January 26th, 2009

Limbaugh: Obama is 'frightened of me'

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/26/art.rush0126.gi.jpg caption=" Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh responded Monday to recent reported comments by President Obama."]
(CNN) - Radio host Rush Limbaugh said Monday that President Obama is “frightened of me.”

“He’s obviously more frightened of me than he is [Senate Minority Leader] Mitch McConnell,” Limbaugh told listeners. “He’s more frightened of me, then he is of say, [House Minority Leader] John Boehner, which doesn’t say much about our party.”

Limbaugh’s comments followed reports Obama warned GOP congressional leaders last week that they should stop listening to the conservative talker, who had said on air he wanted the new president to fail.

"Now this is the great unifier," he told listeners Monday. "This is the man who's going to unify everybody and usher in a new era of bipartisanship and love."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs gave reporters the administration's latest message to Limbaugh at Monday's press briefing: "Tell him I said, 'Hi,'" he joked.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
soundoff (2,847 Responses)
  1. Donna from Colorado Springs

Rush Limbaugh is the biggest walking bag of fertilizer on the planet! Why would ANYONE be afraid of him......especially the president? He is so full of himself and his self importance. Too bad that he is a legend in his own mind. Only his fanatic, lunatic fringe wing nuts follow his teachings like they are the gospel. Rush, if you should get bored with looking at yourself in the mirror and take the time to read other opinions and stumble onto this blog, please hear this. No one listens or cares what the right has to say anymore. You lost!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it. If you were to lose your job as thousands of people have, You'd be the first one in line with your hand out! How dare you criticize the president and hope he fails! I hope that all of your venom and hateful ideas come back to bite you in the - someday!

January 26, 2009 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  2. Tiss

What a raging narcissist. Why does anyone let him open his mouth much less pay him to open his mouth.

January 26, 2009 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  3. Joy

I hate Limbaugh , walking and talking like he is above all. He makes my skin crawl!

January 26, 2009 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  4. Moe, NC

Rush Limbaugh is so irrelevant!

January 26, 2009 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  5. SPLENDA

RUSH LIMBAUGH REALLY THINKS HE IS SOOOO IMPORTANT. IDIOT!!!!

January 26, 2009 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  6. Photon Torpedo Dallas, TX

Rush..... reallly? You give yourself waaaaaaaay too much credit.

Obama for 8 years!

January 26, 2009 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  7. don mclellan

Please tell Limbaugh to take a couple of pain killers,as apparently he is quite familiar with that! As for President Obama,it does have a nice ring to it,does it not.Limbaugh of course is a "Nut Case",always was always will be.Better yet tell him to take 3 dozen "pain Killers"and then he can rant and rave in the looney bin where most certainly he belongs.As for Obama being "frightened by this character"-give me a break,although if I were his wife or children ,I would most certainly be "frightened" if he does have such a connection.Just a comment.

January 26, 2009 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  8. Mikel

Obama made a mistake by even mentioning his name–because Rush never misses a chance to purposely mis-characterize a statement if he can use it for a little self-flattery.

Does anybody really listen to this moron anymore?

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  9. Rush is IRRELEVENT

I guess I'll be the first to comment on this egomaniac... When are guys like him and Sean Insanity going to just fade away to irrelevency or just change the way they spew their hatred and divisiveness?... Probably never since their core audienece is filled with idiots that can't or don't think for themselves, racist to the core, and think solutions are always being absolutely against someone else's views... Solutions are brought about when opposite sides come to the table ,iron out what the answers could be and meet in the middle somewhere.... just because i disagree with 99.9% of a religious persons views doesnt mean I disreguard everything they say... Its about compramise not "if you disagree with me i'll just kill you" which is what religious people do by the way.... anyway back to this boob... RUSH , TAKE SOME MORE ILLEGAL DRUGS, GO SIT DOWN SOMEWHERE BECAUSE YOU ARE BECOMING MORE IRRELEVENT AS PEOPLE WAKE UP TO YOUR B.S

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  10. Anthony

I think Rush is racist but is very smooth about it. I shouldn't be on the air saying that he wishes the president would fail. And what makes you think the President is scared of you, you have too big of head.

Anthony
    California

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  11. Craig in Washington

The only thing afraid of Rush Limbaugh is a hamburger and fries.

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  12. David O. Kemp

I will go up to this baffoon anytime. I am perhaps 1/20th as smart as President O'Bama. Let me know of the date, time and place.

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  13. KMP

Oh just shut up Rush is this all you have got. I understand you are a bitter little man but get real I don't think Obama is afraid of you, more likely he is just saying what we all think you are irrelevant and no one should listen to you because you have nothing relevant to add to any conversation except hate.

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  14. The Lady

President Obama won and the race is over can you just move on and let us worry about the important things like the economy, even if you don't agree with President Obama he is your President and you should show him a little more respect than this.

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  15. Frank

Actually, he was warning his Republican opponents that you are a better friend to him than you are to them.

But if you're back on your drugs, I imagine that escaped you.

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  16. DWoods

Are you back on those drugs again?

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  17. MC- Atlanta,GA

Dear Rush,

Shut up already.

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  18. steve

Hate merchant (Rush), you are just feeding your bloated ego.
    You are already been marginalized by well-meaning Americans who love their country and have a stake on it success .
    Your ditto -heads are losing their jobs in the thousands and you are wishing that the president fail in his attempt to create job and opportunity for all.

January 26, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  19. Debbie Boyd

I'd be scared of Rush too! To me he has NO credibility. He's your basic, run of the mill drug addict who spews hatred and devisiveness and plays only to his base. Any other drug addict would be unemployed after receiving treatment. Rush and Hannity DO NOTHING to help bring this country together to correct the problems we have. They support NOTHING democratic, good, bad or otherwise. There will NEVER be any bi-partisanship when you have people like this out there. With all the problems this country is facing, you'd think they'd use their power and influence to do something positive. Their type of tactics NEED to be silenced. Of all the years that Rush has been allowed to talk his crazy head off....I know of NOT ONE THING they have done that has helped Americans....NOT ONE!

January 26, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  20. Francisco Cardenas

Limbaugh is a pathetic joke. And the fact that GOP legislators would give him any credibility tells you why the GOP has failed miserably.

January 26, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  21. JT

I'll be afraid of Rush also. Espaecially standing face to face with him, if he dosen't pop a mint in his mouth because of all the garbage that he talks.

January 26, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  22. mary faye brown

HA HA...Rush is so pathetic.....not to mention unpatriotic. It must suck being the lone hater.

pssssst Rush..... you lost, get over it...It's a new world now, our world.

January 26, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  23. Kay MA

Stop flattering yourself, Limbaugh.

January 26, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  24. Give Me A Break!

Rush is so full of himself! I guess it is all of the drugs that he is on.

January 26, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  25. Oh Please

Get over yourself pal, you're about as fearsome as Sarah Palin, and SHE could see Russia from her house.

January 26, 2009 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114