October 19th, 2009
  1. Nick - Arlington, VA

Oh noooos!!! indoctrination!! lol....he's telling them to read and work hard!! quick!! Get Sarah Palin to write a scathing retort on Facebook. lol

October 19, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  2. Doug, New Jersey

Obama's real favorite books:

Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky
    The Communist Manefesto by Karl Marx

I for one hope that he doesn't enjoy the novel of another national Socialist, although the songs praising him that Obama has school children singing is awfully familar to the songs sung by another youth group. I were a nun who taught school children, I would have an awfully hard time sleeping at night, if you pay attention to history.

October 19, 2009 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  3. Pee Wee

I really don't like the way this guy's policy decisions are heading. I don't like the number of Mao fans among his close associates and really dislike his singling out voices of opposition.

That being said, he seems to be good with kids and apparently is a pretty good father. I think he would be fun to hang out and have a beer with or a decent guy to have as a neighbor.

But, as president, he makes me uncomfortable. I don't really think he's the mastermind behind all that is going on, I believe he's the front-man for something much more nefarious. His demeanor and the way his policies are heading don't seem to match.

Anyone else get that feeling?

October 19, 2009 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  4. katiec

How refreshing that our President takes the time to and is able to influcence our children on education. He very much interested and involved in the betterment of our education system and realizes
    how important it is for everyone to get involved.

October 19, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  5. Island girl

Although, as the saying goes, "Reading maketh man and knowledge and full man" I think the story worth beaming today is this one which has graced the worldwide web:

"Iraqi Shoe Thrower Gets Hero's Welcome in Geneva" thanks to the Associated Press who I give the PIDDLY NEWS AWARD of the day.

October 19, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  6. Dex Houston TX

Oh No, Barack Obama is talking to our children...run children, run don't listen to his talk of PEACE, HOPE and LOVE for all mankind...

Now all of the Republicans will burn all books written by Maurice Sendak and declare a ban on the movie "Where the Wild Things Are"

October 19, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  7. Seriously, Left

One book not on his favorites list....."The U.S. Constitution"

October 19, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  8. Steve in Denver

From the article: "President Obama tells kids at Viers Mill Elementary about some of his favorite books and encourages them to keep reading."

As long as it is not "My Pet Goat" after being told "Country under attack!"

October 19, 2009 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  9. Henry Miller, Libertarian, Cary, North Carolina

I guess it makes sense Obama liked the Harry Potter books–he very much believes in magic.

I mean, how else can you explain his apparent belief that you can provide health care for millions more people with no increase in the number of doctors, no reduction in the quality of health care for the rest of us, no increases in taxes, and no increase in the national debt or deficit? It's got to be magic.

October 19, 2009 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  10. T. K.

WHAT__-no outcry??? He is really talking to school children about books and reading!! What in the world happen to the gop?? How did they let this happen!! See–the world didnot come to an end> It's ok for him to talk to children–even white children.

October 19, 2009 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  11. seebofubar

Did he include in his favorite list;

Stalinism for Dummies.
    Destroying a country in 3 easy steps.
    The art of speaking in forked tongue.
    Talking about change while stealing dollars
    Lie, cheat and steal your way to the top

October 19, 2009 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  12. Fair is Fair

I'm sure "Rules for Radicals" and "The Communist Manifesto" are high on the list.

October 19, 2009 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  13. Randolph Carter, I'm no literary criric but...

I betcha Obama doesn't read pseudointellectual sociopathic drivel like Ayn Rand. Have a nice day!

October 19, 2009 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  14. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Dang!! Down the street from me and I was stuck at work! Oh well. I'm glad you were made to feel welcomed Mr. President. I'm sure the children will remember your visit for a long time to come. And I'm doubly glad that you did'nt sit down and read "My Pet Goat" to them!

October 19, 2009 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  15. Enough

Presidency for Dummies?

October 19, 2009 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  16. Idiot_Pelosi

Does OBUMMER know how to read anything other than a Tele-Prompter?

October 19, 2009 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  17. PC

i am so proud of our smart president. now watch the nasty jerks want to critisize what the president said today to the 'children". this president keeps a smile on his face and shows such energy with the right kicking him at every turn. he is amazing!

October 19, 2009 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  18. phoenix86

Don't believe that "The Road to Serfdom" will be found as one of the books Obama has ever read.

October 19, 2009 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  19. Debby

I wonder if one of them is My Pet Goat. LOL

October 19, 2009 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  20. mjm

You mean "Rules for Radicals"?

Why is this guy hanging out in so many schools? You'd think he had more important things to do.

October 19, 2009 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  21. Oy Vey

Obama's books are full of words .... Bush's books are full of illustrated pictures ... THE END

October 19, 2009 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  22. Linda from Minnesota

I love my president.

October 19, 2009 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  23. Mark

Ruuuuuuunnnnnnnnn, kids, run! You are being indoctrinated!!! You are being brain-washed into socialism! Run! Get out! Don't listen to him! Do not read! Do not stay in school! Do not work hard! Do set goals! Run! Run! Seriously, I can't wait to hear what the party of NO says about this visit.

October 19, 2009 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  24. Obama WORST president EVER

Obama should read a book on how to be President...can someone get him one?

October 19, 2009 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |