Palin: I can win
July 11th, 2011

Palin: I can win

(CNN) - Sarah Palin said she can win a national election, but has yet to decide if she will take on President Obama in 2012.

"The people of America are desperate for positive change, and deserving of positive change, to get us off this wrong track," Palin said in an interview published in Newsweek Sunday. "I'm not so egotistical as to believe that it has to be me, or it can only be me, to turn things around. But I do believe I can win."

The former Alaska governor said there needs to be a larger field of candidates in the race for the White House, and she welcomes discussion about her and other undeclared candidates like Govs. Rick Perry of Texas and Chris Christie of New Jersey.

"Thank goodness the field is not yet set. I think that there does need to be more vigorous debate. There needs to be a larger field," Palin said. "There's still months ahead, where more folks can jump in and start articulating their positions."

Palin, who is still considering a bid for president, said she would not run if faced with opposition from her family, who's "gotta be in it with you."

But she won't receive push-back form her eldest daughter, Bristol.

"I think Bristol has made up her mind, and Bristol wants me to run for president," Palin said. "But we're still thinking about it. I'm still thinking about it."

The article comes as "The Undefeated," a favorable film by conservative filmmaker Steve Bannon, is set to release in select cities on July 15 and nationwide the following week.

Palin, who has become a national voice since stepping down as Alaska's governor following the 2008 election, chastised the president over the debt ceiling negotiations. The former 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate said the country needs "strong chief executives."

"The office of the presidency is too important for on-the-job training. It requires a strong chief executive who has been entrusted with real authority in the past and has achieved a proven track record of positive measurable accomplishments," Palin wrote on her Facebook page. "Real leadership requires deeds even more than words. It means taking on the problems no one else wants to tackle."

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. ronald malaney

4 of the 13 kids I raised will vote for the first time ever and they will all vote Palin, and my mom the, anti ever get involved person of the year, will vote for the first time, and for Palin, in her life, only if Palin runs, and that was without me saying a word to her. so corrupt repubs and dems beware.

July 11, 2011 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  2. Dave

Oh... my keyboard almost got damaged after I spewed my soda onto it after bursting into my laughter when I was reading this article about Palin who thinks she can win the election. I think she is a very funny woman. No, she can not win anything.

July 11, 2011 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  3. The Real Tom Paine

@Four and The Door
    She had an impact in 2010, she cost them control of the Senate. She is not qualified. Period. Name anything that she did in her 30 months as governor besides widening McCain's margin of defeat that had national impact, that had people talking about her in the lower 48. Any accomplishments that set her above Romney, Pawlenty, et al? Any policies that set her apart?

We're waiting.

July 11, 2011 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  4. greyhackles

Wow. "Delusional effwit says what?"

July 11, 2011 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  5. DumDum

To Palin: If you think you can win, you are very delusional.

July 11, 2011 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  6. CongJD

The American people do not want a pathetic delusional reality show TV star as President. When will she realize that she quit politics and that she can never and will never have an impact on anything that goes on in our country?

Hopefully soon. It will be nice when she is no longer on TV or in the lime light. I literally feel like vomiting when I hear her speak or see an article with her name in it.

July 11, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  7. RFowler

What would Sarah Palin know about "strong chief executives?" She wasn't one. I could be wrong, but something tells me a strong chief executive wouldn't quit before the job was done. Isn't her 15 minutes up yet? Hasn't she earned enough money now that she can shut up and go back to Alaska?

July 11, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  8. nowar

founders 1791, you better hope your employer doesn't drug test you before sarah has a chance to fail or quit again. she hasn't the brains to run her own family let alone this nation. obama will not succeed because they won't let him, but palin, with everything in place, could never succeed, unless paul revere was aiding her.........rofl

July 11, 2011 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  9. Someone

Oh PLEA-SEEE. Ths woman thinks that being a mayor of a small town and governor for half a term makes her "qualified"??? SHe is in dreamland. Obama, like him or hate him, has withstood more attacks in teh last three years than most people I know and he hasn't bailed out – unlike Ms. Palin.

This woman doesn't speak sense – she speaks what her audience wnats to hear. Her comment that she made on teh campaign trail, that we were going to win two wars, shows how clueless she is. She is downright dangerous, and teh American public is largely smarter than her.

July 11, 2011 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  10. The Real Tom Paine

@1791:

HOW did she make life better for Alaska? You said nothing about WHAT she did. WHAT miracles did she perform in 30 months before resigning? What new policies did she enact, and what have been the results? Enlighten us, please.

July 11, 2011 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  11. ronald malaney

do you all realize some dems 50 years old and older have never voted for a non lawyer for pres. so they have only voted for people trained to lie to you without remorse , and make you believe it. Vote Palin if you can, not for a Lawyer.

July 11, 2011 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  12. Tommy

1. She isnt running.
    2. She cant win.
    3. Alaska didnt want her so she moved to Arizona
    4. The more she talks, the less people listen.
    5. She loves to hear herself talk more then people do.

July 11, 2011 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  13. GaryB

Has anyone looked at the record that Sarah Palin left in Alaska? She bailed because she didn't want to be tied to a state whose dept per capita is 17th highest in the nation despite all the money they get from the oil industry and a state who is among the top recipients of federal welfare. So much for fiscal conservatism.

July 11, 2011 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  14. Bill

Interesting. No one cares about Sarah but she draws 500+ comments.

July 11, 2011 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  15. The Choobs

LMFAO. Sorry Palin, but Bachman stole your thunder, and you're too late to get any serious money behind you. SHows how little you know about the process...quitter.

July 11, 2011 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  16. Squealy

Oh, YAWN! She'd better just let this act go already, or we'll be hearing the same story from her the day before the election!

July 11, 2011 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  17. Marie MD

#588 and counting – this has got to be a record. Probably about 99.9% for her to stay the heck away from politics and out of our lives (if only the media would give it up!!!) and the usual handful of suspects thinking she can govern a country when she quit as governor to make money and can't handle her own children!
    Great role model!! NOT

July 11, 2011 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  18. Bill

How many senate terms did B. Obama complete? Just asking.

July 11, 2011 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  19. Indy

ronald malaney
    Voting for Sarah Palin would be the same as giving a drunk the keys to your car and letting them take all of your kids for a ride over a cliff. You would have to hate your country and the future to vote for a person like Palin. Thank God there is a 0% chance that she would ever get the Republican nod, even though every Democrat is hoping she will run.

July 11, 2011 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  20. The Real Tom Paine

@ ronald malaney
    Carter was an engineer, educated at Annapolis. Anything else you wish to tell us about the so-called intellectual superiority of the GOP? I remember how well W spoke, and McCain's admission he did not understand economics. Sarah went to 5-6 schools ( l can't keep track of stupidity): should i feel good that my leaders is merely average? Would you have leveled that critique at Lincoln?

July 11, 2011 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  21. katie

SERIOUSLY SARAH! What a joke!

July 11, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  22. pn

Luckily I have a dual citizenship.

July 11, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  23. Paul

@ Bill... Obama didn't quit, he got a promotion, DUH!

July 11, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  24. Palin / Trump 2012

Palin / Trump 2012

– Paid for by Obama 2012

July 11, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  25. Paul

@ Bill... Obama didn't quit, he got a promotion.

July 11, 2011 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |