April 7th, 2010

Fey likely to revive Palin impersonation

Tina Fey is likely to bring back her Sarah Palin impersonation.

Tina Fey is likely to bring back her Sarah Palin impersonation.

(CNN) - Writers for Saturday Night Live likely completed a sketch featuring Tina Fey's infamous impersonation of Sarah Palin Tuesday, Fey told NBC's the Today Show.

Fey, a onetime cast member of the late night comedy program who is set to serve as its host this weekend, said she hasn't seen the sketch yet but will do an initial run through of it Wednesday.

"I am going to read through later today and see what's up. They wrote last night," Fey said. "I am sure we will try something."

Fey, whose impersonations of Palin in 2008 were widely-credited with shaping perceptions of the then-Republican vice presidential nominee, told the U.K. paper The Telegraph earlier this week she hasn't been keeping up with Palin's latest moves.

"I haven't been watching her on television lately because I've been working on '30 Rock,'" she said.

While Fey's impersonation of Palin won wide praise, the comedienne indicated back in 2008 it's not a character she is keen on reviving.

"I want to be done playing this lady Nov. 5," she said in reference to Election Day, 2008. "So if anybody can help me be done playing this lady Nov. 5, that would be good for me."

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin • Tina Fey
  1. Not Blue, Not Red, but Purple

Why. She proved she can do this. Try someone else. Why not Nancy P?

April 7, 2010 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  2. David Johnston

Enough. Even if its not the real thing. Enough.

April 7, 2010 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  3. Mr Manhattan

Sometimes i get a panic attack when I see and hear how scary the right wing whacko hate-triots are whenever they scream & whine after swallowing the FIXed NEWS and Drugs Windbaugh Kool-Aid hook line & sinker yet again. Then I'll change the channel to Jon Stewart or SNL for their political satire of which Feys characterizations of Palin is dead on. Then i realize these shows are popular for a reason: there are still intelligent people in the US electorate and therefore their is HOPE so the panic attack goes away as I laugh harder & harder at these right wing nincompoops. Where once i would get mad at these whackos now I am merely amused.

April 7, 2010 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  4. man

She is hot

April 7, 2010 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  5. Kari

Where to begin? The McCain rally where Palin wore the black leather jacket, I hope.

April 7, 2010 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  6. phoenix86

Fey and SNL are pathetic. Rather than joke about this failed president, they re-hash a skit from 2 years ago.

I miss Chevy Chase, Belusi and Ackaroid; when SNL was actually funny and not politically partisan.

April 7, 2010 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  7. Carl Justus

She does a great Palin and even does it better than Palin.

April 7, 2010 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  8. Independent

Hope Fey does it again–comedic gold.
    Love it!

April 7, 2010 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  9. Thomas Joel

I hope she wears the leathers like Palin wore at the recent McCain rally.

April 7, 2010 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  10. Fed Up

Tina who?

April 7, 2010 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  11. RON

Tina Fey is going to have to lower her I. Q. if she is going to impersonate Palin.

April 7, 2010 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  12. Dano

This is just too easy for the SNL writers. Sarah does and says so many stupid things that the jokes practically write themselves. Hell just having Tina say exactly what Sarah says will bring many laughs!

April 7, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  13. Dfitz

Fey was a "one-time cast member" of SNL? She was head writer, for goodness' sake. Give her the credit she's due.

April 7, 2010 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  14. FM

It was funny and entertaining that time when Fey impersonated Palin in 2008. I do not think this time it will be. How can words like "reload" come from Fey's mouth and becomes funny!!!!

April 7, 2010 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  15. sharon

If she watches the minnesota event with bachman,pawlenty and palin
    she should get even more material......"ya bettcha ya".

You go Tina............................

April 7, 2010 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  16. Son of Spock

This lady is a political assassin.

April 7, 2010 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  17. Steve (the real one)

Tina Fey is a very funny lady and does a great Palin impression! Too bad she and Amy Pohler are no longer on the show. SNL is not as funny anymore!

April 7, 2010 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  18. Terry - Indiana

I wish that Tina Fey would run for president, but then again, what a horrendous cut in pay. Never mind Tina! Love your work!!

April 7, 2010 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  19. Ray E. (Georgia)

OK, now why is that? It seems most that post on Sarah Palin only make vicious attacks on her so why is she still in the Spotlight? Because she makes good copy. What Democrat has that Chrisma?

April 7, 2010 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  20. AEK

As much as I love Tina's impersonation of Wasilla Barbie, I believe any activity that keeps this woman in public view is a disservice to our country.

April 7, 2010 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  21. Steve in Ct

I think it should be Palin's turn to play Fey.

April 7, 2010 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  22. AndyBlue

LOL, She is so good at impersonating the lipstick dipstick.

April 7, 2010 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  23. Anonymous

Pkm that is great you make sara look so pretty i love the way you talk sara is cute but she actslike a moron

April 7, 2010 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  24. Mark in Omaha

Unfortunately, Tina would have to have a lobotomy and mortgage her soul to truly get into character

April 7, 2010 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  25. LacrosseMom

LOVE YOU TINA! We will be watching!

April 7, 2010 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |