March 27th, 2009
  1. Mississippi Mike

If the State of the Union address follows Obama's recent dialog I'll give you an executive summary: Republicans created this mess, it's really hard to fix, give me lots of time and expect us to spend lots of money.

March 27, 2009 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  2. judy Rance

Hate to say it, there are too many policemen (peacemakers, as they were once called) that let their job go to their head. My nephew is a peacemaker and I know that he would have had the common sense to know that the man had his emergency lights on and did turn right into a, guess what? HOSPITAL! I am a white woman and I think that policeman is a preggi!

March 27, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  3. John Rosing

The bogus GOP claim that “OBAMA spending is unprecedented” belies the facts.

It is out of historical context and a disingenuous political statement. Since 1981 there have been one Democratic and three Republican administrations while our nation has both prospered and later fallen apart.

During that time our National Debt increased from $0.96 to $10.70 Trillion, while the ratio of DEBT to GDP increased from 31% to 75%; our grand children’s legacy. $8.19 Trillion of that was the result of Republican administrations of Ronald Reagan, G.H.W. Bush and G.W. Bush, while only $1.54 Trillion was attributed to Bill Clinton’s Democratic administrations.

Ronald Reagan TRIPLED the debt from $0.96 to $2.74 Trillion, and George W. Bush DOUBLED IT AGAIN from $5.77 to $10.70 Trillion. These historical facts show that the Republican policies of “DON’T TAX AND SPEND” are consistently fiscally IRRESPONSIBLE. By contrast the Democratic “TAX AND SPEND” policies promote our nation’s welfare.

Furthermore the Media is editorially delinquent in their duties to repeat the GOP claims of Democratic “unprecedented spending” while ignoring the historical facts. (My information was taken from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, updated as of 3/23/2009.)

March 27, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  4. marcus

i'm sorry to say, john king is a lousy host of State of the Union. if all he's going to do is allow people like cheney a soapbox for perpetuating their lies, why have a host ? just make it an hour-long infomercial of cheney's lies. john, grow some cajones, and call your guests to the carpet. that's what made tim russert so good at his job.

March 27, 2009 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  5. Darla (Edmonton, Canada)

I watched CNN's State of the Union until John King's interview with former Vice President Cheney. John King's interview Mr. Cheney was soft and lacked of substantive follow-up questions. This convinced me that the purpose of "State of the Union" is to provide Mr. King with a bully pulpit for his personal politics. I have found better things to do and view on Sunday morning.

March 27, 2009 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  6. Debbie

John King married Dana Bash in 2007. Dana bash has been Bashing Democrats and reporting on behalf of republicans all along.

These two are not hiding where they stand but I would rather have reporters than News makers!

March 27, 2009 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  7. Lee in TN

John King needs to hand this program over to someone that is impartial and has enough backbone to ask the tough questions of the republican leaders he interviews. Watching this program is like watching Rush Limbaugh interview Karl Rove.

March 27, 2009 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  8. Dan

I used to think this Program will replace meet the Press.
    I just hope it get cancelled soon. doesn't represent what I thought. It is really Professionally slanted!

March 27, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  9. hello

He is President of USA and Not 'THIS GUY'

March 27, 2009 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  10. white independent

ahem, this program is way too slanted in repubs favor to even keep existing....

March 27, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  11. Simmy

John King and Dana Bash are made for each other. They are both biased in their reportings. Anderson Cooper used to appear a little more savvy before President Obama came on the scene. Now he's showing his true colors. John King, like Limbaugh, has an audience that hates the president, so they will never have to worry about ratings. That's the sad state of the Union. Thank God for Keith and Rachel. Those two trump the lot of CNN and Fox combined. Props to Roland Martin and Donna Brazille, who tell it like it is. Might not get published, but it's still true.

March 27, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  12. Truth Hurts

Don't like john king address the president as President Obama not barack or obama havent yet heard it from this guy. Then theres the obsession with African Americans supporting obama when you've got whites, asians, hispanics a very large population and others also heavily supporting obama. The more he speaks the more you can tell that he prob. is not too fond of the president and im starting to believe that he's not too fond of blacks either.

March 27, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  13. Chris from NY

John King and a lot of other CNN pundits has never been on Obama's side. They have all been critical of him . I don't know why there's so much hatred for this President in the media. Bush and the Republicans squandered the wealth of this country in 8 years and expect a black man to come and clean it up in three months. Even for a black man with a magic medicine Obama is not America's most genrous genitor. Give him time and he will be.

March 27, 2009 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  14. Pepou

I don't watch Meet the Press since King is hosting it. It is really boring.

March 27, 2009 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  15. Mel

Two words... "biased reporting". He should be ashamed.

March 27, 2009 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  16. Geo. in Az.

I agree with Lee in TN. I was a big fan of John King until he started to host this program. After seeing him in action, I will never again watch him or believe what comes out of his biased mouth. I guess outside of the Magic Wall he really does not have the talent that I thought he had. Please don't mention his name in the same sentence with Tim Russert!!

March 27, 2009 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  17. kyle

Media use announcement of new Afghanistan strategy to revive "Obama's war" label

Summary: Since President Obama's announcement of a new strategy in Afghanistan, the media have revived the label "Obama's war," despite Obama's having inherited the 7-year-old conflict.

March 27, 2009 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  18. MK

John Rosing you rock!

March 28, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  19. vicki

John King, You CAN"T get even close to Tim Russet's reporting. You better study Tim's reporting. This is NOT a State of Union. Its a REPUBLICAN State of Union. Biased.

March 28, 2009 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  20. vicki

I very agree with an earlier comment: John King is interviewing Republicans like Rush Limaugh would interview Karl Rove.

March 28, 2009 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  21. Jim Walling

It might be of some interest that the Constitution, Article I, Section 8 and the 16th Amendment provide that the Congress appropriate the money and the President does the spending allowed by Congress.

March 28, 2009 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |