Palin: I can win
July 11th, 2011

Palin: I can win

(CNN) - Sarah Palin said she can win a national election, but has yet to decide if she will take on President Obama in 2012.

"The people of America are desperate for positive change, and deserving of positive change, to get us off this wrong track," Palin said in an interview published in Newsweek Sunday. "I'm not so egotistical as to believe that it has to be me, or it can only be me, to turn things around. But I do believe I can win."

The former Alaska governor said there needs to be a larger field of candidates in the race for the White House, and she welcomes discussion about her and other undeclared candidates like Govs. Rick Perry of Texas and Chris Christie of New Jersey.

"Thank goodness the field is not yet set. I think that there does need to be more vigorous debate. There needs to be a larger field," Palin said. "There's still months ahead, where more folks can jump in and start articulating their positions."

Palin, who is still considering a bid for president, said she would not run if faced with opposition from her family, who's "gotta be in it with you."

But she won't receive push-back form her eldest daughter, Bristol.

"I think Bristol has made up her mind, and Bristol wants me to run for president," Palin said. "But we're still thinking about it. I'm still thinking about it."

The article comes as "The Undefeated," a favorable film by conservative filmmaker Steve Bannon, is set to release in select cities on July 15 and nationwide the following week.

Palin, who has become a national voice since stepping down as Alaska's governor following the 2008 election, chastised the president over the debt ceiling negotiations. The former 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate said the country needs "strong chief executives."

"The office of the presidency is too important for on-the-job training. It requires a strong chief executive who has been entrusted with real authority in the past and has achieved a proven track record of positive measurable accomplishments," Palin wrote on her Facebook page. "Real leadership requires deeds even more than words. It means taking on the problems no one else wants to tackle."

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. nowar

how many times did he quit? to write a book? to fail american history? obama is not the answer, unfortunately, but if palin or bachman run, they will indeed hand him the white house keys for four more years.

July 11, 2011 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  2. Indy

The Real Tom Paine

Sarah nearly bankrupted Wasilla
    She had one of her assistants put the airplane on e-Bay and lost money
    She was for the bridge to nowhere
    She throughly messed up the Alaskan pipeline project which to this day is at a standstill,it was thirty years in the making and she and Todd had illegal meetings with Trans Canada Gas.
    Any legeslation she was involved in in currently being overturned

Etc,etc,etc

July 11, 2011 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  3. Jeremy

As a conservative, does she realize the only way for her to win is if we vote for her?? And that's not happening any time soon. She should stick to what she's good at which is tweeting about non-issues.

July 11, 2011 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  4. chechi

Ms. Palin: If you want to be taken seriously act seriously and responsible, stop sending darts from your hidden corner of the wilderness in Alaska and then retreat and disapear until you figure out the next step. Be brave and face the peolpe and the media and be positive and show your goodness if you have some.. Do not judge the American people based on your scant knowledge, they are realy smart and educated. Other wise remember that dog that only barks does not bite !

July 11, 2011 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  5. pipe

hahaha, gotta love women

July 11, 2011 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  6. What she really means is

I can win, just send me MONEY!!

I want to be like a banker on wall street.

July 11, 2011 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  7. Unknown

She can win? and I'm the Queen of France!

July 11, 2011 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  8. Doug B.

She is a joke which has ran it's course. She will forever be associated with the Saturday Night Live skits that spotlight her being an airhead. One thing I thought was interesting, that I never saw in the news following her debate with Biden (besides notes on her hand) was that she was wearing a earpiece, and was being fed information from someone else! I looked closly to see if that was common and Biden didn't have that. She is more trailer trash with the notority of the Octo-mom than a real politician. An Oil producing state with low population such as Alaska can pretty much operate itself!

July 11, 2011 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  9. bourneblogger

Ummm... Isn't this the same dip who thinks she can see Russia from her home in Alaska?... Study a globe and try again next term...

July 11, 2011 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  10. sue

What kind of mother names their son Laura Jensen?

July 11, 2011 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  11. Sandy

This coming from someone who QUIT her job as a governor in the middle of her term just to make money. What a hypocrite... I could NOT even imagine this person as president and I hope everyone even thinking about joining in this nonsense comes to their senses SOON.

July 11, 2011 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  12. Daivie

Newsweek–Get A Life !! Palin is yesterday's news. What's more, she is ungodly, unamerican and should be deported. McCain will never be forgiven for unleashing this monster on Amercian society.

July 11, 2011 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  13. NC

Sarah Palin 2012.

July 11, 2011 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  14. Spankster

No, No you absolutely can and will not. The 4th reich will just have to wait..........

July 11, 2011 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  15. McCain-in-4

Anybody else believes Sarah Palin is the Dan Quayle of our time?

July 11, 2011 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  16. rick

Sara if you won and things weren't going your way, what would you do QUIT!

July 11, 2011 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  17. ATLmatt

If Sarah Palin could win the election making her President of these United States, then the bad situation that we now seem to find ourselves would be like heaven compared to what it would become. This woman doesnt know basic American History. I was pleased to see her bus tour going to places and learning about our history but she quit – bus tour, governor of AK – quitters never prosper. Goodbye Sarah. Its time to fade away into history.

July 11, 2011 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  18. pkfops

Being a loser can put money in your pocket.

July 11, 2011 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  19. ATLmatt

Sarah Palin is worse than Dan Quayle... you betcha.

July 11, 2011 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  20. antoine

I think this lady is far more qualified to appear on Real Housewives of Alaska than to run the country. Just sayin

July 11, 2011 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  21. Maggie

Palin is so over, and she knows it. She has worn out her "gee, I'm a female" so vote for me, with Michelle Bachman in the race. I would love to see the two of those in a debate, Bachman would call her out on her idiocy. Delusions of grandeur dos not even begin to describe Sarah Palin. Besides, if she decided to run, it would be like her governorship, her cable show, and her bus tour – she'd quit when it was half over. She is a joke, and anyone who believes she should be in charge of anything so important as a grocery list, is a fool.

July 11, 2011 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  22. jimzcarz

This woman couldn't organize a 2 car Funeral,and she believes that she is competent to run the Country.
    I say Go for it. That will keep the Repubs out of office for another 4 years.

July 11, 2011 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  23. jujubeans

I'll vote for her if she does a spread in Playboy

July 11, 2011 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  24. closetiguana

What she says is "I can win" what she means is "how much longer do I have to keep this charade up?"
    Her book publisher's response.... "just a few more months".

July 11, 2011 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  25. anobody

America needs a problem solver not a trouble maker. Palin = Kook & quitter and nothing besides.

July 11, 2011 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |