April 7th, 2010

Fey likely to revive Palin impersonation

Tina Fey is likely to bring back her Sarah Palin impersonation.

Tina Fey is likely to bring back her Sarah Palin impersonation.

(CNN) - Writers for Saturday Night Live likely completed a sketch featuring Tina Fey's infamous impersonation of Sarah Palin Tuesday, Fey told NBC's the Today Show.

Fey, a onetime cast member of the late night comedy program who is set to serve as its host this weekend, said she hasn't seen the sketch yet but will do an initial run through of it Wednesday.

"I am going to read through later today and see what's up. They wrote last night," Fey said. "I am sure we will try something."

Fey, whose impersonations of Palin in 2008 were widely-credited with shaping perceptions of the then-Republican vice presidential nominee, told the U.K. paper The Telegraph earlier this week she hasn't been keeping up with Palin's latest moves.

"I haven't been watching her on television lately because I've been working on '30 Rock,'" she said.

While Fey's impersonation of Palin won wide praise, the comedienne indicated back in 2008 it's not a character she is keen on reviving.

"I want to be done playing this lady Nov. 5," she said in reference to Election Day, 2008. "So if anybody can help me be done playing this lady Nov. 5, that would be good for me."

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin • Tina Fey
  1. FactCheck

I think it should be Palin's turn to play Fey.

-----

Palin would have to grow a brain and actually do something of substance to even approach what Tina Fey has done.

April 7, 2010 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  2. Brook

Awesome! Can't wait!

April 7, 2010 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  3. James Brooklyn N.Y.

As long as Palin keeps opening up her retarded mouth we will have SNL for ever.

April 7, 2010 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  4. Rick

SNL is becoming predictable....I agree why not do Nancy Pelosi the socialist instead...

April 7, 2010 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  5. Marilyn

Too bad so many people thought she really was Palin and that the scenarios in her sketches actually happened. When people believe fiction to be real, bad things happen - like Obama!

April 7, 2010 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  6. Anonymous

Pkm you have class sara does not sara is im love with george w burs

April 7, 2010 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  7. george from alaska

palin who?

April 7, 2010 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  8. Bill

Who's Tina Fey? What's SNL? Far as I'm concerned they're both just blasts from the past.

April 7, 2010 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  9. Ken in NC

Tina Fey is "Half Gov. Sarah Palin's" dream of what she would love to be and look like when she grows up. If Tina Fey ran for President and won, "Half Gov. Palin" could sit back like the Straw Man in the Wizard of Oz and think to herself, IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN.

April 7, 2010 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  10. j

CAN'T WAIT!

P.S. If Palin comes to my town, I'll just go to get my laugh on. The lady is a Joke

April 7, 2010 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  11. Amanda

As much as I want to see no more of Sarah Palin in the media because I truly believe she is an uneducated moron, Tina Fey reminding people of this fact might just help out the cause. Palin does not speak for me as a woman or a mother because I can put together a coherent sentence and completed advanced degrees and not try to become President on a bachelor's degree.

April 7, 2010 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  12. Jana

Tina is the BEST!!! Love it when she does Palin, She's got her stupidity down pat!

April 7, 2010 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  13. cnn = 100% democrat support all the time

when you have nothing else, go back to old reliable. this woman is a typical liberal bs comedian

April 7, 2010 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  14. vgal

The BEST part is that Palin and Michele Bauchman are appearing in Minneapolis together on Wed. Now if that isn't handing SNL a sketch on a silver platter....

April 7, 2010 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  15. David Dillon

I said it yesterday but I don't think they posted it – this subject is more comedic so they should - a human being is formed in the first 6-10 years of their life – mentally, intellectually, culturally, spiritually – and Gov. Palin grew up in a pre-fab house on an ice-berg with a view of Russia the most exciting thing in town other than a few bars with some ladies of the night available. Spare the world and give us a break, all we need is another vapid, mindless president to read teleprompter or HAND lines written by evil genuises of manipulation, that she does not even understand.

April 7, 2010 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  16. sam, LITTLETON.CO

Hey palin! HOW 'S THAT NOPY, DOPY THING WORKING FOR YOU ?

April 7, 2010 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  17. baby seal basher

I love Sarah,we have alot in common.

April 7, 2010 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  18. KC

Oh, by the way, for those conservatives her are "sick and tired" of Tina Fey... can you understand the degree to which the rest of the counrty is sick to death of Sarah Palin???
    You are so angry because Tina is right on target with her mockery of this moron. Why don't you move on and see if you can find someone else–someone with a brain.

April 7, 2010 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  19. jeff from chicago

I guess Palin will be thanking Fey all the way to the bank.

Who's the dumb one????

April 7, 2010 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  20. S Callahan

Glad to hear this...it's good to laugh....I think the writers should go out on a limb and include a skit with David Patterson having a fantasy of Palin popularity....now that would be really funny.

April 7, 2010 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  21. Shawn

Tina wrote: "Turns out that in the end Sarah Palin was a lot smarter than you......you're still doing impersonations while she's become a media giant earning millions along the way.....thanks for your help goofball...."
    ___________________

Sarah Palin is a worldwide laighing stock. Don't you get the joke yet? Oh yeah, I forgot. In Conservastan, being a total fool is a GOOD thing.

April 7, 2010 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  22. SocialismBad

Tina, isn't it sad the high point of your career is imitating somebody else?! Maybe it's time to get on with a real career?

April 7, 2010 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  23. Fitz In Texas

The more these liberals slam Palin.....the more I like Palin. Aw yes, the left is fearful of Sarah Palin. Now that's more entertaining than watching SNL!

April 7, 2010 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  24. William

Sarah Palin is a nobody who quit. Anybody who idolizes that little fact is beyond redemption.. Go Tina Fey; make us laugh about a person who, in real life, is not funny but is actually frighteningly stupid.

April 7, 2010 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  25. Ferret out the BS

Tina is better at impersonating Sara than Sarah is at being Sarah. Much better personality than the real person.

April 7, 2010 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |