December 27th, 2012
07:11 PM ET
10 years ago

Obama to meet with congressional leaders, White House says

(CNN) - President Barack Obama will meet with congressional leaders on Friday afternoon to discuss the fiscal cliff, White House communications director ‏Dan Pfeiffer said Thursday.

The 3 p.m. ET meeting will include Senate Majority Leader Reid, Senate Minority Leader McConnell, House Speaker John Boehner and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, the White House announced. Vice President Joe Biden will also attend.

Filed under: Fiscal Cliff • President Obama
soundoff (9 Responses)
  1. Logic N LA

    Televise it- word for word with no speeches allowed! Let's see if either side says anything meaningful.

    December 27, 2012 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  2. Kr55

    They need a round table. Will make it easier for everyone to point fingers at eachother.

    December 27, 2012 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  3. Anonymous

    Not that more of these face-to-face sessions shouldn't have happened months ago – but does anyone really think any discussion on expense reduction will actually occur? It's pathetic that our leaders have let this issue go this long. We need to have term limits and new blood, people that really care about our great country!

    December 27, 2012 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  4. Gurgyl

    Instead of posing before the cameras at the cost of ordinary Americans tax payers–these public servants need to do their job for the good of the people of USA to safeguard this sovereignty and pass fiscal cliff raising tax on higher income earners. Pathetic nation of thugs, religion bigotry, racial feeling, greed, hypocracy. Nonsense. I am ashamed of it.

    December 27, 2012 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  5. Pete

    Time to lay the law down on these incompetent, arrogent republicans Pres.Obama..They know they have no leverage now and the only ones that back these treasonistic morons are the ignorent posters on these sites not much after that and they know who they are because much like that loser in Romney they too have foot in mouth disease and a very short memory about what will happen at midterms if they don't compromise....It's either work for Americas sake because you republicans helped screw it up or get out of Dodge ,can't get any plainer than that!!

    December 27, 2012 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  6. penguin

    Why bother?

    December 27, 2012 08:59 pm at 8:59 pm |
  7. Rickymiata

    Are we all not fed up with the lack of cooperation and the total disregard for the welfare of the country? If "they" want to push us over the cliff, then do it in a joint agreement that this is best for the country. Don't have a showdown at high noon. What are our elected officials doing? Stop playing games. My children play better. At least they act older.

    Where is CNN? Where are the news pundits? Why not show anger at the government? You could help be our voice. Help the small folk be heard. I am getting no responses from my congressmen.

    December 27, 2012 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  8. Name lynn

    really obama now you are ready to meet all the republicans an the democrates yet boehner as well just stop wasteing time with all these people obama you are the president and what you says go we the people is waiting on you obama with the fiscal cliff and tax hike

    December 27, 2012 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  9. survalerie johnson

    If the 2% have a tax cut,it will not change their lifestyle at all.But on the other hand,it will help the 98% from the risk of having no lifestyle.sad

    December 27, 2012 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |