Washington (CNN) - Chris Christie continues to dance around the question of whether he will or won't run for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016.
But the New Jersey governor made one thing clear on Wednesday evening: the George Washington Bridge scandal is not having an impact on that decision now.
[twitter-follow screen_name='politicalticker'][twitter-follow screen_name='jhseher']
"There's certainly nothing that's happened in the last number of months, since we talked about this the last time," Christie said on his radio program, referring to the imbroglio, "that would make me think any differently about my ability to pursue that job."
Christie continues to be dogged by questions about a political scandal roiling his administration.
A state legislative committee and the U.S. Attorney’s office are investigating suggestions that some of his top appointees orchestrated traffic jams near the George Washington Bridge last year in Fort Lee to punish that town’s mayor for not endorsing Christie for reelection.
The governor has thus far not been accused of any wrongdoing and an internal review of the scandal conducted by attorneys hired by his office has found no evidence linking him to "plotting or directing" the gridlock.
He said the lawyers who headed that review would discuss it publicly on Thursday, and he would comment on it at a later date.
Several key figures in the controversy did not cooperate with the review, Christie said, calling it immaterial when asked how a thorough review could have been completed without their assistance.
“You don’t just come to conclusions from interviews. There are lots of documents that involve all those people,” Christie said.
Christie acknowledged the legal rights of those who have chosen to remain silent and not cooperate with state legislative subpoenas around the scandal probe, but he believes the relevant facts will come out in the end.
“I think all of the important questions will be answered,” Christie said.
Questioned by Eric Scott, host of the monthly “Ask the Governor” program on New Jersey 101.5, if he still contemplates running for higher office, Christie answered, "sure."
Yet, he wouldn't hint at which way he is leaning at the moment.
"I certainly am not, at this point, going to make any decision on it," Christie said.
"You never ruled it out?" Scott pressed.
"Right, and I won't," the governor replied. "I'm not going to make any conclusions until I absolutely have to."
Christie's easy reelection victory in November 2013 combined with his brash persona and reputation as a unifying force for New Jersey stoked Republican hopes that if he ran, he could topple a potential Hillary Clinton bid for the Oval Office.
A December CNN/ORC survey showed Christie with a 48%-46% edge over the former secretary of state in a hypothetical contest. But the bridge scandal and accusations Christie's administration withheld Sandy relief aid for political reasons – which state officials deny - caused Christie’s national profile to fade.
A February CNN/ORC poll indicated Christie trailed Clinton by 16 percentage points in a possible 2016 matchup, with Clinton at 55% and the governor at 39% among registered voters nationwide.
Chrisite, who admitted on the radio program that he can be a "polarizing" figure, reiterated that the scandal has not altered the way he does business - and put the onus of getting things done for the state on what he sees as an increasingly uncooperative state legislature.
"I'm still the same guy," Christie insisted. "I think you can see by the way I'm conducting myself publicly. I'm still the same person."
"If others don't want to respond to me in the same way, that's going to be up to them," he continued. "But then that's their responsibility."