April 7th, 2010

Fey likely to revive Palin impersonation

Tina Fey is likely to bring back her Sarah Palin impersonation.

Tina Fey is likely to bring back her Sarah Palin impersonation.

(CNN) - Writers for Saturday Night Live likely completed a sketch featuring Tina Fey's infamous impersonation of Sarah Palin Tuesday, Fey told NBC's the Today Show.

Fey, a onetime cast member of the late night comedy program who is set to serve as its host this weekend, said she hasn't seen the sketch yet but will do an initial run through of it Wednesday.

"I am going to read through later today and see what's up. They wrote last night," Fey said. "I am sure we will try something."

Fey, whose impersonations of Palin in 2008 were widely-credited with shaping perceptions of the then-Republican vice presidential nominee, told the U.K. paper The Telegraph earlier this week she hasn't been keeping up with Palin's latest moves.

"I haven't been watching her on television lately because I've been working on '30 Rock,'" she said.

While Fey's impersonation of Palin won wide praise, the comedienne indicated back in 2008 it's not a character she is keen on reviving.

"I want to be done playing this lady Nov. 5," she said in reference to Election Day, 2008. "So if anybody can help me be done playing this lady Nov. 5, that would be good for me."

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin • Tina Fey
  1. A Texan's view

Tina Fey rocks and there is no denying it. Palin is a money-hungry personality who puts herself before her family. She's a quitter who thrives on the lower intelligent breed who cannot think for themselves.

April 7, 2010 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  2. Walter, Long Beach

Can we just elect her President and skip the whole Palin drama?

April 7, 2010 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  3. Truth

Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin together on the same stage, Shannon Bell wonders:

"Is there enough duct tape in the entire state of Minnesota to keep liberal brains from simultaneously exploding?"

Over 10,000 expected to rock the place.

One more thing – Tina Fey is not that attractive. The American people are at a point where they are fed-up with the Tina Fey types of the world.

April 7, 2010 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  4. tinarocks

Tina Fey mocks a mockery of the democratic process.

April 7, 2010 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  5. It has begun-

Wow the DEMS must be running scared to try to tear Palin down again.

Or SNL is dying for ratings.

Or both!

April 7, 2010 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  6. Zach K

I knew Fey wouldn't quit doing the role. Unlike Palin who quits and pouts over people that can do their job. 😛

April 7, 2010 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  7. richp the poconos

Must be real career boost when your main claim to fame is to be able to mock someone. Anyone on SNL any good at doing Pelosi or Reid ?

April 7, 2010 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  8. Cole

Though anyone can do this exercise for candidates they support....Palin supporters should ask themselves "what is it that I like about this person?" If the answer does not include depth of intellect, grasp of issues, inate vision, wisdom, and humility, then please ask yourself again ...what are the characteristics I like in the this person? If the answers are closer to shared point of view, ideology, likability, and persona, then YOU are the reason we have an electoral college and a representative democracy, not mob rule. I have no problem with a conservative supporting a conservative, I do have a problem with a conservative(or a liberal) supporting a an idiot.

April 7, 2010 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  9. It has begun-

Yep the DEMS are worried about the Palin Factor come this Nov election. U think the DEMS would be defending their polcies or give us their vision besides tax & spend. Nope lets demonize Palin again.

What's worse is the morons here that elect's them!

April 7, 2010 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  10. Felly

Sarah Palin– I go find the answer and come back and give't to yah.

April 7, 2010 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  11. Sarah Palin Dance Party

If Palin had any guts at all she'd show up for SNL just like Janet Reno did with the hysterical 'Janet Reno Dance Party'.

Palin should not worry.... there is no competition........I laugh MUCH MORE when Palin opens her mouth than I do when Tina Fey does!
    Those tea-dance-party monologues were hysterical!!!!

April 7, 2010 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  12. Kimo

At this point Palin is a caricature of Palin so Fey is superfluous.

April 7, 2010 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  13. Ernestine

@ truth : that was 10,000 free tickets, what would you think the count would be if they were charging...give me $10,000 for the photo opt.

April 7, 2010 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  14. jody from Kentucky

I still say John McCain needs his "hiney" kicked all across America for inflicting this "twit" upon the American people. But since it happened–Go Tina-give it all you have got. We need to be reminded of just how pathetic this whole episode in American politics really was. I will never–ever understand how some people can be fooled by a pretty face and an empty brain.

April 7, 2010 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  15. Lindsay

Thank you, "Truth," for explaining to us all what the American people think. I'm sure they were all just asleep on election day when Obama won the popular and electoral votes.

April 7, 2010 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  16. It has begun-

I think it would be great that inspite of all her achievements, Tina Fey will only be know as someone who impersonated Sarah Palin.

Really Tina is that what u want? I thought you were better than that.

April 7, 2010 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  17. Really?

For all those who believe otherwise–the only people afraid of Sarah Palin are conservatives who think she might win their party's nomination.

April 7, 2010 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  18. anthony

So America is fed up with the Tina Fey types? Really? America is tired of Attractive women WITH BRAINS? What America do YOU Live in TRUTH? My money is on the actress/comedian who works in NY, not Alaska.

TINA FEY OWNS PALIN. Period.

April 7, 2010 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  19. Colo Indy

I don't think the bashing of Palin is because of fear...it's because we all know we can do better than her in a leader. The presidency is one of the most critical jobs in the world at this moment in time, it isn't a popularity contest, not a pageant, and not a personality expo. If it were, Palin and her gosh-gee-willikers cougar hotness would be the woman for the job.

I'm an independent with a host of beliefs embraced by the Repubs and the Dems. I don;t vote the party. Ever. Just the person. I ask that each party (and 3rd parties, too): find someone male or female, any race religion or creed, hot or not that is the most competent leader, policy maker and best represents the US domestically and abroad. I feel the same way about Palin as Obama, is this the BEST that we've got? C'mon America, we can do better than these two!

April 7, 2010 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  20. Mark

We cannot get enough of Palin...even the impersonators!!!

Sarah Palin rules!!!

April 7, 2010 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  21. Rickster

Just like the rapidly descending democrat party they just keep reaching into the same old tired bag of tricks but, please, somebody tell the empty-headed democrats that Tina Fey's act is just that....a comedy act. Every time Fey does the Palin bit democrats run around repeating what she said and insisting that Palin said it.

April 7, 2010 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  22. Rex Cramer

"lower intelligent breed". Does that include people who don't know the difference between nouns and adjectives?

April 7, 2010 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  23. Ken

I'm bringing a couple different signs to the Bachmann/Palin rally. One is titled "dumb and dumber" and the other says "Lipstick and the Dipstick." And one can always break out the "mean people suck" banner

April 7, 2010 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  24. Andy from NYC

Tina Fey hosting SNL, "you betcha" I'll be watching!

April 7, 2010 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  25. steve

Good, the clown (Sara Palin) needs to be made fun of and Tina does a great job.

April 7, 2010 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |