October 14th, 2009

Will George W. Bush join Twitter?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/14/art.bizstonebush.jpg caption= " George W. Bush meets with Twitter co-founder Biz Stone."]WASHINGTON (CNN) - After leaving the White House last year, George W. Bush has kept a low profile. He moved back to Texas and began writing his memoir. But on Tuesday, Twitter co-founder Biz Stone met with the former president. Bush said he just got a new BlackBerry. Stone, tweeting about his meeting, wondered if Bush will begin tweeting.

Someone has claimed the Twitter name @GeorgeWBush and added a photo, although there is currently no way to verify who is behind the account.

Filed under: George W. Bush • Social Media • Twitter
  1. Joe in PA

tweet this george

October 14, 2009 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  2. Aviate

I don't know–posting coherent statements of 140 characters might be a bit too much for W.

October 14, 2009 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  3. Mississippi Miss

President Bush, we miss you. We had no idea it would be this bad, so soon after you left office. Wish you great success with your memoirs, can't wait to read it. I wan't to hear about how you didn't get so defensive and rail out against those who disagree with you. If you hurry and write the book, President Obama could gain some much needed advice on how you coped, as you were hated and villified by some in the media. President Obama seems unable to maintain 'who he is'. Meaning, that while opposed to same sex marriage, he lends his praise and endorses contra family values. Understanding is admirable, respect is job one, but endorsement is hypocritical at best.
    You were wrong many times and human as we all are, but you were true to yourself. If President Obama would just do that one thing, he
    would be a better leader, but I still don't know who he is and I am not sure that he knows either. He is still being edited at press time.

October 14, 2009 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  4. LacrosseMom

How funny! Oh please Dubya..... we had enough of you, for EIGHT years!

October 14, 2009 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  5. Jeff in Houston

Its just about his mentality. Personally, i don't understand the craze, but as long as he does not try to use any big words, he should be ok.

October 14, 2009 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  6. Kathy

God bless you Pres. Bush. In time people will realize what they've done to this country by putting this clown in office.

October 14, 2009 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  7. rondell

i think he will...
    Trinidad and Tobago

October 14, 2009 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  8. rob

why ? and that's scary . If he's going there , everyone else should leave. Just means its for the crazies now.

October 14, 2009 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  9. diridi

only idiots will tweet to this...guy...

October 14, 2009 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  10. Mississippi Miss

I used to think people who were villifying President Bush, were not patriotic. Boy, have I learned my lesson. Now I understand how that can happen. I beat myself up because I cannot be loyal to this President, because of who he surrounds himself with, and because he is on the wrong side of loving those unborn babies. I am still trying to find one good thing, that I can admire about the man's actions, his
    positions and character. I do not care about his dreams, but I do not
    wish any nightmares for him either. I just remembered something that I like about the President, he is a loving father, and therefore knows a lot about gratitude. They are his gifts, and In his capacity to treasure them, he must also admire their creator.

October 14, 2009 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  11. ANGIE IN PA

So he does know how to read and write?

October 14, 2009 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  12. Bush_Low_I.Q.

No No Please No ---------------–
    Don't Give Bush the Idiot a Twitter. For God Sake No. This is what he is going to Tweet:
    1. Lying about WMDs of Iraq.
    2. Oil Oil Oil Greed for Oil.
    3. War War just War. No peace or diplomacy.
    4. Put our Troops on Harmsway.
    Let Bush Rest in Peace. Let him be Silent. He is no longer the President. We don't want to hear this Clown.

October 14, 2009 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  13. ANGIE IN PA

he should tweet an APOLOGY To the Citizens of this country for his disasters as well as to the Troops Families that have lost loved ones in his Lying Iraq war!

October 14, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  14. Bob in Pa

I must be twitterpated !
    I'm still trying to figure out what twitter is good for.

October 14, 2009 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  15. MSH, Miami, FL

A twit on Twitter....what could be more natural?

October 14, 2009 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  16. Chas

I thought he was already a member. He "twitted" away 8 years in the White House and did nothing else but twitter away our tax dollars, our credibility in the world, the safety of our military, the victims of Katrinia, etc., etc., etc.! Add Cheney, Rumsfeld and the rest of the gang, too,

October 14, 2009 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  17. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Naw. Don't do it Georgie. Stay in your nebulous-haze out in the back 40 of your ranch. Don't start no mess, won't be no mess. You dig?

October 14, 2009 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  18. felicia

Oh my goodness, i HOPE not

October 14, 2009 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  19. mark

God bless President George W. Bush! America is being destroyed without you.

October 14, 2009 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  20. George Guadiane - Austerlitz, NY

HEY, if Twitter is good for Sarah P., it should be GREAT for George W.

I have not ever tweeted, and because of people like this, I WILL NOT TWEET!

October 14, 2009 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  21. Brian0901

That is great. I bet he will enjoy the "internets".

October 14, 2009 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  22. Bill

Obama is a twit...

October 14, 2009 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  23. Ambrose Smith, Borrego Springs, California

Bush is perfectly happy to lay low and let Cheney do his dirty work. In other words, BUSINESS AS USUAL.

Bush was just a puppet.

October 14, 2009 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  24. Reformed Republican

Bushie is such a moron...If he spells on tweets like he talks he will be even more unintelligable!

Tell ya what Dubya, sit down, shut up and stay on the ranch clearing brush, that's all you've ever been good for...

October 14, 2009 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  25. HUM!!!

George W. Bush can't spell Twitter !!!!!!

October 14, 2009 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |