LMAO!!
    He cant even handle a relationship with the opposite sex. Married 3 times. What a loser! Addicted to drugs!! Look in the mirror and fix that and then try to fix the country.

18. Hammer

Obama is not frightened of Limbaugh, he just does not allow anyone to disagree with him.

19. Jonathan Burton

Rush Limbaugh is just a jester...errr...fool.
    He says things to get people riled up, and his success has plumeted him to the lowly ranks of AM talk radio.
    His comments are often racist and bigotous, and show that he has time and time again failed the legacy of his father and grandfather.
    This man takes jabs at those who are better men than to sink to his level. He speaks out of ignorance, and with a closed mind.
    It is sad that there are still those out there who haven't woken up to the times that they are in. Those who still clinging to the tired, old thought patterns that have led us astray for so long. And yet too foolish to see the error of their ways. What's more, they stubborly and defiantly spew rhetoric of a time that is gone. And keep the hope that they can hold back the ever forwarding progress that this county has made.
    Men like Limbaugh have been left in the dust, and have only their flippant, and ego-centric minds to keep them company.

20. ash

That's right you bloated scumbag...keep that negativity flowing...eventually you'll drown yourself.

21. Dennis

Yeah, with an overwhelming mandate, Obama must be shaking in his boots. I would think he has more important things to think about than increasingly irrelevant blowhards like Rush, Hannity, Coulter, et al

22. Reasonablewoman

I don't think so....... For sure hot air.

January 26, 2009 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  23. Bill

Please Rush give the country a break the Republicans loss the election and that is a fact. President Bush destroyed the Republican Party for years to come.

Please keep on talking nonsense I do not listen to you anyway.

January 26, 2009 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  24. marie

Now this man is so ridiculous, he needs to get off his high horse. C'mon, scared of him? His ego is clearly in need of some major ribulding... And that sarcastic " now this is the great unifier" just shows HIS fear that Pres. Obama can succeed and actually help America progress. I bet that even some republicans have to recognize that this man is just full of it and he only uses their vulnerability to steer them towards hate!!!

January 26, 2009 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  25. bruce FORMER REPUBLICAN FROM MA.

My, My.... I have made a habit of saying that the Republicans are "TOPS" because they just spin..spin..spin... and now we have the drug addict of the radio talk world, truly TOPS in his area of work
    spinning...spinning...spinning....

Thank you America... my children and grandchildren thank you... you have elected a President that will give them a chance for the life I was able to have. You should be proud.

This person should be confined.

Yup its that old (69yrs) white-retired guy from Ma. Former Republican
    BRUCE

January 26, 2009 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114