March 17th, 2009

'Kiss my fat ass,' says Meghan McCain

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/03/16/art.getty.meghan.mccain.jpg caption=" Last week, Laura Ingraham mocked Meghan McCain on her radio show after the daughter of former GOP presidential nominee John McCain urged Republicans to seek compromise with Democrats."](CNN) – John McCain’s daughter Meghan has a message for conservative talk-show host Laura Ingraham: “Kiss my fat ass.”

Last week, Ingraham mocked McCain on her radio show after the daughter of former GOP presidential nominee John McCain urged Republicans to seek compromise with Democrats. Ingraham called McCain “a Valley Girl gone awry” and a “plus-sized model.”

McCain, who writes about politics and her personal life for The Daily Beast, went on The View on Monday to fight back.

“What do young women think when I speak my mind about politics and I want to have a political discussion about the ideological future of the Republican Party, and the answer is, ‘She’s fat, she shouldn’t have an opinion.’ What kind of message are we sending young women?” she asked.

“It infuriates me,” she said. “I’m a political writer on a blog, and all of a sudden I’m too fat to write?”

The View’s conservative co-host, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, called Ingraham’s remarks “a low blow.”

McCain said she felt like Tyra Banks when the model “went on her show in her bathing suit and said, ‘Kiss my fat ass.’”

“That’s what I feel right now,” McCain said. “I’m like, ‘Kiss my fat ass!’”

Ingraham quickly responded to McCain once again on her show, telling McCain that she needs to learn to deal with satire and “teasing.”

“Can I say ‘lighten up,’ or is that offensive too?” Ingraham asked.

Filed under: Meghan McCain • Popular Posts
  1. John

Hahahahaha

Oh I love her. That's awesome.

God I hope people like Meghan McCain are the heart and soul of the Republican party over the next few decades, it'd make the Republicans much more tolerable. They might actually get me voting Republican again.

March 16, 2009 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  2. Ron Ft. Myers

McCain is just trying to get publicity to make money. No different than her old man. If she didn't say anything negative about the repubs, who would care what she had to say.

March 16, 2009 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  3. Andi

You go, girl! I am really becoming a huge fan of Megan McCain's

March 16, 2009 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  4. Steph

I'm beginning to like this girl more every day.

March 16, 2009 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  5. Kimmy from NYC

We thought that the dad was a wak... now we see that the daughter is a bigger wak!

March 16, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  6. Viv

Im not of McCain's but even I believe that Laura was out of line and petty.

March 16, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  7. Lilli

I'm with Megan on this one......

March 16, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  8. Steve

Ms. McCain wasn't been teased. She was been attacked. The good news is that Ms. McCain is bright and pragmatic, and knows how to deal with people like Ms. Ingraham. Tomorrow, Ms. McCain may lose weight. Tomorrow, Ms Ingraham will still be a self-centered, low brow idiot (how's THAT for teasing?)

March 16, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  9. ines

"How the Republican Party Turns" – Every day is like a season finale, soap opera style.

March 16, 2009 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  10. prettyblkgyrl

Laura is definitely trying to get her name out into the mainstream. I think it's sad that she found it necessary to resort to such a grade school level. I think Megan's response was phenomenal & I can't wait to see where her career goes from here.

March 16, 2009 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  11. Sniffit

MEOW!!!!

March 16, 2009 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  12. Jon in CA

Good lord, CNN. Really?? Britol Palin and Meghan McCain??

Is THIS the hard-hitting news of CNN or a new Celebrity Gossip News Rag??

Obviously the latter!!

March 16, 2009 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  13. TjayeInLA

LMAO!! This girl is John McCain's daughter for sure. And she is the part of him that I actually like. Real and no bs for show!

Go 'head Meghan!

March 16, 2009 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  14. Judy

Ha! Good for Megan McCain!

March 16, 2009 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  15. Andy J, Upstate NY

DIVERSION.

THIS IS NOT NEWS.

THIS IS CRAP.

March 16, 2009 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  16. Dean

For a republican I like this girl she has more backbone then Mr. Steele

March 16, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  17. Jayden,FL

Ingraham is an idiot and I think Meghan McCain is an undercover Democrat!

March 16, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  18. Keith

Ingraham needs to grow up.

March 16, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  19. Noah

Meghan McCain- if you are going to place yourself into the political arena in any way, even as a lowly blogger, be prepared to get the kitchen sink thrown at you. You are nothing more than a Barack Obama apologist; a wolf in sheep's clothing. You are more liberal than your father, and that is saying ALOT. Nobody cares about you.

March 16, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  20. Carmen

I am not a republican in any way shape of form but i have to say i like Meghan. She has spunk.

March 16, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  21. I'm just sayin'...

LOL!!! Maybe there is hope for the Republican party... I'm a life long looney lefty, but I dig THIS McCain. Hilarious and truly the "straight talk" we never got from her dad... I'm listening.

And btw to Laura Ingrham... You can say "lighten up" or whatever you'd like. Just keep opening that ridiculous yap of yours and dig your own publicity grave. You're outmatched by that "valley girl gone awry".

March 16, 2009 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  22. Kevin

I wasn't a fan of the RNC at all, but if they keep getting normal non bible crayying people like Megan McCain I might be convenced that they are not all crazy.

March 16, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  23. POLITRICKS

Jerry....Jerrry.....Jerry....Jerry!!!!

March 16, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  24. RB, Sonoma County, CA

Laura Ingraham has already proven herself, over and over, to be a complete idiot – with nothing but fat for brains. You go Meghan! You're twice the human being she could ever hope to be.

March 16, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  25. Michael M, Phoenix AZ

Go gettum Meghan! Laura Ingraham and all the other so-called "conservative" talk show people all of a "sudden" don't like what Meghan has to say? What a bunch of "flip-floppers" they are now.

March 16, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |