Lead foot: Palin gets speeding ticket
July 22nd, 2014

Lead foot: Palin gets speeding ticket

(CNN) - Slow down, Sarah, slow down.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was ticketed last week in her hometown of Wasilla, where she once served as mayor, for going 10-19 mph over the speed limit. According to a court docket reviewed by CNN, she received a $154 ticket.

"I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying," Palin told TMZ.

She added that she was listening to Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55" on the radio when it happened. She plans on paying the fine.

A Palin aide had no further comment.

Filed under: Alaska • Sarah Palin
  1. Scoreboarding

So much for law abiding citizen heh? If she can't obey something as simple as a safety law, then what other laws is she willing to break?

July 23, 2014 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  2. Jack

Anything to get noticed!

July 23, 2014 08:40 am at 8:40 am |
  3. Lynda/Minnesota

"A Palin aide had no further comment."

Nor do I have a comment to make.

July 23, 2014 08:40 am at 8:40 am |
  4. Jimmy K.

Wow, what a maverick. John McCain should hang his head in shame for inflicting this psychopath upon the world.

July 23, 2014 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  5. hatenapa

She could see Russia but not the speed trap.

July 23, 2014 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  6. Don

Actually, most people drive 5% to 10% over the speed limit. Simply drive on any US interstate. Secondly, at least she drives.... not like Hillary or the President. This is a non story. BTW, there is little PC in her response... she acknowledges her guilt and will pay the fine. One cannot get any more straight forward.

July 23, 2014 08:45 am at 8:45 am |
  7. joe b

She cant drive 55 but she can drive a stick shift.

July 23, 2014 08:45 am at 8:45 am |
  8. Anonymous

This is the dumbest article I've seen in months. How is this even considered news?

July 23, 2014 08:46 am at 8:46 am |
  9. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Rick McDaniel says:
    July 22, 2014 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm
    Ah well, many women never look at their speedometer at all.

Hold it there Rick. The worst drivers I know are men. They don't use turn signals they simply cut you off. To them a turn signal is simply a decoration. They run red lights like they're color blind.

July 23, 2014 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  10. stike1

Just like everything she does- half fast.

July 23, 2014 08:50 am at 8:50 am |
  11. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

TellngitlilkeI see says:
    July 22, 2014 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm
    She could have hit a moose!

Or a bear....😆😆😆

July 23, 2014 08:50 am at 8:50 am |
  12. iwatsu

@Zayah V... try driving on any Interstate. 10 – 19 over is common. I see no wholesale carnage.

July 23, 2014 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  13. really

This woman is out of her tree. Please for the love of something can't the GOP find any "well behaved" people! this woman is crazy. She's a national joke (but not in a funny way) ...and you wonder why Obama is in the white house? take a good look at why I didn't vote for her.

July 23, 2014 08:53 am at 8:53 am |
  14. johnny Doughboy

Slow down Sarah–Life is moving too fast now. Stop to smell the roses, enjoy your family, and dump politics because you have had your claim to fame, at least all 15 minutes of it.

July 23, 2014 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  15. Ed F.

She can't even get out of a ticket in the town she was mayor in and state she was gov of.

They must really hate her up there, as we all do down here.

Nice way to drive Japanese car too.

July 23, 2014 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  16. PJ

How will I ever get that one minute back in my life after reading that.? Palin is no longer relevant in any way.

July 23, 2014 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  17. TSB8C

I do the same thing every time I hear that song. And now knowing her taste in music makes me want to go hunting with her even more.

July 23, 2014 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  18. MTF

Where the heck does she have to be in such a hurry? It's not like she has a job.

July 23, 2014 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  19. Gordon

"Everyone look at me! I'm a normal person. I get speeding tickets and listen to American Rock music. Please, look at me!!"

July 23, 2014 09:12 am at 9:12 am |
  20. Terry

Better she is out breaking traffic laws rather than in power breaking treaties and screwing up foreign policy.

July 23, 2014 09:16 am at 9:16 am |
  21. Dimanchi

there is gents club here in NYC where this idiot will fit right in!! get her off the news, it cost McCain the presidency!

July 23, 2014 09:16 am at 9:16 am |
  22. Fredo

She is a good laugh to start the day off with.

July 23, 2014 09:17 am at 9:17 am |
  23. jazzophile

"I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying," Palin told TMZ.

Well, she sure wasn't/isn't qualified for national office, so I guess it makes sense for her to try automobile racing. We all wish you godspeed, Ms Palin.

July 23, 2014 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  24. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Don says:
    July 23, 2014 08:45 am at 8:45 am
    Actually, most people drive 5% to 10% over the speed limit. Simply drive on any US interstate. Secondly, at least she drives…. not like Hillary or the President. This is a non story. BTW, there is little PC in her response… she acknowledges her guilt and will pay the fine. One cannot get any more straight forward.

Actually I doubt any POTUS drives them self around. But I know Obama should. He should fly coach and never take time to relax and enjoy a golf game like every other POTUS has. As for Hillary, she was FLOTUS. Show me some pics of Laura and Babs driving then you'll have a point.

July 23, 2014 09:23 am at 9:23 am |
  25. TV

And if were Obama who had gotten the ticket, she would be screaming he should be impeached since he has no regard for the law.
    1. Why does anyone's speeding ticket make the news unless.
    2. Why does CNN print this not news, not human interest piece
    3. If anyone rest up a fund to "Shut up Palin" let me know and I'll send toy a check.

July 23, 2014 09:27 am at 9:27 am |