Palin: I can win
July 11th, 2011

Palin: I can win

(CNN) - Sarah Palin said she can win a national election, but has yet to decide if she will take on President Obama in 2012.

"The people of America are desperate for positive change, and deserving of positive change, to get us off this wrong track," Palin said in an interview published in Newsweek Sunday. "I'm not so egotistical as to believe that it has to be me, or it can only be me, to turn things around. But I do believe I can win."

The former Alaska governor said there needs to be a larger field of candidates in the race for the White House, and she welcomes discussion about her and other undeclared candidates like Govs. Rick Perry of Texas and Chris Christie of New Jersey.

"Thank goodness the field is not yet set. I think that there does need to be more vigorous debate. There needs to be a larger field," Palin said. "There's still months ahead, where more folks can jump in and start articulating their positions."

Palin, who is still considering a bid for president, said she would not run if faced with opposition from her family, who's "gotta be in it with you."

But she won't receive push-back form her eldest daughter, Bristol.

"I think Bristol has made up her mind, and Bristol wants me to run for president," Palin said. "But we're still thinking about it. I'm still thinking about it."

The article comes as "The Undefeated," a favorable film by conservative filmmaker Steve Bannon, is set to release in select cities on July 15 and nationwide the following week.

Palin, who has become a national voice since stepping down as Alaska's governor following the 2008 election, chastised the president over the debt ceiling negotiations. The former 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate said the country needs "strong chief executives."

"The office of the presidency is too important for on-the-job training. It requires a strong chief executive who has been entrusted with real authority in the past and has achieved a proven track record of positive measurable accomplishments," Palin wrote on her Facebook page. "Real leadership requires deeds even more than words. It means taking on the problems no one else wants to tackle."

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. Fed Up

I never thought I would actually see the day I would support the Republicans....BUT...if I am faced with Obama for 4 more years I would have no choice to vote Republican. He has taken a global super power and while most of the world has rebounded from the recession or is on the verge of it Obama has made us so much worse. The other countries like Canada did it without wasting trillions of dollars...European countries....same thing. Obama basically gave the rich people more money and millions...me included...had to fight just to keep our homes. My employer got a Obama bonus or as he calls it....a stimulus package....the executives got bonuses for performance, which was a joke and 11 people in my department were given walking papers....and our boss got a bonus for reselling 2 of my co-workers homes that were foreclosed on....Thanks Obama you have forever ruined any hope of me voting Democrat again. The Clintons were bad enough, but Obama is the new Benedict Arnold in my eyes. He makes me embarrassed to be an American. Palin for president????? She can't be worse than Obama....I would vote for the Taliban before I would ever vote for Obama and I absolutely hate those guys. 2012 is time to take back our country from this tyrant that never had a plan to start with and has done more damage to people than Osama on 9/11.

July 11, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  2. Dish

I was going to post a negative comment, but I see that we have more than enough of that. She IS a good-looking woman. But is she blond?

July 11, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  3. Sarah the Hilarious

Good ole Sarah Palin. You can always count on her for a chuckle.

July 11, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  4. Dover

Run Sarah run! I am dying to see the fiery crash at the end of your attempt. Trump denied us of this kind of entertainment by bailing out so we are really counting on you. Even if you don't run Gingrich will provide us with some crash-and-burn entertainment in 3....2.....1. Sarah, you have done too many idiotic things to ever become electable. Quitting the Governorship was a death sentence for you politically, cross hairs on Gifford's really sealed the deal but, still run.......please.

July 11, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  5. bellablue

You forgot the most important statement, Sarah: "I WILL WIN"!!! Guess those words are not published in the "Palin Dictionary of Useless Thinking"!!!

July 11, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  6. MrPragmatic

Sarah, this country is perfectly comfortable electing wholly unqualified candidates to the office of the President. But this country is not comfortable electing a national joke to the office. You need to fixate on something else. This just isn't healthy for you or your family. Profitable and ego-gratifying, yes. But healthy? No, it's really not.

July 11, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  7. kmp

She is just trying to stay relevant since Bachmann is stealing all of her thunder.

July 11, 2011 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  8. NameKS Native

Mayb Bristol. Not fooled 4 a minute by u or that Christine, either

July 11, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  9. Sue

This woman takes the word "delusional" to new heights! Does she not read the things that have been said about her, does she not look at the polls, does she not see that she's one BIG JOKE?! Even Donald Trump has slithered away from the limelight so we can only hope that she follows his lead!

July 11, 2011 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  10. rtbrno65

Okay, so she says she's not so egotistical as to believe she has a solution for our problems but she thinks she can win. Why is she even running then?

July 11, 2011 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  11. Brian

She is a moron and stands no chance in winning

July 11, 2011 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  12. SMDH

I see some of the folks posting comments here share Palin's delusional thoughts. I am now convinced there needs to be a voting exam. What a shame.

July 11, 2011 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  13. MarineforLife

Sarah, we are desparate. But not that desparate!!!!

July 11, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  14. Four and The Door: REALLY???

"four and the door" is one of the first person to respond on these political news articles and is always wrong. He doesn't get it... Americans rejected Sarah Palin in 2008 and he still thinks they will embrace her as a presidential candidate.
    You need to get some perspective on the current issues and politics and not think just from republican talking point.
    Looks like you are paid by some republican congressman/senator to post these stupid comments...

July 11, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  15. Revolutuon

It's funny how so many people bash the GOP but their beloved Dem's have not done anything helpful. Not saying Palin is right for the job, but I do not like giving my money to people who are not tryin to help themselves. Overall, the government is not working for us!

July 11, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  16. Linda - Salt Lake City, Utah

John,
    I couldn't agree more - Sarah baby must be taking some extreme hallucinogenics - man, I want some. To think that this brain dead twit could do anything more than shill herself is a joke. By the way, a monkey could have governed Alaska. What do you do when you need more money - you raise it from the oil companies. Guess what, brain dead Sarah did just that - she raised revenue for Alaska from the oil companies - she loves, loves, that oil money and had no problem raising taxes on them to get it..............go back to lining your pockets you worthless hag..........

July 11, 2011 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  17. ted

I would like to know what her platform would be, plank by plank, and how is she proposing to resolve each and every major issue that we currently have. So far none of the rest of the candidates in the clown car have done this so maybe my request is premature. I woudl say that the GOP candidates, including Palin, are on Easy Street because they can take potshots at the president without any of them richocheting back. Easy to say I would do this or do that right now and that is what she enjoys. When the going gets tough then we might see her skedaddling back tothe double wide in Wasilla faster than a grizzly can run.

Obama/Biden 2012

July 11, 2011 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  18. simple yet complicated

Really Sarah...really??? Wish I lived in Iowa so I could vote 4 u in upcoming straw polls. Then watch u crash n'burn once general election is over. Not a chance that u can win – but perhaps with a game of tic tac toe – no thats still to complicated.

July 11, 2011 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  19. FRANK - LAS VEGAS

I wonder what color the sky is in Half Gov. Palin's world? She is only interested in keeping her name in the press, and the press always seems to let her have her way. She can't win because she is not running. It's just about money folks, the more she's in the press, the more she can charge suckers to hear her speeches. If the polls are correct, she couldn't even win the nomination let alone the general election. But she can win more money every time she's in the press. I wish the press would ignore her and her stupid statements. Give her press time only if she decides to run as a real candidate which of course she won't do. So to the press, get over her even though she sells print as they say, just like a train wreck sells print.

July 11, 2011 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  20. LouAz

Snooki Palin is a perfect example of a perfect vacuum. There is simply NOTHING THERE !

July 11, 2011 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  21. Lee Tutt

Sarah, Sarah,Sarah you are truely up shit creek, do you really think this country would vote you in as President, better yet your own party. GET REAL...........

July 11, 2011 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  22. gop hate america

win what? the most retarded woman on earth contest?

July 11, 2011 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  23. Clwyd

Those words coming from the worst quitter in government hold no sway with the voters. Sarah, stupid is forever!

July 11, 2011 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  24. Mark

Sarah...go for it! Your 'positive change' will be a complete turn around from the hate filled vitriol you spouted in '08.

July 11, 2011 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  25. Sue

I guess she had to get back in the limelight. She can't stand when she isn't news anymore. Yeah Sarah we really want a president that will quit halfway through. Trust me that will haunt you the rest of your life.

July 11, 2011 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |