'I'm through,' Palin says
March 24th, 2011

'I'm through,' Palin says

(CNN) - Sarah Palin says she's done.

Done with whining about the media, that is.

In an appearance on Fox News, where she serves as a contributor, Palin shrugged off a recent sexual slur directed her way from comedian Bill Maher, saying, "I'm through whining about a liberal press that holds particularly conservative women to a different standard, because it doesn't do any good to whine about it."

"Nobody ever promised life was going to be fair," Palin continued in what appeared to be a departure from her usual pattern of forcefully responding to critics, especially those in the media. "And politics really isn't fair, the scrutiny, the double standards, and all that. I'm dealing with it I guess in a different way than others who want to bring more light to it and demand that Bill Maher apologize."

The comments come a day after the traditionally-liberal National Organization for Women issued a statement condemning Maher for directing the slur toward Palin, saying, "Cut the crap! Stop degrading women with whom you disagree and/or don't like by using female body terms or other gender-associated slurs."

But Palin made clear she is none too welcome of newfound support from NOW, an organization that has long been critical of Palin and her stances on issues like abortion.

"I need NOW's defense like a fish needs a bicycle," the former Alaska governor said.

But she also vowed to be an advocate for other conservative women who come under attack.

"When it comes to other women, when it comes to my daughters…when somebody says something that's not true, I am not going to retreat on that. I'll reload and tell them what I think about them," she said.

Meanwhile, Palin says the door remains open to a possible presidential run in 2012, though quickly tempered those comments by saying, "You don't need a title, you don't need an office to make a difference." Still, the Alaska Republican says she's tempted:

"I am tempted to because I am still wondering who is going to be out there with a servant's heart, willing to serve the American people for the right reason. Not for ego, not for special interests…I am waiting to see, who else is out there willing to do this."

The former vice presidential candidate also directed fire toward President Obama's recent dealings with the crisis in Libya, suggesting the president has not made his mission there clear.

"We better be in it to win it. 'Win it' means Qadhafi goes and America gets to get on out of there," she said.

"It's not America's role not to be out and about nation building and telling other countries how to live," Palin added.

The interview with FOX follows a two country trip abroad, during which she visited India and Israel.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Peter

Just please stfu and go away. The dumbing down of the US continues with this idiot Palin.

March 24, 2011 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  2. Tam

Aw, geeze. And I thought she was really through.

March 24, 2011 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  3. Not All Docs Play Golf

This woman should be an embarrassment tio the Republican party. The sad thing, for them, is that in their eyes, she's not.

March 24, 2011 09:23 am at 9:23 am |
  4. maine liberal

Bill Maher is the "press" like palin is a Reagan conservative

March 24, 2011 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  5. calamerica

I'm not as concerned with Mrs. Palin as I am with the people who believe her. I am greatly concern as a believer in Christian values how people will sell their souls to reap benefits. For their four and no more. God, I pray that you help those who can not help themselves because the Palin followers are not willing.

March 24, 2011 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  6. vegas gurl

life sure isn't fair...cnn keeps exposing us to palin and her nonsense

March 24, 2011 09:26 am at 9:26 am |
  7. Obama 2012

Oh, CNN you tease. I was really hoping the story was that Palin was through with politics because she realized NO ONE takes her seriously and was going to head back to Alaska for good. Oh well. One can dream.

March 24, 2011 09:26 am at 9:26 am |
  8. MrObjective

CNN, is Sarah Palin a politician??? Until the answer to that question is "Yes" please place all articles pertaining to her in the "Entertainment" section of this site. The "Political Ticker" should be reserved for political news articles only.

March 24, 2011 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  9. Randy, San Francisco

Palin can serve this country by just fading away into obscurity. We can do with a little less political drama.

March 24, 2011 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  10. Lisa

That headline made my morning! I usually refuse to give any traffic to a Sarah Palin story, as I'm still not sure why anyone cares what she has to say or what she is doing. But today, I thought maybe she finally called it quits! I was so excited, until I read it... That was mean CNN 🙁

March 24, 2011 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  11. bob

Look at how this arrogant stupid idoit Palin responds when her fellow women (who may not agree with her views) stand up for her"I (I need NOW's defense like a fish needs a bicycle," the former Alaska governor said). She sets the womens movemt baclK 100 years.................SIC her AGAIN BILL!

March 24, 2011 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  12. dee

I Can,t Wait until the "REAL MEDIA" gets to you Sarah. You had better go to the McCain Training Camp,before you get ask a "Simple history question? If I were you,I,d be Panic Stricken by now,because it,s coming,honey! Do something smart for a change,take your millions and go hunting! Really. Keep our wild life in "check" ????? Alaska needs you?

March 24, 2011 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  13. TIGER2

Can we have a one week moratorium on Palinisms? Enough already!

March 24, 2011 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  14. Madtown

"Done with whining about the media, that is."
    -----–

$arah Palin done whining. That would be nice, but it's also not going to happen. That's her method, to whine and criticize. She'll stop whining the day the media stops giving her a pulpit and platform.

March 24, 2011 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  15. Charlotte Flanary

"Not for ego, not for special interests..." Puhleez! Is there a bigger ego (maybe the Donald) or more self-promoting human out there?!

March 24, 2011 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  16. Boo-Yah

Drat! With your teaser headline, I was hoping S. Pain finally figured it out that the American people don't want her, never have and never will. ...But that was just naiive on my part as she will never change her narcissistic ways.

March 24, 2011 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  17. Darlene

I was so disappointed, I thought the headline meant "through" as in finished in politics, in the public arena.

I find it hard to believe that she will not whine about the media, what/who will she use as an excuse for her blunders from now on out???

March 24, 2011 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  18. mike

Palin is treated unfairly by the media on a daily basis. It's disgusting.

March 24, 2011 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  19. Jimm

Darn, I thought she was going to just shut up period.

March 24, 2011 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  20. skeeterandbucky

Your gender is NOT the issue. We just want smart candidates!

March 24, 2011 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  21. once upon a horse

nice misleading stinger there CNN...when I first saw it I got excited and said FINALLY we are FREE AT LAST of this horror!

March 24, 2011 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  22. Jon

Or maybe it's because it's not true. The media has nothing against conservative women in particular, just you.

March 24, 2011 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  23. livin the good life

Too bad the headline is deceiving just to "hook" people into clicking on it.

March 24, 2011 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  24. GaySocialistMuslimForBigGovernment

Was that last double negative intentional?

March 24, 2011 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  25. rick

Isn't this the attitude that got us into trouble in the first place. I'm pretty certain it isn't our place to tell people how to live their lives! That statement sent shivers down my spine and my wallet. Hey Sarah, you can pay the bill for that idea. Than we'll see how fast you are to pull the trigger.

March 24, 2011 09:32 am at 9:32 am |