Palin: I can win
July 11th, 2011

Palin: I can win

(CNN) - Sarah Palin said she can win a national election, but has yet to decide if she will take on President Obama in 2012.

"The people of America are desperate for positive change, and deserving of positive change, to get us off this wrong track," Palin said in an interview published in Newsweek Sunday. "I'm not so egotistical as to believe that it has to be me, or it can only be me, to turn things around. But I do believe I can win."

The former Alaska governor said there needs to be a larger field of candidates in the race for the White House, and she welcomes discussion about her and other undeclared candidates like Govs. Rick Perry of Texas and Chris Christie of New Jersey.

"Thank goodness the field is not yet set. I think that there does need to be more vigorous debate. There needs to be a larger field," Palin said. "There's still months ahead, where more folks can jump in and start articulating their positions."

Palin, who is still considering a bid for president, said she would not run if faced with opposition from her family, who's "gotta be in it with you."

But she won't receive push-back form her eldest daughter, Bristol.

"I think Bristol has made up her mind, and Bristol wants me to run for president," Palin said. "But we're still thinking about it. I'm still thinking about it."

The article comes as "The Undefeated," a favorable film by conservative filmmaker Steve Bannon, is set to release in select cities on July 15 and nationwide the following week.

Palin, who has become a national voice since stepping down as Alaska's governor following the 2008 election, chastised the president over the debt ceiling negotiations. The former 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate said the country needs "strong chief executives."

"The office of the presidency is too important for on-the-job training. It requires a strong chief executive who has been entrusted with real authority in the past and has achieved a proven track record of positive measurable accomplishments," Palin wrote on her Facebook page. "Real leadership requires deeds even more than words. It means taking on the problems no one else wants to tackle."

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. JWR

Why not run?

July 11, 2011 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  2. blf83

The only thing Sarah can win is the "Strident Crazy B I T C H award. And even the, she would quit before her time.

July 11, 2011 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  3. jb1963

I already change my voters registration to republican so I can vote for her. She will be the republicans biggest loser is she get the nomination. All progressives should do the same and vote for her.

July 11, 2011 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  4. George

Not a snowball's chance.

July 11, 2011 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  5. Sy2502

Sara Palin is the last of a long string of media whores that includes Paris Hilton, the Kardashans, and the Octo-mom.

July 11, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  6. Anonymous

She is so dulusional! I really would like some of her drugs so that I could win the election also. She needs to stay home and take care of those kids so that they don't all end up pregnant like Bristol! What a crack head.

July 11, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  7. Jeetu

Except for an incumbent running for re-election, no presidential candidate has any experience for being the President of USA. Therefore, all presidents in their first term get "on-the-job" training to be the President after being elected. Therefore, Sarah Palin's comment about this on-the-job training is wrong and shows her ignorance about the job of the President of USA. This and other aspects of her comments and actions (like resigning from the Governorship of Alaska) clearly indicates that she is not qualified to be the US president. She won't be elected and I do not think she will even get the nomination of her own party. Therefore, she would be well advised to stay out this race.

In addition, it would be better if she sealed her mouth for the next 24 months or so.

July 11, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  8. mike

this would be great to see this idiot run for president could you see her debating media as well as Obama himself what a shoe in for Obama

July 11, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  9. enos

Seriously- When is this woman going to go away? Casey Anthony would probably do a better job of running the country.

July 11, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  10. Shelby

sarah, you have the colossal gall to act as though your family comes before your lust for the presidency?! Yeah, uh huh, that’s why you put your child, Bristol, on the national stage in 2008 when she was unwed and knocked-up. Shame on you for the horrible humiliation you subjected your daughter to, Mommy Dearest.

July 11, 2011 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  11. Chad S

She can win in a straw poll among her family. She has little chance anywhere else.

July 11, 2011 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  12. Roger

Then again, American stupidity will never cease to amaze me. After all these Bozo's gave Bush a second term and laid the brick road for dumb chicks like her.

July 11, 2011 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  13. Randy M

In your dreams Palin!

July 11, 2011 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  14. Jeff

The fact that she still thinks she can win proves how delusional she is.

July 11, 2011 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  15. rlbaker87

I would most likely vote for Obama before I voted for her. The majority of the country despise her according to polls. I agree the White House is too big for "on the job training," but it also is not a safe haven for those that quit on their own states.

July 11, 2011 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  16. Carla Everett

Get real, Palin. What would you do when the going got really tough? Quit like you did in Alaska?
    You need a reality check, chick!

July 11, 2011 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  17. jennifer

stupid is who stupid says....

July 11, 2011 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  18. mani

wat a stupid woman just like michelle
    they r funny!!!

July 11, 2011 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  19. DallasMarine

Be sure to punch a Palin-Bachmann supporter. They allow these dingbats to have any spotlight and are an embarrassment to this country. The only thing Palin can beat is a dead horse.

July 11, 2011 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  20. Sarah Palin

America deserves decisive leadership, and so I've begun to decide to make up my mind whether or not to start the process of thinking seriously about if I should consider beginning to think about wondering if I should dope out some way to find out if I am considering asking myself if I'm serious about feeling I should run. For a while, and then if it didn't look good I could always quit.

July 11, 2011 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  21. John/kc

Miss I can see Russia from my home on a clear day is in la la land as usual. She has about as much chance of winning the Presidency as I do, and that is ZERO. Really, all she is interested in is making bucks on her speaking engagements.

July 11, 2011 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  22. chief

SHE CAN WIN .... if she turned catholic.... they follow anyone that sayd they are ( except newt, cause who knows why, i guess his 8th wife is catholic )

July 11, 2011 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  23. Jaynicia99

[Sarcasm ]Yes Sarah...run, Sarah, run...[ / sarcasm ]

July 11, 2011 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  24. JD

Two things...1) Palin has considerable trouble "articulating" anything, let alone positions on complex issues. 2) Obama is taking on "the problems no one else wants to tackle." Witness the current negotiations with Congress regarding the debt ceiling and long term deficit reduction. He has members of both parties upset, which tells you he is barking up the right tree.

July 11, 2011 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  25. chief

the neotards will promote her because they can make her follow the agenda

July 11, 2011 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |