Palin: I can win
July 11th, 2011

Palin: I can win

(CNN) - Sarah Palin said she can win a national election, but has yet to decide if she will take on President Obama in 2012.

"The people of America are desperate for positive change, and deserving of positive change, to get us off this wrong track," Palin said in an interview published in Newsweek Sunday. "I'm not so egotistical as to believe that it has to be me, or it can only be me, to turn things around. But I do believe I can win."

The former Alaska governor said there needs to be a larger field of candidates in the race for the White House, and she welcomes discussion about her and other undeclared candidates like Govs. Rick Perry of Texas and Chris Christie of New Jersey.

"Thank goodness the field is not yet set. I think that there does need to be more vigorous debate. There needs to be a larger field," Palin said. "There's still months ahead, where more folks can jump in and start articulating their positions."

Palin, who is still considering a bid for president, said she would not run if faced with opposition from her family, who's "gotta be in it with you."

But she won't receive push-back form her eldest daughter, Bristol.

"I think Bristol has made up her mind, and Bristol wants me to run for president," Palin said. "But we're still thinking about it. I'm still thinking about it."

The article comes as "The Undefeated," a favorable film by conservative filmmaker Steve Bannon, is set to release in select cities on July 15 and nationwide the following week.

Palin, who has become a national voice since stepping down as Alaska's governor following the 2008 election, chastised the president over the debt ceiling negotiations. The former 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate said the country needs "strong chief executives."

"The office of the presidency is too important for on-the-job training. It requires a strong chief executive who has been entrusted with real authority in the past and has achieved a proven track record of positive measurable accomplishments," Palin wrote on her Facebook page. "Real leadership requires deeds even more than words. It means taking on the problems no one else wants to tackle."

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. ImaLindatoo

Oh yes. Not only can Sarah Palin win, out of the current candidates being talked about and her, she is the ONLY one who can beat Obama.

You won't get there with like minds of Mittens Pittance and Paws (romney, huntsman, pawlenty) or those extremes in the House running, Bachmann, Paul. Even though democrats want to claim they will be "formidable" or "challenging".lol Their dreams candidates to run against.

Unlike the reality that we've learned even Obama freaks on a regular basis about Palin. Even gets angry at her tweets. lol

Her record, real, strong, see for yourself!

July 11, 2011 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  2. runmom

If she's so confident she can win, she should get off the pot and officially declare. What the heck is she waiting for (other than some more ego stroking from the media)?

July 11, 2011 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  3. VT Citizen

Is this the political section of CNN or the comics?

July 11, 2011 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  4. Cyberreality

Its not her intelligence that will stop her, its that only a member of the club can run for president. They will hound you and ruin you. It would be great to have an honest president even if you are not the sharpest tool in the shed. But we are not allowed that anymore. –

July 11, 2011 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  5. Phred

She had high hopes, yes, she had hiiigh hopes. She had high, apple pie in the sky hopes... And delusions of grandeur...

July 11, 2011 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  6. Batman

Well, what are you going to say about Obama now, that being 1/2 governor of Alaska is more experience than being president? I think you are _" on the job training". Rookie politician. You just can't bake your way into the white house. In my mind, anyone but Sarah, and with in reason...!

July 11, 2011 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  7. chuck

I am a Conservative Christian and believe in most of the same things the Tea Party does and I usually vote for a Republican because I believe them to be the "lesser of 2 evils". BUT - Sarah Palin you need to back out now before you cause more damage. When are you going to realize that you can't even run your own household – how do you plan on running the country. And by the way - I could really care less what the "all powerful hypocrit Bristol" has to say – she seems to be the one that's really in charge in your house. Please just go away like all of the other failed VP candidates.

July 11, 2011 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  8. Mike

Maybe in her "Real" America she can win but she needs to get out into the REAL real America where her negatives would virtually assure a second term for Obama.

July 11, 2011 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  9. rico

I would love to see Bachmann and Pail (Dumb and Dumberer) go head to head in a televised debate. the comedy would never end!

July 11, 2011 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  10. Just Me

Sure Sarah...we know you can pass gas on a national level. Have manners. Don't u folks from Alaska know better?

July 11, 2011 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  11. chuck

Hahaha – is that a picture of Elaine from Seinfeld trying to dance?

July 11, 2011 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  12. Whatever

First run for President and then we will care what you say about winning the general election. Sarah, Sarah you are NOT positive so why would anyone look to you for positive change?!??? WOW the ego of this lady.

July 11, 2011 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  13. Opinion0731

Sarah Palin doesn't have a prayer of winning the nomination, there are several catidates with far more expertise and experience, She would do well to realize this lends her support to those who will will the nomination.

July 11, 2011 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  14. Tim

I wouldn't underestimate Palin. She will do well in debates, because her team will have her prepared for the bland, obvious questions asked by the moderators, and she is excellent at staying on point.

As President, she will bomb Iranian nuclear facilities at first chance, plunging the U. S. into yet another war in the Middle East, and causing a huge energy crisis worldwide. More economic carnage will ensue.

July 11, 2011 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  15. chuck

OK all of my comments are getting block. I thought CNN would like the fact that I bashed Palin.

July 11, 2011 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  16. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Oh, if it weren't for those darn debates or maybe I can avoid them and slip under the radar, that's Palin's limited way of thinking or better yet, maybe Perry will help me out like McCain did. Palin hid out during the deficit talks while Michelle Bachmann hung right in there with the big boys hoping no one would notice, now she thinks she can just appear and be elected. It takes an idiot to think like Palin and Americans aren't looking for an idiot and a daughter like Bristol to make their decisions.

July 11, 2011 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  17. Denise

I am still mind-boggled that anyone could think this woman is fit to run this country. She comes off as such a stupid person.

PS: Time for a change in hairstyle!

July 11, 2011 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  18. Esox

This is not a bold statement. Hell, I (me, Esox) can win the presidential election.
    It would be bold if she said I WILL win the election.
    Settle down everyone.

July 11, 2011 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  19. msmaris04

Ok, I agree with a lot of posters here...my comment....those thumbs up are priceless..they really show her devine grace and intelligence. 🙂

July 11, 2011 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  20. Jarhead

Win what? A hot spot on FOX!

July 11, 2011 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  21. Mike from MN

Of course she can win! That is why she will never run! LMAO!

Palin only cares about making money folks. And she is one bitter loser.

July 11, 2011 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  22. Ace

They picture says it all – she's completely insane.

July 11, 2011 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  23. Mike K.

For once, I agree whole heartedly with Ms. Palin, the office of the president is no place for on-the-job training. So, let's see, if she were to win the GOP nomination, we would be matching her 1.5 years as governer of Alaska against Obama's 4 years of experience as president. At that point, which of the two will require more on-the-job training? And if your answer is Obama, then you can call yourself an idealogue plus you're just being silly.

July 11, 2011 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  24. pdaddy

Palin is truly delusional. She has yet to offer a single specific solution to any issue. Everything she says is simplistic with no basis in reality or fact... yet the media continues to publish her commentary. Truly sad

July 11, 2011 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  25. John

Saran Palin has lost her mind. Nobody want her to ran ,she can't win. She the most UNQUALIFIED reason In America to ran for President. Nobody like a QUITTER. Now she starting to believe her own movie. Movie are Not REAL. What she really need to do Is just go away and shut up. People are feed up just to hear the Palin name. Stay with FOX NEWS you two deserve each other. May be they can teach you how to hack people cell phone.

July 11, 2011 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |