January 26th, 2009

Limbaugh: Obama is 'frightened of me'

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/26/art.rush0126.gi.jpg caption=" Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh responded Monday to recent reported comments by President Obama."]
(CNN) - Radio host Rush Limbaugh said Monday that President Obama is “frightened of me.”

“He’s obviously more frightened of me than he is [Senate Minority Leader] Mitch McConnell,” Limbaugh told listeners. “He’s more frightened of me, then he is of say, [House Minority Leader] John Boehner, which doesn’t say much about our party.”

Limbaugh’s comments followed reports Obama warned GOP congressional leaders last week that they should stop listening to the conservative talker, who had said on air he wanted the new president to fail.

"Now this is the great unifier," he told listeners Monday. "This is the man who's going to unify everybody and usher in a new era of bipartisanship and love."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs gave reporters the administration's latest message to Limbaugh at Monday's press briefing: "Tell him I said, 'Hi,'" he joked.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
soundoff (2,847 Responses)
  1. Michael

Rush, no one is frightened of you....we're very very tired of you. Go away.

2. Anthony

The patriotism of Rush Limbaugh is amazing. Rooting for our President to fail and wishing for conservative leaders to be more "scary" to Obama is a great way to show your American spirit. And he said Obama is the poor unifier.

3. Bubba

Rush Lintball is a sad joke. Anybody who pays attention to him is a fool.
    Keep moving (forward) people.

4. Molly

Who would fear him. He has no pull with anyone with a brain. May be he thinks he can hurt Obama with hot air. I wish that he could feel the the pain that he causes with his crazy hate filled words.

5. Richard

Of course Barack Obama is scared of Limbaugh, just like he was scared of Hillary, scared of McCain, scared of Palin, etc.

6. IndyVoter

My My, where to begin....Limbaugh, you WISH that Obama was frightened of you, better yet that ANYbody was frightened of you. Your comment is truly laughable! You keep making these outlandish remarks precisely because you know that if you didn't no one would pay ANY attention to you. I guess bad publicity is better than none. You had better stop picking a fight. Don't you know that its the nice guys that will whip you the hardest when provoked.

7. Pat Omaha, NE

My mother always reminded me that when you point your finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you...
    and those who speak ill of others are insecure...
    who's afraid of whom?

8. Shane

Rush Limbaugh I think you are affraid of President Obama because more people listen to him than they do to you. You are affraid of competition. Haha somebody is affraid his ratings are going to crash because his negativity does not sell anymore. Sorry Rush you have been left behind.

9. Alec

I think everyone is frightened of you, Rush.

10. R. Phillips

rush limbaugh is a loser and will say anything to stay in the headlines. just him wanting obama to fail is ridiculous...he sure is a true american with that stance. Obama is trying to work with the repubs so why would he want them to listen to this moron? who would rather a black democrat president fail then succeed and help america.

11. Autumn

Rush Limbaugh is a blow hard. He is a hypocrite, which is par for the course of being Republican. I wish he would just go away, along with the people who listen to his drivel.

12. andy in NC

I guess we keep hearing about what this man has to say because he has such a loyal following? Or that his once loyal following is dwindling thus he needs new converts? It's so very obvious that he is a shock jock, that without controversy he wouldn't have a job, so he's found his angle. It's just that so many Americans eat their daily bread to his blathering.

13. JWW

I am appalled by Rush Limbaugh's remarks. Why would anyone want to see our president fail? I believe that is a slap in the face to the American people. But than he again he conservative who probably considers himself a christian. The church that I was brought up in did not spew the hate as some of the Repuplican conservatives do. Thousands of jobs were lost today and Rush Limbaugh is saying he wants failure, SHAME ON HIM.

14. Stephen in Bedford, TX

Unbelievable. Limbaugh must be on the drugs again. Limbaugh is a college drop out. President Obama was constitutional law professor. It's just like to the conservatives to listen to a college drop out drug addict before they listen to anyone who actually knows what they are talking about.

15. Alec

I think everyone is frightened of you, Rush.

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  16. shelly

Rush is a treasones, unpatriotic blowheart, He needs a sponsor and to work those twelve steps

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  17. babs

Rush is crazy. maybe he should team up with Palin and they can sit and hate together till the cows come home.

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  18. Saad from NJ

Regardless of what religion or a set beliefs one belongs to, in every society exists evil. This man is the evil that every religion and every society warns of and about.

It's up to the people of our nation whether they will allow the evil to prevail or they will allow the evil to fail and eventually fade.

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  19. Tony

If he wants President Obama to fail then all of us will. Limbaughs an idiot. Always was and always will be.

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  20. george sadler

I think Russ is back on the hard drugs. How any halfway intelligent person can take this idiot seriously is beyond me.

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  21. Ted

One tub of lard, extra nutty, please.

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  22. Staunch Democrat

RUSH WANTS THE PRESIDENT TO FAIL.

RUSH, I WANT YOU TO OVERDOSE ON YOUR ILLEGAL PAIN PRESCRIPTIONS, I'M SURE YOU'RE STILL FIENDING FOR.

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA...LET YOUR HATERS BE YOUR MOTIVATORS!

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  23. Glenn Groglio

And this guy makes millions and millions of dollars

as Dean wormer said

Fat stupid and ugly is no way of going thru life

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  24. Shaun

Something tells me he is back using drugs again.

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  25. JoeThePlumber

“He’s more frightened of me, then he is of say, [House Minority Leader] John Boehner..."

Wow, you would think that on CNN, they would at least edit their writing before publishing it. The quote should read, "He's more frightened of me, THAN he is of say...

January 26, 2009 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114