'I'm through,' Palin says
March 24th, 2011

'I'm through,' Palin says

(CNN) - Sarah Palin says she's done.

Done with whining about the media, that is.

In an appearance on Fox News, where she serves as a contributor, Palin shrugged off a recent sexual slur directed her way from comedian Bill Maher, saying, "I'm through whining about a liberal press that holds particularly conservative women to a different standard, because it doesn't do any good to whine about it."

"Nobody ever promised life was going to be fair," Palin continued in what appeared to be a departure from her usual pattern of forcefully responding to critics, especially those in the media. "And politics really isn't fair, the scrutiny, the double standards, and all that. I'm dealing with it I guess in a different way than others who want to bring more light to it and demand that Bill Maher apologize."

The comments come a day after the traditionally-liberal National Organization for Women issued a statement condemning Maher for directing the slur toward Palin, saying, "Cut the crap! Stop degrading women with whom you disagree and/or don't like by using female body terms or other gender-associated slurs."

But Palin made clear she is none too welcome of newfound support from NOW, an organization that has long been critical of Palin and her stances on issues like abortion.

"I need NOW's defense like a fish needs a bicycle," the former Alaska governor said.

But she also vowed to be an advocate for other conservative women who come under attack.

"When it comes to other women, when it comes to my daughters…when somebody says something that's not true, I am not going to retreat on that. I'll reload and tell them what I think about them," she said.

Meanwhile, Palin says the door remains open to a possible presidential run in 2012, though quickly tempered those comments by saying, "You don't need a title, you don't need an office to make a difference." Still, the Alaska Republican says she's tempted:

"I am tempted to because I am still wondering who is going to be out there with a servant's heart, willing to serve the American people for the right reason. Not for ego, not for special interests…I am waiting to see, who else is out there willing to do this."

The former vice presidential candidate also directed fire toward President Obama's recent dealings with the crisis in Libya, suggesting the president has not made his mission there clear.

"We better be in it to win it. 'Win it' means Qadhafi goes and America gets to get on out of there," she said.

"It's not America's role not to be out and about nation building and telling other countries how to live," Palin added.

The interview with FOX follows a two country trip abroad, during which she visited India and Israel.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. bravado in boston

"...I am not going to retreat on that. I'll reload and tell them what I think about them," she said. has it been THAT LONG since the shooting in Arizona? How quickly Ms. Palin forgets about why she was bombasted after the last incident taking life and maming others.

tsk tsk...shame on your Ms. Palin. Shame!

March 24, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  2. big~tuna

what a bs deceptive lead in title by CNN infotainment ~ I thought she was quitting the world

March 24, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  3. Michael

YEAH RIGHT. Nobody believes that. She is just in for her own wealth and nothing else.

March 24, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  4. jerseylou

YEPPER....Is there a Neuro-surgeon in the house ? This Maniac has definitely flew over the Cuckoo's Nest . On one she's going to be nicey,nicey and on the other she's talking about reloading.

March 24, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  5. Tom Weidermeijer

A. Bill Maher is NOT the media.

B. Stop whining about EVERYTHING.

C. So, what did Bill say?

March 24, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  6. Liz the First

Oh, darn! i thought you were going to tell us she's through being a national embarassment and that she's going home to wasilla to be a mom to a child who needs her far more than we do. thought she was through spouting stupid nonsense on subjects she knows nothing about. through with badmouthing every single thing our president does even though she has no concept of how to do the toughest job in the world. no such luck.

March 24, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  7. Debbie

Tricked me, darn:)

March 24, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  8. Doug

Maher is not a liberal. Maybe to Palin, but to a liberal he's small minded conservative who think he's smart just because he can see how stupid the Tea Party is. Just makes he not dumb, not liberal.

March 24, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  9. clarke

So she is going to tone it down and wait and see who else runs for President. Not that it makes a difference to me, because I won't vote for her. She just doesn't have what it takes to be President of the United States.

March 24, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  10. Ray

from the headline IM THROUGH...I said thank you Sarah you finally got out of politics...you really lack what it takes.....

March 24, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  11. linda mash

Noboby is asking this moronic woman to act on our behalf. Go away Sarah. You are not Presidental material. We are embarassed by your stupid statements. Hell, you weren't smart enough to finish your term as Governor. You need to go back to Alaska and be a Mom and a wife. At least there's something that you can't run away from. Or can you? Try to keep your mouth shut, your ears open.So often you give opinions on things of which you know nothing.

March 24, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  12. Jeremy

Someone should tell Palin that Bill Maher is a comedian, not a member of the press.

March 24, 2011 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  13. Howard

""I am tempted to because I am still wondering who is going to be out there with a servant's heart,"

C'mon, Sarah. A real public servant doesn't quit when the pressure is on. A real public servant steps up to the plate regardless of political party. You want a REAL public servant to emulate? How about Robert Gates, Jr.? You had your chance, and you bugged out out on the people of Alaska. The pressures of the Presidency are far greater than the pressures of being the Governor of Alaska. If you couldn't handle the latter, how will handle the former?

March 24, 2011 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  14. David

Palin thinks she has a servant's heart? Hahahahaha. The only thing she serves is her own bank account and the almighty dollar. I look forward to her running for Prez. Bachmann, too. And Trump. They'll be a great advertisement for how out of touch and psychotic the GOP has become.

March 24, 2011 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  15. Sammy Z

So is anyone going to tell me what "sexual slur" Bill Maher actually said?

I was watching his show and aparently I didn't catch the "slur."

March 24, 2011 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  16. TTBALA

Woman, would you just shut your stupid trap, you were the first one to criticize Obama for doing nothing, and now when some people say he is not clear, you have to mimic them just to find a fault and make yourself look ridicules, say youknow why the media attacks conservitive woman, because like yourself, backman, culter, and others have a stupidly nasty mounths that spills only hate and venom, so just shut up and get lost to Alaska and stay there, you are an embarasement to this nation, and you give all women like us a bad name.

March 24, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  17. Claudia

If she's done whining then I guess we'll never hear from her again! Thank you Sarah!

March 24, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  18. Julie C

First, trying to understand what this woman is saying is tough; she doesn't speak cohesively. Then, when she eludes to having a "servant's heart" and I have to laugh....very hard! Her own She feeds off her ego and the mighty dollar doesn't seem to hurt much either. Does she give do her rants for free? I also lost respect for NOW. Why in the heck would they step up to defend this total embarrassment to educated women? As much a Palin screams "smaller government" she has no qualms about having government make our personal decisions; yes, I mean reproductive freedom and education. Hypocrisy at it's worst. Go Maher, keep up the good work! Didn't we watch Palin stand at some alter and get exorcised when she first appeared? This woman's nuts.

March 24, 2011 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  19. Peter s

The problem is you are born whinner and you are still whinning about it!! You can fool Todd and Hannity and the Indians but not people like us!!

March 24, 2011 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  20. Bobby

What did Bill Maher say?

March 24, 2011 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  21. Nancy in WA

Damn, and I thought she was quitting politics!!! Now I'm totally bummed and totally disappointed. What a way to start a Thursday. Double-damn!!

March 24, 2011 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  22. whatever

Now if she could just be "through" with politics we'd ALL be happy.

March 24, 2011 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  23. Ron

When I saw that headline I cheered thinking that we won't have to put up with this idiot anymore. Alas, she is like a bad case of the stomach flu....she just keeps giving.

March 24, 2011 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  24. informed voter

It only took Palin 47 years to figure out that if you put yourself and your family in front of the camera and the media, that you are fair game for comedians and pundits. What a dolt. I would bet she will still play the role of the victim, and she will still blame the nasty media for repeating her idiotic statements and illuminating the world as to what a sore loser the Quitter on Twitter is. Hopefully she will continue to whore herself and her family to Faux News and Dancing with Pseudo Celebrities, so that comedians will have a never ending flow of material. America needs a good laugh, and the Palin clan certainly provides that service.

March 24, 2011 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  25. Keith

"It's not America's role not to be out and about nation building and telling other countries how to live," - HUH? So Sister Sarah STILL believes the US should be in nation building business? Can I assume she's been hibernating through Iraq and Afghanistan?

She'll never stop whining, it's too entrenched in her nature. She'll also keep playing the victim. Besides, if she stops doing either of those two, she'll no longer be of any use to Fox.

And one again, it's BREAKING NEWS: Sarah Palin still not declaring whether she'll run for president.

Com'on Sister Sarah. RUN! You'll get the full endorsement of all the liberals all the way through the primaries!

March 24, 2011 10:37 am at 10:37 am |