
(CNN) - There are bundlers - the mega-fundraisers who collect checks from friends and contacts, then forward them to campaigns - and then there's George Clooney.
Clooney did something that few, if any, bundlers have done this year for President Barack Obama's campaign: rake in $15 million dollars, a figure provided to CNN by a top Democratic source.
- Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker
The campaign raffled two tickets to join Clooney and Obama at the movie star's Los Angeles home for a dinner on Thursday. The campaign said last week that it had raked in $6 million by selling tickets for 150 guests, suggesting the raffle earned the campaign $9 million.
The campaign has previously raffled - always requesting an optional campaign donation - attendance dinners with Obama and his wife, Michelle. Earlier this year, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney conducted a similar raffle for seats with him at a Red Sox baseball game.
Clooney was last seen at the White House in mid-March, when he met with Obama to raise awareness about the South Sudan crisis.
Clooney said last week that the event was "the biggest fundraiser so far to date-ever," and that it was "double anything that's ever been done before."
Also see:
Federal inmate's sizable West Virginia presidential vote tally


Will the taxpayers be re-compensated for the cost of the flight out to California?
To all the haters, Clooney raised $15 million, if you didn't contribute then you don't have any complaints.