Palin’s threat for those who disagree
June 5th, 2011

Palin’s threat for those who disagree

(CNN) - Fresh off the first leg of her “One Nation” bus tour, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she did not mean to distract from Mitt Romney’s presidential announcement by visiting New Hampshire on the same day, adding that she reserves ill intent for those with whom she disagrees.

“I do apologize if I stepped on any of that PR that Mitt Romney needed or wanted that day. I do sincerely apologize. We didn’t mean to step on anybody’s toes,” Palin said on “Fox News Sunday.” “I’ll step on the toes of those who are making poor decisions for our nation … I don’t have a problem stepping on toes of those … who keep screwing up.”

The potential 2012 presidential candidate said her five-day tour was not about her – despite its appearance as a publicity tour – and instead showed her the desire Americans have to get back to the country’s foundational principles and away from the positions held by President Barack Obama.

She compared his economic policies to the Titanic, a ship she said will soon be “drowning in debt and in additional economic problems.”

“It’s very noble of President Obama to want to stay at the helm and maybe go down with this sinking ship, but I prefer and many Americans prefer that we start plugging the hole,” Palin said. “We don't have to go the way of the Titanic.”

To reverse America’s economic course, a President Palin would cut the federal budget, cut taxes and regulations to incentivize businesses, and institute an “all of the above energy policy,” including “drill baby drill,” her oft-used slogan.

She reiterated her charge that Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is crying wolf by saying the U.S. Congress must increase the debt ceiling by August 2nd. And although she expects Congress will raise the limit, a vote with which she disagrees, Palin said members of Congress “better get something out of it,” whether it be a balanced budget, cuts in federal spending or a reassessment of American-led wars.

“Three wars that we’re engaged in today and our country nearing bankruptcy. We have to rethink everything that we’re doing with foreign aid and with foreign intervention,” Palin said. “We have got to make sure it’s America’s interests first being met in each of these nations.”

The former 2008 vice presidential also addressed some controversies that arose this past week. After she botched details of Paul Revere’s midnight ride while speaking in Boston, Palin correctly recounted the story Sunday and characterized the encounter as a “shout-out gotcha type of question that was asked of me.”

“I answered candidly and I know my American history,” Palin said.

When asked about the more than 24,000 pages of records, including emails, that are set to be released by the Alaska governor’s office, Palin said the emails were not meant for public consumption and that people will “capitalize on this opportunity” and take the messages out of context.

“I don’t think there’s anything private in our family,” Palin said. “Nothing surprises me any more.”

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • Sarah Palin
  1. PKSD

So Obama goes to Westminster Abbey and doesn't know what YEAR it is, yet Palin is the dumb one??

June 5, 2011 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  2. Silence Dogood

Palin makes a gaffe...how is this news??? "Palin makes a sound and thoughtful arguement," that's news.

June 5, 2011 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  3. allanhowls

"but I prefer and many Americans prefer that we start plugging the hole,”

Please start with your own, Sarah.
    When you learn history, Constitutional law, diplomacy, and how not to quit mid-job and blame others for your own failure, we'll start listening to you.

June 5, 2011 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  4. Dan

You know, I saw that video clip—despite Ms. Palin's claims to the contrary, there was no "shout-out gotcha" question asked of her. She volunteered her take on the Paul Revere story while recounting the events of her weekend in Boston.

It's worth watching that clip, if you haven't already. It's pretty entertaining to see that moment where she realizes she isn't as familiar with the subject as she ought to be before discussing it on camera. As scary as I personally find her, a 2012 Palin campaign will at least make for a nice comedy of errors.

June 5, 2011 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  5. Papasan

The Gettysburg Address by Sarah Palin

Four score—you know, I don't know what "score" means among the elite, but a hockey mom like me knows what it means when you keep score, and high score wins unless it's a tie, because then you go into sudden death, and I know all about that because when I shoot something from a helicopter, it's dead…anyway…a long time ago, however long that is, our fathers, of which I'm married to one, my own First Dud, uh, Dude—brought forth upon this continent a new nation, the United States, which hadn't existed before, so it really was new, as in the sense of newness. It was conceived in liberty, much like my grandson Tripp or Trapp or Trucck, whatever, and it was dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal, and nothing has changed, except for those who were property at the time, so a great deal has changed. No one is property now, although some people are owned voluntarily.

Some would say that we are engaged in a great "civil" war, and as anyone would tell you, I am some people. But I detect no civilism among those who insult me, and who therefore insult liberty and freedom. It's just sad that when I offer one typical mainstream American red-blooded freedom loving Mom's perspective on progressing America, the haters and traitors disagree with me. But it's not about me. It's about me and my freedom and liberty and the right to be part of the great traditions of freedom and liberty. Where was I? Oh yeah. Gas pipeline. Drill here. You betcha!

June 5, 2011 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  6. Papasan

The rest of Sarah Palin's Gettysburg Address

I want to look at the big picture here. We cannot, we can not, we can’t lie to ourselves when some people think there is no such thing as “truth.” All they know is fact, and the world will little note facts as they evolve, even when evolution is nothing but a theory, which is a fact. I don’t settle for facts. Facts are too small, and in this great country, especially in the wide open spaces of Alaska, my former home state which I left the second I could, from which I can see whole other continents with my vision, I demand the right to lead in whatever way serves me with my truth. It is not for them to tell me what is fact. It is rather for me, Sarah, to be dedicated to a new birth of freedom to say what truth is, and to sell it in books, magazines, op-eds, DVDs, and my new news program, “Sarah Says,” on Fox, for which Mr. Murdoch has given me the best measure of devotion—a whopping contract—and for me, Sarah, to pop out a new birth of freedom to my career in giving this nation, under God, all Sarah, all the time, by me, for me, five nights a week. Sponsored by the g

June 5, 2011 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  7. Fladabosco

Ya gotta love Republicans who always harp on Dems for spending money. No administration and congress spent as much money so fast and screwed up the economy as much as the Repubs from 2001-2008 but you continue to hear this trash.

June 5, 2011 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  8. th

The question is where were all of the Republicans who are screaming about the deficit now and blaming Obama for it. It was under Bush's watch not Obama's that it all happened. Obama is the only president since Clinton that is working for the middle class and not for the filthy rich who had years to use the money that they saved on their tax cuts to make jobs. It never happened then and won't happen if they get to keep their tax cuts. They are out for themselves and themselves only. The hell with the middle class and poor.

June 5, 2011 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  9. 2 Old 2B Afraid

How insulting can this woman be? She shows up in OUR backyard and tries to tell US what happened here? We KNOW our local history. How dare she use our beloved cities' history to push her self serving agenda. The only thing $arah Palin is running for is the bank to deposit her checks. She disgusts me. If it wasn't for Philly or Boston (or the entire mid-Atlantic area), America wouldn't be America today and $ister $arah would be speaking Russian right now. She should be a bit humble and show a little more respect.

June 5, 2011 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  10. Ace from south Texas

She is an insult to the American society. Who the heck would vote this village idiot into office to begin with? BTW nice picture, looks like she wants to fart.

June 5, 2011 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  11. David G

SP,"The Quitter From Wasilla" she is an evil women.

June 5, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  12. jayman419

She will step on toes. Just don't ask her to answer any questions. Or engage in any debates. Or talk to reporters that don't work for her employer. Or come up with an educated opinion with less than a couple of years notice.

June 5, 2011 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  13. Palin Power

Behold our next, greatest, strongest and most powerful President Sarah Palin. Palin is God's Chosen One and is endowed with the Supreme Power of the Universe from God Herself. Nobody would dare cross President Palin or else they will feel God's Wrath and Fury emanating from her Rainbow Body.

June 5, 2011 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  14. Howard

If the Obama worshipers posting here weren't threatened by the prospects of Sara Palin beating their messiah, they wouldn't continually be tripping over themselves to demonize her. Unlike Obama, Palin is a patriot, who truly loves America, and our constitution. Contrary to your baseless rants, Palin is an extremely competent person, having successfully governed a state, while raising a family. Obama's credentials consist of voting present 125 times, and attending an anti-American, racist church for TWENTY YEARS. The American people are sick and tired of Obama's failed policies, which have resulted in a ruined economy, skyrocketing prices for everything, home values dropping, massive inflation, and sending billions of OUR dollars to Islamic countries who hate us. Sarah Palin would make a much better President than the empty suit, know as Barack Obama.

SAVE AMERICA ... DUMP OBAMA IN 2012 !!!

June 5, 2011 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  15. salvatore

At least she got the Titanic reference right. What a ridiculous headline though, CNN.

June 5, 2011 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  16. Dan in FL

Please stop reporting on Palin unless she does something newsworthy. CNN and other media outlets continue to enable and enrich Palin by keeping her in the news. What about that do you not understand?

There are many well-informed and thoughtful individuals in this country who could better contribute to the public debates on economic and government policies. Please try reporting what they're saying instead.

June 5, 2011 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  17. terry,va

Palin should be stepping all over Obummie and his band of fools toes, feet, etc. Obummie couldn't run one of Herman Cain's pizza stores. His big economic "win" on jobs in the month of May came from 25,000 hires at McDonald's. Obummie needs to go to work for them as a burger flipper. No that would be to good.

June 5, 2011 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  18. ThinkAgain

Nothing private in your family? YOU are the one who keeps dragging your family around while you seek publicity.

And don't you just love her saying she'll step on the toes of those she disagrees with? Not present a reasoned argument; just make snarky sound bites and then whine about "gotcha" questions that she screws up.

What a pathetic little woman she is!

June 5, 2011 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  19. FactCheck

Every Democrat in my state is gearing up to vote for her in the Republican primary. I don't care if she doesn't run, we're writing her in.

June 5, 2011 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  20. Wise1Speak

THIS IS ONE REALLY DUMB DAME . . .
    Please believe me when I say that I do not like using the word "dumb" or "stupid" to describe ones character.

However, since September 2008 when V.P. candidate Sarah Palin hit the national stage, their have never been a more "stupid, ignorant, idiotic, wicked, vengeful, unchristian-like, and shameless" political activist in modern U.S. history.

June 5, 2011 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  21. Root and stem

I would rather have Palin as president despite her many flaws than continue to have barrack hussien obama who is intentionally destroying us so he can rebuild us in his Progressive/Marxist/Racist image.

June 5, 2011 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  22. ThinkAgain

Republican policies of de-regulation, tax cuts in a time when we need MORE revenue, not less, and pandering to the emotions of scared, ignorant people are what got our country in this mess.

Palin is incapable of not only substantial thought, but responds to every challenge by whining and/or quitting.

Our country needs her like, well, a hole in the Titanic!

June 5, 2011 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  23. Shelby

Right, sarah! Even your fellow Fox News host, Brian Kilmeade, called you our for your classless behavior. This is what Mr. Kilmeade said, in part:

"I thought Gov. Palin was really classless in doing what she did in going up to Massachuettes when Mitt Romney’s making his announcement.”

But we all already know that EVERYTHING is always about sarah palin!

June 5, 2011 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  24. William Robert Hicks

Hey if the Arizona Senate gig doesn't work out, she can always quit!

June 5, 2011 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  25. Carol

President Obama is plugging all the Repuplican holes from their eight yrs. of administration as fast as he can!

June 5, 2011 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |