By the numbers: Latino voters
June 4th, 2012
05:27 PM ET
10 years ago

By the numbers: Latino voters

(CNN) - Because of their growing numbers and presence in some of the key battleground states, Latinos are expected to play a prominent role in this year's battle for the White House between President Barack Obama and presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney.

By the numbers, here's a look at Latino voters:


Filed under: 2012 • Latinos
soundoff (8 Responses)
  1. Myviewis

    Thank you for this report that confirms what I have been writing that Mexicans are the largest Latino population in the USA coming in at 63%, leaving a 37% to be made up of Puerto Ricans, Cuban, Dominicans and Central & South Americans, Cubans being the largest number of the 37% in the USA that would have a personal interest in immigration. Central & South Americans are the smallest numbers. So, this is about winning the Mexican vote and Obama does have the Mexican vote. Puerto Ricans are Americans.

    June 4, 2012 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  2. Claudia, Houston, Tx

    I might also add, these Latinos are well educated and can't be taken for fools, they make it their business to know politics.

    June 4, 2012 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  3. jon

    By the numbers:

    Latino unemployment under the Obama regime reached an all time high in April at 11%...go ahead and vote your buddy 4 more years, maybe you can make it to 20%

    June 4, 2012 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  4. Gurgyl

    Latinos are not fooled by rethuglicans, so obama12.

    June 4, 2012 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  5. Angel

    What has the Republican Party done for Latinos lately?

    June 4, 2012 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  6. hamsta

    And what they wont tell you by the numbers is how many of these voters are non citizens. thats exactly why obama and his left wing propoganda machine(mainstream media) refuse to enforce voter identification laws.

    June 4, 2012 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  7. Narciso Eguia

    This 4th generation english speaking mexican american is voting for America. I'm voting for Romney. I don't care about the illegals or Obama. I'm voting for balancing the budget, restoring NASA to it's former glory and supporting our military. I love being mexican but i love america more.

    June 4, 2012 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  8. Wake up people

    People need to stop blaming President Obama for the unemployment rate. Unemployment skyrocketed in 2008, well before President Obama was even elected. Millions lost their well paying jobs, myself included. There were so many applying for so little jobs that many remained unemployed and some still are today. President Obama has proposed jobs bills but the treasonous congress has made sure that none have passed. People make sure you tell people to vote straight Democrat and remove this obstruction in November. Speaking of jobs....what happened to all the jobs the tea baggers claimed they would create when they duped people into voting for them? None, because it is more important for the baggers and rethugs to see the POTUS fail. How unpatriotic!

    OBAMA 2012!

    June 5, 2012 08:17 am at 8:17 am |