[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/23/art.hoffman.cnn.jpg caption="Hoffman aides are closely watching a count of absentee ballots Tuesday."](CNN) - The battle for NY-23 is over. The battle for NY-23 has just begun.
After conceding the congressional race to Democrat Bill Owens for the second time in the district’s special congressional election, Doug Hoffman has announced the launch of his 2010 campaign for the seat.
“So where to now? Full speed ahead to 2010,” the 2009 Conservative Party nominee told supporters in a message posted on his campaign’s Web site. “Although I’m conceding an election today, I do it with the certainty that we will win back this seat a year from now.”
His team’s 2009 campaign experience “will make us stronger and more competitive in the future,” said Hoffman. “Next time we will be better prepared.”
Hoffman – whose insurgent campaign helped drive Republican Dede Scozzafava from the race – had rescinded his concession last week amid new vote counts that showed a narrowing vote gap between himself and Owens, and allegations that software problems in some voting machines and other vote counting issues could have affected the outcome of the race.