Palin’s threat for those who disagree
June 5th, 2011

Palin’s threat for those who disagree

(CNN) - Fresh off the first leg of her “One Nation” bus tour, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she did not mean to distract from Mitt Romney’s presidential announcement by visiting New Hampshire on the same day, adding that she reserves ill intent for those with whom she disagrees.

“I do apologize if I stepped on any of that PR that Mitt Romney needed or wanted that day. I do sincerely apologize. We didn’t mean to step on anybody’s toes,” Palin said on “Fox News Sunday.” “I’ll step on the toes of those who are making poor decisions for our nation … I don’t have a problem stepping on toes of those … who keep screwing up.”

The potential 2012 presidential candidate said her five-day tour was not about her – despite its appearance as a publicity tour – and instead showed her the desire Americans have to get back to the country’s foundational principles and away from the positions held by President Barack Obama.

She compared his economic policies to the Titanic, a ship she said will soon be “drowning in debt and in additional economic problems.”

“It’s very noble of President Obama to want to stay at the helm and maybe go down with this sinking ship, but I prefer and many Americans prefer that we start plugging the hole,” Palin said. “We don't have to go the way of the Titanic.”

To reverse America’s economic course, a President Palin would cut the federal budget, cut taxes and regulations to incentivize businesses, and institute an “all of the above energy policy,” including “drill baby drill,” her oft-used slogan.

She reiterated her charge that Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is crying wolf by saying the U.S. Congress must increase the debt ceiling by August 2nd. And although she expects Congress will raise the limit, a vote with which she disagrees, Palin said members of Congress “better get something out of it,” whether it be a balanced budget, cuts in federal spending or a reassessment of American-led wars.

“Three wars that we’re engaged in today and our country nearing bankruptcy. We have to rethink everything that we’re doing with foreign aid and with foreign intervention,” Palin said. “We have got to make sure it’s America’s interests first being met in each of these nations.”

The former 2008 vice presidential also addressed some controversies that arose this past week. After she botched details of Paul Revere’s midnight ride while speaking in Boston, Palin correctly recounted the story Sunday and characterized the encounter as a “shout-out gotcha type of question that was asked of me.”

“I answered candidly and I know my American history,” Palin said.

When asked about the more than 24,000 pages of records, including emails, that are set to be released by the Alaska governor’s office, Palin said the emails were not meant for public consumption and that people will “capitalize on this opportunity” and take the messages out of context.

“I don’t think there’s anything private in our family,” Palin said. “Nothing surprises me any more.”

Filed under: 2012 • Mitt Romney • Sarah Palin
  1. Marley

Palin quit on Alaska!

Sorry Palin, Obama has corrected the mistakes made by those who support your right-wing ideology. Obama has reversed the sinking Titanic created by your right-wing ideology.

June 5, 2011 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  2. Wise1Speak

EAT YOUR HEART OUT TINA FEY

Sarah Palin's ignorant Paul Revere explanation is just more fodder for Tina Fey.

June 5, 2011 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  3. Shelby

“I do apologize if I stepped on any of that PR that Mitt Romney needed or wanted that day.”
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The PR that Romney “needed” that day?! This woman is so condescending and beyond full of herself. I thought Palin’s fellow Fox News host, Brian Kilmeade, was spot on when he said the following on his radio show:

"I thought Gov. Palin was really classless in doing what she did in going up to Massachusetts when Mitt Romney’s making his announcement. Now if it was someone in the other party and you wanted to find a way to get under their skin because you want them out of office, I understand. But right now if you think poorly of Mitt Romney, or if you feel as though he’s your greatest threat or you feel as though you want to make sure that you are relevant, whatever it is. I just think you are in the same party give each man or woman a time to make their announcement.”

June 5, 2011 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  4. PD

Every sentence that comes out of Palin's mouth is grammatically awkward. We need to ban the word "those"... just so that we don't have to hear her pathetic attempts to sound edumacated by overusing or misusing that word.

June 5, 2011 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  5. Terry Gloege

"I know my history"!!!!!!!! NOT
    She does know how to make money though and you have to give her credit for that. Every crowd has a silver lining.

June 5, 2011 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  6. blue

This is scary to think that some people are following her every word. She is taking advantage of every opportunity to fatten her pockets. I hope her followers wake u p soon befosre she has all of their money. How much money did she have before she resigned from being the governor of ALaska? She is playing her groupies for a fool.

June 5, 2011 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  7. Will

I spit my coffee out when I read the line about her knowing her history.....now thats funny.

June 5, 2011 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  8. d

Why is it that every time Palin gets something wrong, it's a "gotcha" question?

June 5, 2011 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  9. Discernment

FROM HERO TO DESPICABLE GOAT

I use to admire maverick Senator John McCain. However, since his reckless attempt to win the 2008 Presidential election also came with the nation's introduction to this "un-vetted, brainless, lying, psycho-drama-queen" Sarah Palin; I have now lost all respect to this prisoner-of-war Vietnam Veteran McCain; and cannot wait until his political career rides off into the Arizona sunset.

June 5, 2011 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  10. F L Maysr

Lets face it Sarah Palin is giving her family a tour of the USA at the public expence. She may have been the govenor of Alaska but she is a flop as a candidate for the presidential seat. Anyone running with her has to be a fool. Only a fool would vote for her.

June 5, 2011 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  11. Mr. Davidson

As far as I'm concerned she's the charge of the light brigade.We will run these theives and Geitner along with them out of office,soon folks.

June 5, 2011 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  12. 4sanity

Sarah Palin – the quintessential Presidential candidate. Ignorant, self-important and full of it.

June 5, 2011 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  13. Ronald Hussein Reagan

I'm going to get my computer fixed so that it won't let me click on any more Palin stories – it's kind of like being addicted to Fear Factor or Wheel of Fortune.

June 5, 2011 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  14. twophad

"Those who screw up," eh? Stepping on our own toes a lot, are we, Sarah?

June 5, 2011 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  15. chechi

Two years as a Governor , a run for Vicepresident , lack of knowledge of American History , a voracious need to be seen and heard alll the time, blames every one for her mistakes, makes people pay for her family vacation and a big mouth: what a wonderful credentials to run for the White House. Well, in America everything is possible and any body can dream.....

June 5, 2011 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  16. jsv

It seems to me, American History is just one big gotcha moment for Mrs. Palin.

June 5, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  17. Seriously? Sarah?

Then perhaps Sarah, should should omit yourself as you are one of the biggest traitors to the country.

June 5, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  18. nru

Let's put her in the White House, and get a Democratic House and Senate going in 2012 – that way we can all see how goofed up we really are. I wonder if she would blame the congress for her failure to be able to do anything?

June 5, 2011 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  19. Republican Robber Baron

The Republicans are the Father of the Military-Industrial Complex and Profiteering. Now all of sudden Palin tries to pretend she is anti-war? How convenient that the GOP war hawks wrap themselves in the flag and accuse the left of being unpatriotic when questioning Iraq....now all of sudden when Obama is President they claim to be against the Iraq War. How totally disingenuous.

June 5, 2011 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  20. GI Joe

Debates, $arah, we want to see you in the debates, or keep your hate-mongering to youself. What POSITIVE THINGS CAN YOU DO???

June 5, 2011 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  21. Tony

Saying Palin is an idiot is an insult to idiots everywhere.

June 5, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  22. Ronald

Want to know why Palin is staying out of the race for now?? Because she knows that if she ends up in a debate everyone will be reminded that she is an idiot and doesn't know anything that a presidential candidate should know. She is just a big mouth looking for attention and hoping someone will keep paying her to open her mouth but clearly, she is totally out to lunch.

June 5, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  23. Mr. Wilson

Please run, Sarah. Pleeeeeeeease!

June 5, 2011 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  24. cheryl

Palin is a liar, hypocrite, self-centered, attention-grabber, power-hungry, and...yeah, a "troublemaker," as usual. Those people who like her are definitely in great "DENIAL." PALIN will NEVER be a PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!

June 5, 2011 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  25. Rick in AZ

Lady Blah Blah has spoken!

June 5, 2011 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |