January 26th, 2009

Limbaugh: Obama is 'frightened of me'

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/26/art.rush0126.gi.jpg caption=" Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh responded Monday to recent reported comments by President Obama."]
(CNN) - Radio host Rush Limbaugh said Monday that President Obama is “frightened of me.”

“He’s obviously more frightened of me than he is [Senate Minority Leader] Mitch McConnell,” Limbaugh told listeners. “He’s more frightened of me, then he is of say, [House Minority Leader] John Boehner, which doesn’t say much about our party.”

Limbaugh’s comments followed reports Obama warned GOP congressional leaders last week that they should stop listening to the conservative talker, who had said on air he wanted the new president to fail.

"Now this is the great unifier," he told listeners Monday. "This is the man who's going to unify everybody and usher in a new era of bipartisanship and love."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs gave reporters the administration's latest message to Limbaugh at Monday's press briefing: "Tell him I said, 'Hi,'" he joked.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Rush Limbaugh
soundoff (2,847 Responses)
  1. Matt

I hope Limbaugh pops so many oxycontins that he will never be able to do his radio show again. The day that there is no more Limbaugh on the airwaves is the day that 90% of all the crap on the airwaves instantly vanishes and becomes a near memory. Oh how I yearn for such a day.

January 26, 2009 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  2. Karen

YOU have got to be kidding me. This self serving piece of doo doo thinks way too highly of himself.

January 26, 2009 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  3. Donald Reynolds

Please...gimme a break. The only people afraid of Limbaugh are all you can eat buffets.

January 26, 2009 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  4. Thomas

I am a lifelong conservative, and Rush does NOT represent me. I have over 20 years of military service, several combat tours, did not vote for Obama. I now support him completely, because he is my president. If he fails, then the United States fails. I will hold President Obama accountable for his mistakes, but I dispise any un-patriotic blowhard like Rush who wishes ill on my country. The man does once had some good comentary on the problems of the Clinton era, but his fame has obviously gone to his head, and he does not represent the views of most conservatives.

January 26, 2009 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  5. David

When you pull the cover off the fat man you discover a draft dodger, college drop out, drug addict, selfish greedy individual who can not stay married. If the fact that he makes 100 million a year spewing his hate on the air is enough for good people to forget about everything else, we are in far more trouble than we think. This man is a traitor no less than Benedict Arnold, when he says "I hope he faile". If the President fails, then the country will fail. Send Rush to Gitmo and keep the place open.

January 26, 2009 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  6. 7pesos

test

January 26, 2009 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  7. Jackson

It is pretty simple...

If Obama becomes a transformational President, and creates an ideological shift towards progressive politics, bi-partisanship and unity over division...if this happens, then Rush Limbaugh's career is over......

January 26, 2009 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  8. Troy

The only one afraid of ol' Rush is a jelly donut.

January 26, 2009 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  9. bbech_23

Rush should have his picture in the dictionary next to the word idiot.

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  10. Robert C. Greenstone

Can 20,000,000 listeners be wrong? Yes. History has proven time and again that lemmings do exist. Rush is drunk on his own ego. Conservative live in the past. The conservative of today would have been the radical liberal 100 years ago. They just don't want anyone to shake up their world. Barack Obama isn't frightened of Rush. Rush would soil his diapers if he ever got a call from our new president and had to debate him.
    Rush loves golfing with big oil executives. He loves slandering people. he loves being a celebrity and a blowhard. The trouble with him, and his followers, is that they are so anti-American.

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  11. dickelocker, Ft. Lauderdale

Finally. CNN responses to Limbaugh reflect the polls.
    Nearly 90% of Americans approve Obama, 10% don't.
    When Limbaugh is compared to Obama on CNN,
    CNN's responders are 9 to 1 for Obama.
    However, it is a little scary that even 10% support such a fearmonger as Limbaugh.

Personally, I can't tell when he's on or off his drugs.
    Always the same ideological, fear-driven rant.
    Why can't he just enjoy the Honeymoon,
    And find something nice to say about Obama?
    If he did, he might be more credible in his negativity.
    rel

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  12. Kona

Part of what is seriously wrong with this country. That this person has a forum is fine with me, perfectly within the boundaries of the First Amendment. That this person has an audience is what "frightens" me.

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  13. Unshrub

walter

How do I explain rush's 20 million listeners. That's easy, out of 300 million people it's easy to find 20 million fools.

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  14. Vinny, Conroe, TX

Fat, ugly, full of crap and a prescription drug addict. The perfect republican spokesperson? I think so 🙂

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  15. scott

It seems as though ol Limbaugh fell off the wagon with the prescription pill addiction again...keep listening fair league of ingnorants...I mean, far right conservatives.

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  16. Bill Nancy,Ky

Who would care what an oxycontin user has to say about anything! He is irrelevant!

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  17. Tracy

I obviously made that comment based solely on the original article, not on prior responses; that someone would support the significance of views based on audienceship, which isn't necessarily a consistently accurate measure of support (need we reference those who made the opening of Moore's films simply to say that they opposed his positions?) is a rather minimal statement of that position in itself, and further a reliance on false hope rather than the reality that, unlike Bush, Obama won both the popular vote and the electoral college. I've listened to that particular voice of unreason, in the hopes of understanding the perspective of anti-logic and self-supporting ignorance, not to prop the points of view. I AM one of those audience, if only to know enough to say WHY I disagree, aside from not having a white penis and being an intelligent, self-thinking, patriotic American with enough moral fiber to stand up for moral values rather than monetary glorification. Or wait, does that make me a feminazi? Are we still using that word? And wait, is my referencing this only garnering greater power for that which I'm opposing. Thank goodness I'm not a hardline democrat and afraid of offending hardline republicans, because, ultimately, at least from my education, being American means valuing EVERYONE, respecting the rights of everyone, and promoting the belief that individual accomplishment or works, and not the accident of being born with a certain skin color, genitalia, familial belief system, intellectual acumen, sanity, or sexual orientation, is what defines a person.

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  18. Missy J

Ahh, shutcher pie-hole, Limbaugh.

January 26, 2009 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  19. Lisa

Shut-up Rush and go back to your drug-induced haze. Oh wait, you must be back on the pills to continue being so arrogant. Obama has done more for this country in one week than you have done in your 20+ years on the air. So just shut up you college drop-out, three times divorced, druggie!

People should be scared of you!

January 26, 2009 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  20. el jefe

Rush is such a boring typical polemicist. Always blabbing about what he thinks is wrong... What exactly are his ideas to help the economy, environment, terror etc.? Oh, wait, he doesn't have any. His only skill is being pseudo-controversial and partially entertaining at both of which he isn't very good. Yeah, he has an audience (it ain't 20 million) of idiots who enjoy lazy thinking and resistance to change. If they keep this up there won't be a Republican party in 20 years.

January 26, 2009 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  21. On The Fence

Mr. Limbaugh is a sad pathetic man who makes a living coming up with wild and provocative comments and lies based on false arguments and information. It is sad that he can con so many people into believing he actually has any substance or merit to his point of view. He is the modern day equivalent of a snake oil salesman. It is also comical to watch how he and Drudge feed off each other and the same distortions. The only thing positive I have to say about him is that he is a master at creating media controversy about nothing.

January 26, 2009 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  22. EPA

Uhhhhh! He is scared.....Uhhhhh. Give me a freaking break. Lame

January 26, 2009 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  23. sacredh

I think Obama is "scared" of Rush like the average person is scared of picking up something from a public toilet when the paper covers dispenser is empty. You have to go but there's no other option. Rush is frightening in that way.

January 26, 2009 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  24. David Newport, OR

no Rush...you are inconsequential.

January 26, 2009 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  25. Outspoken

Anyone who loves America is also hoping that Obama fails……….that is, fails in doing the many insane, harmful, and stupid proposals he has made while running for president. (If someone was trying to burn down your house, wouldn't you also hope that they fail?)

January 26, 2009 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114