January 26th, 2009

Limbaugh: Obama is 'frightened of me'

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/26/art.rush0126.gi.jpg caption=" Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh responded Monday to recent reported comments by President Obama."]
(CNN) - Radio host Rush Limbaugh said Monday that President Obama is “frightened of me.”

“He’s obviously more frightened of me than he is [Senate Minority Leader] Mitch McConnell,” Limbaugh told listeners. “He’s more frightened of me, then he is of say, [House Minority Leader] John Boehner, which doesn’t say much about our party.”

Limbaugh’s comments followed reports Obama warned GOP congressional leaders last week that they should stop listening to the conservative talker, who had said on air he wanted the new president to fail.

"Now this is the great unifier," he told listeners Monday. "This is the man who's going to unify everybody and usher in a new era of bipartisanship and love."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs gave reporters the administration's latest message to Limbaugh at Monday's press briefing: "Tell him I said, 'Hi,'" he joked.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
soundoff (2,847 Responses)
  1. Dave in Houston

Limbaugh is delusional. Everything he stands for has been discredited in the past few months. He was fortunate that Bill Clinton had enough foibles and failings that he could stay relevant, but this Barack Obama could be the knockout blow that casts El Rushbo to the scrapheap of history.

If the Republicans ever hope to be electorally relevant again, they need to take the party in a very different direction. If they want to succeed, they would veer as far away from Limbaugh-ism as possible.

January 26, 2009 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  2. bill

Limbaugh is a pig......I apologize, that would be a dishonor to all the pigs in the world. He's just a swine.

January 26, 2009 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  3. Independent

Rush LIMPbaugh is just a very angry person. If I had to pop pills to be a man, I would be very angry also. 20 million conservative people listening to every word this drug [prescription pill ] addict says... Quite funny 😉

January 26, 2009 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  4. dorothy cain

Why is it again, that a "junkie" is so self-righteous?

January 26, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  5. Daphne

If I were President Obama not only would I not comment on anything Limbaugh has to say, I would strongly recommend that no member of my staff responds to anything he says as well. I would not give this racist, drug addict, wack job of an SOB the time of day. He is such a joke!!

January 26, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  6. Nick

Oh please this man failed out of college in his first year at a directional school (Southeast Missouri State). He has no credibility on any issue and it says so much about conservatives that a flunky is the primary feeder of their silly ideas/

January 26, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  7. David

First we had Operation Chaos. Now what is this, Operation Desperation?

January 26, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  8. Amused

"Rush Limbaugh : Largest talk show audience with 20 million listeners and growing!! How do you Libs explain that???"

Answer: We libs listen to it for fun. Just like we read Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter. They are amusing characters and when we turn off our brains they can be quite funny.

January 26, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  9. JDC

Let the history books decide who failed, Oh I'm sorry Limbaugh who?

January 26, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  10. M.Gus

Re: Steve NJ
    Well, I must say that I am glad you have begun to pay attention, even though it appears to be your first go at it, due to grammatical evidence.

However, your very dear George W. was the one (along with the equally worthless Democratic Congress and Senate) that pretty much set the takeover of the banks in motion. Republicans have never acted so socialist as they have in the last six months. I would jump beyond that to totalitarianism. (look at Russia, run by scumbags, kind of like our own country. Money now rules the world-and there are a few people hording most of that money, and trying to make sure it stays that way.) Socialism is dead, for the most part. But, money walks, and people like Rush talk.

Oh, and Steve, I wouldn't tell people that you "don't think you are racist." You should know better than to say that. Everybody and their dog knows what prejudices that they have. When you say you "think you are not" you are opening the door to actually being one without admitting it.

January 26, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  11. unidentified

Rush Limbaugh- if you read this, (and I think you are self absorbed enough to seek out as much info about yourself to do it), for God's sake, think of your parents! My mother used to babysit you and tells stories of what fine people your parents were. Your delusional ramblings discredit your family as well as your country not to mention driving away disgusted conservatives. When I see stories like this, I think of the photo my mom has of you at 4 years old, wearing a scarf on your head and holding a doll! If it wouldn't inflate you're ego more, I'd probably even post it. The irony of it always makes me laugh!

January 26, 2009 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  12. BJC

Keep up the good work Rush. I love ya! Some can't stand hearing the truth and especially when it makes their obamanation look like a rookie.

January 26, 2009 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  13. Vanessa

Believe me when I say that there are devils here on earth, Limbaugh is one of them. He's constantly spewing his venom. Poisoning the air waves. the envoirment, and all that is good. Obama have nothing to be afraid of, after all OBAMA is President of the United States, Limbaugh is just an idiot with a microphone.

January 26, 2009 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  14. mark

Most of you just don't get it.

Since when does a president "warn" congress about listening to someone?

Bush never told people they couldn't listen to Air America.

What is Obama threatening to do?

Maybe Obama should put together a sound argument for his position and persuade congress rather then attempting to silence opposition.

January 26, 2009 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  15. John

Affraid of Limbaugh? The only person Limbaugh ever frightened was his illegal alien houskeeper. He forced her to get drugs for him. Limbaugh, you are a disgusting fat pig. Your sole motovation is publicity so you can keep feeding yourself Vicodin and cheeseburgers. Keep flapin' your fat lips Limbaugh. It's the best thing you can do for the democratic party. "Let him rave so that all will know him insane."

January 26, 2009 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  16. BillH

Afraid of Limbaugh? The great windbag of the right? The drug abuser who should have been jailed, but was protected by his friends in government? That Limbaugh? You’ve got to be kidding. A small rabbit wouldn’t be afraid of Rush. Why anyone who has two operating brain cells would pay attention to that over-rated moron is beyond me.

January 26, 2009 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  17. Joel Miller

Limbaugh is a discredited hypocrital attention monger, packed full of hostility. I seriously doubt anyone is afraid of anything he has to say least of all President Obama. Limbaugh has a highly inflated sense of his own importance.

January 26, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  18. The partyguy

With 2000 radio stations and no "Fairness Doctrine", this is what it's all come down to...guys like Rush and John McCain just can't come to grips with the fact that the Reagan Era is finally over! He needs to go the way of Reagan...just go away!

January 26, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  19. Glenn Wishart

So you got picked on a lot in school...
    Let it go Rush You've got your Mansion so just let it go!

January 26, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  20. miker

No Free speach, deport people you don't like. Nasty name calling.
    ( only thugs could come up with the names used here to discribe rush)My bet is 90% never even have listened to him.Russ did drugs like 10 years ago,but vote in a guy that was found with bribe money in his freezer (thats ok).I don't listen to chris mathew and I don't spend all my time hating him,my tv has a Channel changer.

January 26, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  21. Lisa

Limbaugh – HORRIBLE FOR AMERICA AND ALL THAT WE STAND FOR

January 26, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  22. Lancaster, PA

Limbaugh needs to be arrested for attemp to recrute people for terrorism. People listen , you keep listening to this creature, it promotes hatred, people start hurting others, that is TERRORISM and guest what , what goes around comes around. Don't start counting your blessings because there are no blessings to count. You wonder why your life is falling apart, your prayers fall on death ears, God can't hear you. 20 million Limbaugh listeners? wow !!! 20 million terrorist !!!

January 26, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  23. Chris in Austin Texas

Its funny that liberals think drugs are OK unless Rush Libaugh or Cindy McCain take them. Its cool Obama did ya know. Looking at the comments here they attack a man for his weight. wow- I think most of us got past that in Kindergarten. No I know what they did with all those kids who got held back- they became liberal trolls and hang out right here on CNN. Here's to you guys!!!!! Cheers!

January 26, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  24. Owen Lee Alad

Rush Limbaugh has too much fat and not nearly enough brains!

January 26, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  25. andre davis

Rush obviously has another drug problem which probably leaves him impotent leaving him dillusional!

January 26, 2009 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114