Palin: I can win
July 11th, 2011

Palin: I can win

(CNN) - Sarah Palin said she can win a national election, but has yet to decide if she will take on President Obama in 2012.

"The people of America are desperate for positive change, and deserving of positive change, to get us off this wrong track," Palin said in an interview published in Newsweek Sunday. "I'm not so egotistical as to believe that it has to be me, or it can only be me, to turn things around. But I do believe I can win."

The former Alaska governor said there needs to be a larger field of candidates in the race for the White House, and she welcomes discussion about her and other undeclared candidates like Govs. Rick Perry of Texas and Chris Christie of New Jersey.

"Thank goodness the field is not yet set. I think that there does need to be more vigorous debate. There needs to be a larger field," Palin said. "There's still months ahead, where more folks can jump in and start articulating their positions."

Palin, who is still considering a bid for president, said she would not run if faced with opposition from her family, who's "gotta be in it with you."

But she won't receive push-back form her eldest daughter, Bristol.

"I think Bristol has made up her mind, and Bristol wants me to run for president," Palin said. "But we're still thinking about it. I'm still thinking about it."

The article comes as "The Undefeated," a favorable film by conservative filmmaker Steve Bannon, is set to release in select cities on July 15 and nationwide the following week.

Palin, who has become a national voice since stepping down as Alaska's governor following the 2008 election, chastised the president over the debt ceiling negotiations. The former 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate said the country needs "strong chief executives."

"The office of the presidency is too important for on-the-job training. It requires a strong chief executive who has been entrusted with real authority in the past and has achieved a proven track record of positive measurable accomplishments," Palin wrote on her Facebook page. "Real leadership requires deeds even more than words. It means taking on the problems no one else wants to tackle."

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. Tam

And I can fly! And bring world peace, and cure the common cold. But Failin' Palin CAN'T

July 11, 2011 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  2. George

look at all the Bill Maher talking points in here. If you could pull yourself away from the liberal euphoria for just a moment and do some fact checking you would realize that you don't know what on God's green Earth you are babbling on about. The problem is that your talking points would cease to exist if you did in fact do some research. Her actual record in office makes the community organizer in the White House look like he's preaching lines from a horrible "B" flick. He's going down in flames as we speak, look at his approval ratings on EVERYTHING.

July 11, 2011 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  3. EL

TRENDING: Obama: Ha! Hahahahahahaha! BWAAAAAAHahahahahaha! Heh... heh... *snort* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! HA! HAAAAA!

July 11, 2011 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  4. msyellarose

Win? A turkey shoot yes, a presidential election no.

July 11, 2011 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  5. David

This fruit cake doesn't have a prayer !!!

July 11, 2011 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  6. RUsurprised

I don't care who runs!

What are 3 things we share on common with Greece?

1- broke, cannot pay our debts.
    2 – asking for more money.
    3 – no plan to stop spending and recover our economy.

One we don't have (yet) in common, no riots in the streets.

Washington has no clue. Interpted as – do not put a politician in the Whitehouse.

July 11, 2011 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  7. lordshipmayhem

Sure, you can win, Sarah. The booby prize is still available

July 11, 2011 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  8. Zena

I hope she doesn't get the chance to run – that would be the biggest joke in American history.

July 11, 2011 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  9. ncmyk

in the history of modern u.s. elections – only one person has ever been the VP nominee of a losing ticket and come back later to win the presidency. ms. palin, you are no FDR!

July 11, 2011 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  10. Diana

Sarah, you refer to yourself as a 'rogue'.
    One of the meanings of rogue is 'scammer'. Another is 'trickster'. A third is 'imposter'.

July 11, 2011 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  11. alisia vazquez

I feel we need a change but not a nightmare palin please stay out of white house for my kids and grandchildren i will have later in my life i want to remember a white house that is not part of the tea party

July 11, 2011 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  12. Len

How many of you voted for the GOP in 2010? I bet your really happy now.

July 11, 2011 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  13. Lavada Staniscia

I would love to see her run. Men need to stop with the harassment. I believe it is going to take a smart woman to straighten out the mess we are in. She certainly will not do Any worse than some of our other presidents has done. Knock it off gentlemen , she is ready to play " big boy games". I think she is brilliant. I will certainly vote for her, this is for sure.

July 11, 2011 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  14. DAVID

We certainly do not need a quitter, self centered, egotistical big mouth, like Palin, leading this country. The only thing she has ever said is that it is always the other guy's fault. She has nothing to contribute. I have been a staunch Republican for fifty years but would vote for Obama against Palin. What a loser.

July 11, 2011 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  15. Brian

She might be able to win in the fantasy version of America that's in her head... I don't ubnderstand why people like Palin and Bachman can't get a grip on reality.

July 11, 2011 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  16. enricorosan

No, no, no, you can't win madame. It is too late for that because there is someone else who talks somewhat better than you and she is somewhat smarter than you and she is a woman with somewhat better looks than you. Her name : Bachmann

July 11, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  17. NameOhioGal

I wouldn't vote vote her. For one she abdicated Alaska and acted like a frat boy about the Osama killing and really, is just annoying and over-dramatic. She seems quite fluffy.

July 11, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  18. Shelby

You know things are bad for sarah when even TED NUGENT would NOT vote for her!

"I couldn't vote for Sarah Palin, and I love her."  - Ted Nugent, January 7, 2011, CNN's Anderson Cooper 360

July 11, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  19. joshua martinez

I think Sara palin is dreaming ..and the people around her are afraid to wake her up.come on. Everybody knows you are no contender not even for a city hall run.let's face your days are
    over.

July 11, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  20. SOUTHERN HOTTIE

She quit as governor of Alaska, put up a website targeting Democratic incumbents that resulted in Rep. Giffords getting shot, and she is a fear monger with her death panels bull. She is clearly delusional if she thinks she can win the Republican nomination let alone the presidency. Get a life, Sarah. You're so 2008 and late.

July 11, 2011 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  21. Anonymous

How many times do we have to say delusional?

July 11, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  22. Leon Jackson

After doing the math from the comments on this page alone, her poll numbers would be very low. It seems as if she is helping Obama look good when she says stupid things as that.

July 11, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  23. Jake

Can you spell D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E? (Well, at least you can. She's too dumb to know how to spell anything.)

July 11, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  24. Failin Palin

What does it mean when Palins duaghter has beer running out both sides of her mouth?

If means her trailer is level.

July 11, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  25. NATHAN WIMBERLY

Snookie Palin wants the money and media attention that Bachmann is getting. Wingnut heads are exploding just hearing her tease them about it.

July 11, 2011 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |