Palin: I can win
July 11th, 2011

Palin: I can win

(CNN) - Sarah Palin said she can win a national election, but has yet to decide if she will take on President Obama in 2012.

"The people of America are desperate for positive change, and deserving of positive change, to get us off this wrong track," Palin said in an interview published in Newsweek Sunday. "I'm not so egotistical as to believe that it has to be me, or it can only be me, to turn things around. But I do believe I can win."

The former Alaska governor said there needs to be a larger field of candidates in the race for the White House, and she welcomes discussion about her and other undeclared candidates like Govs. Rick Perry of Texas and Chris Christie of New Jersey.

"Thank goodness the field is not yet set. I think that there does need to be more vigorous debate. There needs to be a larger field," Palin said. "There's still months ahead, where more folks can jump in and start articulating their positions."

Palin, who is still considering a bid for president, said she would not run if faced with opposition from her family, who's "gotta be in it with you."

But she won't receive push-back form her eldest daughter, Bristol.

"I think Bristol has made up her mind, and Bristol wants me to run for president," Palin said. "But we're still thinking about it. I'm still thinking about it."

The article comes as "The Undefeated," a favorable film by conservative filmmaker Steve Bannon, is set to release in select cities on July 15 and nationwide the following week.

Palin, who has become a national voice since stepping down as Alaska's governor following the 2008 election, chastised the president over the debt ceiling negotiations. The former 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate said the country needs "strong chief executives."

"The office of the presidency is too important for on-the-job training. It requires a strong chief executive who has been entrusted with real authority in the past and has achieved a proven track record of positive measurable accomplishments," Palin wrote on her Facebook page. "Real leadership requires deeds even more than words. It means taking on the problems no one else wants to tackle."

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. Norm

Oh CNN...please, please keep reporting on Sarah.
    I don't know what I would do if I didn't see some kind of article about her everyday.

Anyone notice how crazy Bachmann looks?
    Now there's a scarey Palin wanna be...

July 11, 2011 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  2. Joe

No way. She can say so all she wants but she'll waste a year of her life trying.

July 11, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  3. Palin is an idiot!

LOL...that's all I can say.. LOL.. the only thing she could win is a mud wrestling match with Michelle Bachmann! LOL

July 11, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  4. Scotty

She is off her rocker! She's one of the main reasons McCain lost and she thinks she could win a national let along the primaries. I want some of what she is smokin!

July 11, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  5. thomas

Talk is Cheep !

She has sure aged , unfortunately not like a good wine !

July 11, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  6. Dave

Unless you've been POTUS before, you will be doing "on the job training." SP would be an idiot behind the desk in the oval office...and America becomes laughing stock to the world.

July 11, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  7. Susan - Canada

"She is just desperately trying to get another book deal or a few more high paying speaking engagements before she is done for good."
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

She will never be done "for good". If President Obama wins a second term, she will continue to criticize him and she will also more than likely criticize her own party along the way. She'll manage to keep herself in the media for the next 4 years...and go through this "will she or won't she" crap all over again and she will once again make millions along the way. Americans are STUPID...we Canadians would never give a non-politician this much attention.

July 11, 2011 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  8. Jeff

This buffoon could not win if she was the only candidate running. She should be put in jail for taking hard earned money from people who are too stupid to know they might as well be burning cash in the street as giving it to her “campaign”. It is time for Ms. Palin to get off the public teit and get a real job! May I suggest trash collector. It will give her a chance to pick up all the horse shi^ she has been throwing around for the past few years.

July 11, 2011 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  9. annie s

Oh, run Sarah, run. We need some humor in this country today.

July 11, 2011 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  10. saganhill

Talk about DELUSIONS of GRANDURE. If she thinks she can win the election I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

July 11, 2011 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  11. jim

I have trouble believing that even Palin is stupid enough to think she could win the presidency. I doubt she could even garner the votes of her extended family!

July 11, 2011 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  12. Alex

If the Republicans and cons really want to take back the White House they need to keep Palin as far away from the process as possible. I think she's going to run as a third party "Tea Party" candidate; if she does, she'll split the con. vote far worse than Nader ever did with Al Gore.

July 11, 2011 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  13. JEANNE

Sarah Palin was listed in a magazine as being what I thought said 100 most influential people – I was stunned – so looked at the cover – 100 most influential celebreties- SHE IS A CELEBRITY – NOT A POLITICIAN!!!!!

July 11, 2011 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  14. billy

Thisi woman is totally HOT AIR.She is so into herself it is sickening.She won't run because she would get her back side handed to her and she knows it !!

July 11, 2011 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  15. maggie

Bunch of dreamers on this blog. Even the GOP leaders understand that they have a hot potato on their hands at best and a nutcase at worst. While she attracts loads of attention, more for the silliness that comes out of her mouth and the "facts" that resonate to supporters who don't know any more about "facts" than she does, the majority of conservative voters are still a little smarter than this. She'll never make it out of the GOP field, let alone the national stage but she sure is making a load of dough trying!

July 11, 2011 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  16. Al

Win? Win what? Maybe dog catcher, and then only if all of America stays home and only her family votes.

July 11, 2011 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  17. Joe

"I can win." Translation: "I need more attention and/or money today."

July 11, 2011 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  18. AC

July 15th this year is now officially "fantasy-day" at the movies with two awesome "fantasy-tales" being released: first Harry Potter and now Undefeated..Can't wait!!!

July 11, 2011 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  19. maggie

"Palin, who has become a national voice since stepping down as Alaska's governor following the 2008 election, chastised the president ...." Hmmm, what a surprise statement. Palin has made a career out of chastising the president for everything but the opening of an envelope. What will she ever do if a Republican wins in 2012? Hmmm, she might join the unemployment line perhaps; no wait, maybe the winner will help find her a job - when he or she is done with Bachmann that is.

July 11, 2011 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  20. John

sarah, what medication are you taking?? I want to get some

July 11, 2011 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  21. hobart

No, you can't win. The Republican leaderships has still not forgiven you and the rest of the mama grizzlies for costing them the Senate.

July 11, 2011 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  22. Me who is over there

Please run you delusional moron! It will be fun to watch you try and think on your feet with your sing songy "pagent girl" way of speaking. It will be even more fun to watch the 'Christian' story book readers, scramble to defend you as 'patriotic' and 'of the people'.

July 11, 2011 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  23. Dave, CA

Every time I see her I hear the song "American Idiot".

July 11, 2011 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  24. Loopman

So.....Once again we are presented with more of Caribou Barbie's BS about what it takes to be a great leader of the USA. She highly contributes to the defeat of her running mate John McCain in the 2008 Presidential election and then goes home and resigns her elected position as Governor of Alaska, then pimps herself out to the new media (which she ardently telss everyone is the most despiacable group of humans on this planet), and yet still has the gall to tell the sitting poresident how to do his job properly. And then makes the statement that she isn't "egotistical". If that's not ego speaking, then she eveidently doesn't know the meaning of the word. I hope she does run. I'd like to see nothing more than Bachmann 'bitchslap' Palin just once.

July 11, 2011 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  25. NOYB

Democrat or Republican; Just not Palin.

July 11, 2011 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |