[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/01/29/art.split.gi.jpg caption=" Limbaugh is proposing his own stimulus plan."](CNN) - An Obama-Limbaugh stimulus plan?
Limbaugh, who has sharply rebuked the president's more than $800 billion stimulus plan and admonished congressional Republicans for not doing more to stop it, says Obama should make a "genuine compromise" with Republicans wary the bill doesn't include enough taxes and calls for too much government spending.
Instead, Limbaugh proposes that 54 percent - about the percentage of the vote Obama won in the presidential election - of the stimulus bill go to the infrastructure spending the Democrats are proposing while the remaining 46 percent go to the tax cuts pushed by Republicans.
“In this new era of responsibility, let's use elements of both the Keynesians and the supply-siders to responsibly determine which theory best stimulates our economy - and if elements of both work, so much the better,” Limbaugh told listeners Monday. “...The American people are made up of Republicans, Democrats, independents, moderates, whatever they want to call themselves, but our economy doesn't know the difference. Our economy should not be focused on whether or not one party gets reelected. This is about jobs now.”
The stimulus measure passed by the House Thursday night includes $275 billion in tax cuts to individuals and businesses, far less than what Republicans had wanted. No Republican representative ultimately voted for the bill.
The Senate version of the stimulus bill - being debated Thursday - is expected to be more bipartisan in nature.