Lead foot: Palin gets speeding ticket
July 22nd, 2014

Lead foot: Palin gets speeding ticket

(CNN) - Slow down, Sarah, slow down.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was ticketed last week in her hometown of Wasilla, where she once served as mayor, for going 10-19 mph over the speed limit. According to a court docket reviewed by CNN, she received a $154 ticket.

"I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying," Palin told TMZ.

She added that she was listening to Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55" on the radio when it happened. She plans on paying the fine.

A Palin aide had no further comment.

Filed under: Alaska • Sarah Palin
  1. ekim corcho

Is that this dingbats contribution to the news ?

July 22, 2014 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  2. PT

Who cares??!! Oh, I took 3 dumps today, let me call my hometown reporter. The public wants to know!

July 22, 2014 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  3. odb

and this is news?

July 22, 2014 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  4. cbp

Why is this news?

July 22, 2014 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  5. Rick McDaniel

Ah well, many women never look at their speedometer at all.

July 22, 2014 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  6. tim

was she actually driving or did her driver get the ticket

July 22, 2014 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  7. Biden

Excuse me madam... You could pay the ticket or you could go to driving school to avoid points on your driving record.

July 22, 2014 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  8. Jesus

oh no, she sped 10 miles over the speed limit! clearly she is a monster. king obama is innocent with his torture camps, spying on political opponents, ordering IRS audits at republicans and republican donors, spying on human rights organizaitons, prosecuting whistleblowers, signing illegal executive orders, bailing out corporations, obama and holder selling guns to the mexican cartel.

but sure CNN, ignore all that. post something about a speeding ticket. because that matters.

July 22, 2014 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  9. Jack

This is not "New" this is not news. This article is dribble

July 22, 2014 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  10. gobsmacked

I am no Palin fan, but that is a pretty humorous retort on her part. 🙂

July 22, 2014 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  11. This gal

Really CNN, going after Palin for a speeding ticket?

No mention of the FORMER President of the United States. Energizer – it keeps going and going.

July 22, 2014 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  12. Ernest

Can't even tell the truth about a simple speeding ticket....

July 22, 2014 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  13. Anthony

This is a ground for impeachment, even if she does not hold public office.

July 22, 2014 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  14. LDH2O

I just wonder what she would be saying if Obama had got a ticket instead.

July 22, 2014 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  15. i love sarah

How dare that cop give her a ticket? What the hell was he thinking? She's the next President!

July 22, 2014 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  16. Pano

Bill Clinton would have argued the definition of speeding and Al Sharpton would have organized a boycott

July 22, 2014 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  17. Gary

"I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying,"
    At least she's qualified for something. Not running a government, but speeding.

July 22, 2014 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  18. EugeneBlair

Amazing. A politician was ticketed and then paid the fine. I might not like her politics but she is a hot, smart woman. No shame in admitting I am in lust with her.

July 22, 2014 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  19. maximusvad

If they could fine her relative to her ignorance she would have to serve life in prison.

July 22, 2014 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  20. TheSadTruth

People with slow brains shouldn't drive fast.

July 22, 2014 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  21. sam magee

Gee Sarah – would your response be so jocular if one of your family members was inured by or died as a result of a similar irresponsible "qualifiying driving" act by another driving irresponsible

July 22, 2014 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  22. gerry kaleniecki

Makes sense to me listening to the Red Rocker Sammy

July 22, 2014 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  23. Traci Gilmartin

For most Americans a $154 speeding ticket would break the bank and lead to some serious adjustments to the monthly budget, possibly resulting in doing without at least one necessity until things catch up.

Yet, I find it interesting that Mrs. Palin is not like most Americans. It seems she is wealthy enough that she can flout speeding laws and joke about it afterwards with nary a sweat about how she will make ends meet. Yes, she is way out of touch with many Americans and should be criticized for it.

July 22, 2014 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  24. jonathan

One big joke alright.

July 22, 2014 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  25. Doc Ray

I'd ask Palin the same question that conservatives ask of undocumented immigrants, "what part of illegal don't you understand?" If you break the law, don't joke about it. Trig may do the same thing tomorrow.

July 22, 2014 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |