January 26th, 2009

Limbaugh: Obama is 'frightened of me'

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/26/art.rush0126.gi.jpg caption=" Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh responded Monday to recent reported comments by President Obama."]
(CNN) - Radio host Rush Limbaugh said Monday that President Obama is “frightened of me.”

“He’s obviously more frightened of me than he is [Senate Minority Leader] Mitch McConnell,” Limbaugh told listeners. “He’s more frightened of me, then he is of say, [House Minority Leader] John Boehner, which doesn’t say much about our party.”

Limbaugh’s comments followed reports Obama warned GOP congressional leaders last week that they should stop listening to the conservative talker, who had said on air he wanted the new president to fail.

"Now this is the great unifier," he told listeners Monday. "This is the man who's going to unify everybody and usher in a new era of bipartisanship and love."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs gave reporters the administration's latest message to Limbaugh at Monday's press briefing: "Tell him I said, 'Hi,'" he joked.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
soundoff (2,847 Responses)
  1. David Wiederich

As far as Rush is concerned, I don't give him any attention, and that includes the time of day. As far as I know, he is still a coke head, and needs to get off the drugs.

January 26, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  2. Josh

What's this? Oooooohhhh!!! I know!!! An irrelevant voice echoing from the those dark days of the past...... Sad really.

January 26, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  3. Terry Smith

Yes, I believe Obama is right about this guy and I can careless about Rush also. It sad to say you hate someone but I hate Rush.

January 26, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  4. Liesa

People still listen to this jerk? Scary! What kind of self-serving person would actually want their country to fail. Sounds like a hater to me. He needs to be shipped off to a deserted island with Ann Coulter. Let them cackle at each other.

January 26, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  5. Jen

walter January 26th, 2009 8:58 pm ET
    Rush Limbaugh : Largest talk show audience with 20 million listeners and growing!! How do you Libs explain that???
    -----------
    They can't - they just salivate and hyperventilate and keep drinking the Kool-Aid. How sad!

January 26, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  6. Jasper

Obviously Limbaugh is scared he is becoming completely irrelevant. He knows saying outrageous things; especially about the President will get him a day or two of press time. Eventually he will crawl back in his hole, pop some pills and continue inhaling his cigar through his rec** before he puts it in his mouth.

January 26, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  7. Tom

If former President Bush told the democrats that they should not listen to Rachel Maddow what would you say? Hateful things! King Obama does it and people think it a great thing. It's a double standard.

January 26, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  8. CT_Buda

Rush Limbaugh LIES regularly on his show.
    If you listen to Limbaugh and take him serioiusly then
    you are seriously deluded.

January 26, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  9. James

Rush – you're either for America or against it. And from the sounds of it, it isn't the former. You sound just like someone who could care less about the little guy on who's back you walk upon constantly with your "you guys" talk as if you're immune to it. What a biggot you are!

January 26, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  10. Dr. C. Lee Riter

President Obama afraid of Rush L.? Yeah, right. Rush is a media moron who panders to the illiterate. Good luck, Rush.

January 26, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  11. Timothy

I think Rush is forgetting who has become the president and is instead being color blind. He is juding based on the color of the skin and not on the content of the character.
    And if Rush really wants Obama to fail then that means that the country would fail too.
    So does Rush really love America or does he hate who is president so much that he wants the USA to fail?

January 26, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  12. Donna

Hypocrite Dumbaugh. Go pop some more pills, ya moron!

January 26, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  13. robbiero

Well I guess, Mr.Rush is the dumb cheerleader for the failed republicans.I am NOT an American and I dont live in America,but I want this government to succeed,NOT because I support OBAMA.I just simply want my job back and America`s economy is a driving factor for that.No country in the modern history has got so much wealth and power that it affects people who dont even want to relate to it remotely.I like Americans but I dont like the mindless American policies that affects the rest of the world. Peace out.

January 26, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  14. Jason

GO LIMBAUGH!!! I LOVE IT!!! IT IS SO TRUE THAT HE IS SCARED OF YOU!!!! IF HE CANT HANDLE THIS THEN HOW CAN HE HANDLE TO RUN THIS GREAT NATION. OH WHAT A MESS OBAMA IS GOING TO MAKE. AND YES HE WILL FAIL. IT HAS ALREADY STARTED. WHERE IS MY STIMULUS CHECK? I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN IT...HAS ANYONE ELSE? LOL ......KEEP TALKING LIMBAUGH!!!!!

January 26, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  15. zoeymae

Why post it?

Because maybe "WE" as a group might just write, call, email, or boycott the station that airs this freak-show, and his advertisers????

January 26, 2009 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  16. Junior

I can't believe they still call Limbaugh a "CONSERVATIVE" with all the drugs he's being hooked on and had to get into recovery for.. no wander all the crap he is talking, like if the president needs to be afraid of a crap talking drug addict.. Go do some more rehab RUSH.

January 26, 2009 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  17. Connie

Limbaugh spews evil and hatred.

January 26, 2009 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  18. Texas Liberal

I didn't HOPE that Bush would fail; he just did. I wish CNN would stop wasting our time reporting on idiots like Rush Limbaugh and that vicious, brainless Ann Coulter.

January 26, 2009 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  19. Anonymous

Rush Limbaugh is an absolute jerk. Can there be any doubt that an attitude such as his is the main reason why the country is in such a mess, morally as well as economically. I cannot believe such a cretin is listened to by so many people. Just goes to show you how many morons people the USA!

Save the planet!

January 26, 2009 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  20. Rush the Comedian

I never knew Rush was a comedian in addition to being a bloated has-been radio jockey. I didn't even know Rush was still alive, he's like a turd that won't flush! Go away Rush, get back in your time machine and return to your Nazi brethren.

January 26, 2009 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  21. Travis

Limbaugh is just grabbing at straws and trying to rally the 5 extreme conservatives left in his dwindling outdated party!

January 26, 2009 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  22. lc

I don't know what's more surprising...people who listen to Rush or people who still listen to AM radio.

He just likes to hear himself talk that's all folks. He's nothing but hot air.

January 26, 2009 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  23. Daniel Jeff

Told ya Stop swallowing these pills and get a life

January 26, 2009 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  24. Geo.

Walter, It's easy to explain! Rush Limbaugh's followers don't care about the facts. Please, sir – listen to 1 hour of Rush and then fact check his numbers, his comments he says other people said, etc. It's about 40% true! It's like Karl Rove said, "Americans, if doing well, will always vote Republican... unless they are educated."

January 26, 2009 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  25. SM

Looks like Rush is running scared. With a true "unifier" like our new president, the hate mongers will lose their audience (hopefully.)

January 26, 2009 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114