'I'm through,' Palin says
March 24th, 2011

'I'm through,' Palin says

(CNN) - Sarah Palin says she's done.

Done with whining about the media, that is.

In an appearance on Fox News, where she serves as a contributor, Palin shrugged off a recent sexual slur directed her way from comedian Bill Maher, saying, "I'm through whining about a liberal press that holds particularly conservative women to a different standard, because it doesn't do any good to whine about it."

"Nobody ever promised life was going to be fair," Palin continued in what appeared to be a departure from her usual pattern of forcefully responding to critics, especially those in the media. "And politics really isn't fair, the scrutiny, the double standards, and all that. I'm dealing with it I guess in a different way than others who want to bring more light to it and demand that Bill Maher apologize."

The comments come a day after the traditionally-liberal National Organization for Women issued a statement condemning Maher for directing the slur toward Palin, saying, "Cut the crap! Stop degrading women with whom you disagree and/or don't like by using female body terms or other gender-associated slurs."

But Palin made clear she is none too welcome of newfound support from NOW, an organization that has long been critical of Palin and her stances on issues like abortion.

"I need NOW's defense like a fish needs a bicycle," the former Alaska governor said.

But she also vowed to be an advocate for other conservative women who come under attack.

"When it comes to other women, when it comes to my daughters…when somebody says something that's not true, I am not going to retreat on that. I'll reload and tell them what I think about them," she said.

Meanwhile, Palin says the door remains open to a possible presidential run in 2012, though quickly tempered those comments by saying, "You don't need a title, you don't need an office to make a difference." Still, the Alaska Republican says she's tempted:

"I am tempted to because I am still wondering who is going to be out there with a servant's heart, willing to serve the American people for the right reason. Not for ego, not for special interests…I am waiting to see, who else is out there willing to do this."

The former vice presidential candidate also directed fire toward President Obama's recent dealings with the crisis in Libya, suggesting the president has not made his mission there clear.

"We better be in it to win it. 'Win it' means Qadhafi goes and America gets to get on out of there," she said.

The interview with FOX follows a two country trip abroad, during which she visited India and Israel.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. R.I.P. Damon

Taking the high road and not playing the victim or whining about Maher's chauvenism...this'll drive libs with PDS (which is pretty much all of them) up the wall for sure

March 24, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  2. Idesign

Sarah Palin is like sunlight to dracula.....

March 24, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  3. ja

the chickens come home to roost, rewind palin's statements, maher is a comedian, she supposedly is a stateswoman, as should have some type of resolve

March 24, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  4. pprty

Discusting that you, Sarah, are not serving for the right reasons. Yours is the biggest EGO out there!

March 24, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  5. miamigrrrl

Really? Did she just say, yet again, that she will "reload"?

March 24, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  6. stacy

when you lie, cheat and spread hate across the country you really shouldn't be surprised when someone calls you a bad name.

March 24, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  7. Al-NY,NY

The twit from Alaska is FINALLY getting it. Her endless and empty whining about the media has gotten her nowhere so she's finally done (but I doubt it) with the "victim" junk. She'll defend her daughters and other women (as long as they're republicans) but anyone else, it open season for this moron. "It's not America's role not to be out and about nation building and telling other countries how to live," Palin added....you mean like Iraq Quitta???

March 24, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  8. NVa Native

Sure we belive her, you betcha!
    She will do and say anything – true or false – good or bad – stupid or "stupider" – for attention.

March 24, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  9. Laura

Oh CNN you tease! Go ahead. Get my hopes up that this idiot was going to crawl back under the rock she came from.

Funny how she can dish it out but can't take it. I remember when she "suggested" to Matt Lauer that David Letterman had inappropriate relations with underage girls but could not offer any proof and would not elaborate on her statement.

Her phony indignation is laughable.

March 24, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  10. NKato

Palin: "I'm done whining about the media. So here is why I think the media is bad."

March 24, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  11. I'm through...

I'm through reading CNN articles whose headlines imply something completely different than the actual story.

March 24, 2011 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  12. Really?

Wasn't she just criticizing Obama for not getting into Libya faster and unilaterally?

March 24, 2011 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  13. Bill in STL

And now like all good liberals, Let the trashing commence... You have no doubt where she stands ... so jump in there and pick her apart! The party of diversity of lets embrace all ideas .... (only if I agree with them).... Get on it people trash and stomp trash and stomp!

March 24, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  14. Mike from Boise

A servant's heart? Oh please Sarah, I wasn't under the impression that servants could quit when they got tired of the game.

March 24, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  15. ConservaFascists/F.U.B.A.R.

Whatever!!! I love Bill Maher. He's the coolest white guy I know. NOW can kick rocks. I see nothing wrong with degrading a woman who finds it OK to incite racial hatred. There she goes again with the gun rhetoric(Reload). She will never,... never, ever, ever, be POTUS.

March 24, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  16. CEL1

Please, stop whining about a being a victim when you have nothing to whine about and everythingto bethankful for. You went from being a target to ebing a rock star, from being near poverty stricken to riches and all you have done is whine and complain and target others. Shut up, take your money and go away.

March 24, 2011 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  17. Bill

What on earth can this mindless putz talk about now if she is not blasting the "mainstream liberal media"? Maybe she will crawl back into her den and hibernate for a few decades. Well, one can only hope.

March 24, 2011 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  18. Martha in CF

Poor Palin. The media only picks on conservative women....NOT...Palin loves the attention she gets that is why she keeps up with the stupid accusations.
    And on Lybia--does Palin think she needs to be informed on everything done in DC????? I am afraid not. I believe our President knows what he is doing. I wouldn't trust Palin to anything on foreign policy.....
    Babble, babble, babble

March 24, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  19. JH

Oh, CNN... this is a new low. I jumped on that headline like I jumped on that Krispy Kreme last week. Evil... tempting us with the glorious taste of the possibility of seeing her fade into obscurity like her lapdog Glenn Beck is soon to... but now. Just another empty promise, like those empty calories. Well played, unknown headline writer. Well played.

March 24, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  20. Matt

There you go again with the "reload" crap, Sarah.

March 24, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  21. Adalbert

This bimbo is not conservative. She is stupid. The amount of money she makes only demonstrates how many naïve and uneducated people we have in this country.

March 24, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  22. blango

Attention getting titles without substance are getting a little old at CNN

March 24, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  23. dlh in Texas

Its true I do not like Mrs. Palin, but Bill Maher was wrong for insulting her, like most people I dislike her for the so call conservative outlook on life that she attemps to sell and I strongly feel that Mrs. Palin and others like her, male or female should not be bashed that way in public, it's shows a lack of character being presented by Maher.

March 24, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  24. PalinIsADumbBitch

She's through alright.

March 24, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  25. TPF

Who cares! There are real humans in need of help right now and she is not one of them. Help the Japanese people,
    they are wonderful people and need our help NOW.

March 24, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |