Lead foot: Palin gets speeding ticket
July 22nd, 2014

Lead foot: Palin gets speeding ticket

(CNN) - Slow down, Sarah, slow down.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was ticketed last week in her hometown of Wasilla, where she once served as mayor, for going 10-19 mph over the speed limit. According to a court docket reviewed by CNN, she received a $154 ticket.

"I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying," Palin told TMZ.

She added that she was listening to Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55" on the radio when it happened. She plans on paying the fine.

A Palin aide had no further comment.

Filed under: Alaska • Sarah Palin
  1. calvin

And this is news because....
    And NO, I did not read the article, just clicked on the headline to comment.

July 22, 2014 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  2. BC

I'm just wondering why CNN and liberals love to talk about Sarah Palin all of the time. I know she's attractive but your almost stalking her.

July 22, 2014 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  3. labman57

Sarah Snidemeister once again displays a fundamental character flaw - the inability to accept responsibility for her own mistakes, failures, flaws, and shortcomings.

July 22, 2014 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  4. Anonymous

Ssshhhhh. If you stop talking about her, she'll eventually go away. Remember Paris Hilton? Yeah .. barely. It really does work.

July 22, 2014 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  5. The right wing have lost their damned minds

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! She ain't no better than the next guy!!

July 22, 2014 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  6. Dwayne

I am deeply in love with Sarah Palin. I hope that's okay with y'all.

July 22, 2014 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  7. Dave R.

Shows how much respect she has for her own laws. Oh, that's right, for Republicans, laws like this one don't apply to them, they are for every one else.

July 22, 2014 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  8. Ivan Ichibum

Flagrant lawbreaker! Impeach her! Oh, that's right, she doesn't hold elected office. Sorrry, my bad.

July 22, 2014 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  9. HughCares

My name is Hugh and I care.

Strangley, I am posting, despite my name, Hugh Cares. I really do care. I am concerned that a gun toting sucker mom is driving crazily.

Love,
    Hugh Cares

July 22, 2014 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  10. Ben

Elect her to something so we can have her impeached and REMOVED!

July 22, 2014 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  11. Kevin

Please stop giving this narcissistic woman attention. She doesn't deserve it.

July 22, 2014 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  12. Anonymous

How fast was her mouth going?

July 22, 2014 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  13. ted

Sarah Palin has an AIDE? What does this poor moron do for a living? Sarah will probably twist this around to be an attack by the liberals. Whatcha wanna bet?

July 22, 2014 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  14. Treebeard

Too bad she missed the phone poll.

July 22, 2014 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  15. Richard

Wow! Speeding 10-19mph over the limit. I guess the U.S. better petition Germany to close the autobahn.

July 22, 2014 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  16. S. B. Stein

Is she going to pay the fine or protest it? I hope that she fights it and loses.

July 22, 2014 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  17. Chris..E.al

Thats what happens when we work 4 a living to pay for those thats not smart enough to pass a Driv test and cant keep the draws up and all and everthang an all .

July 22, 2014 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  18. aaron

This needs to be blown out of proportion and turned into a huge deal....same as she does with enemies of her employers, the billionaire Koch brothers.

July 22, 2014 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  19. John

This woman is now just a certified joke. Mocking the office of governor by quitting her post for selfish, greedy reasons, mocking Vehicle Code of her own state by joking about breaking the speed limit. Can she not even comprehend why there are posted speeding limits? Probably not.

July 22, 2014 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  20. jed clampett

Are you kidding me? This bimbo is bragging about putting her local community at risk. Making light of the law. Probaby 30 in a school zone. Thank you John McCain for allowing us to have daily updates on such a waste of America's time.

July 22, 2014 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  21. Anton

hahah, breaking the law is hilarious. I bet she gets a real laugh out of drunk driving. Who cares that these laws exist to save people's lives. Murica!

July 22, 2014 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  22. JBD

Just when everything was going so well on the news... we had to hear from her.
    If Palin being ticketed get her on the CNN website, wait for the wall-to-wall coverage of her latest cupcake recipe...

July 22, 2014 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  23. Randy Worley

She was "qualifying"? Is there another position for her to drop out of in disgrace?

July 22, 2014 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  24. JP

It is Obama's fault that she got the ticket. At the time, she was thinking about Obamacare, and it got her so angry that she stepped on the pedal a tad higher than normal. The cop who issued her the ticket should have recognized her and therefore just should have let her on her way. He was probably an Obama supporter also... those liberal cops.

July 22, 2014 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  25. Richard Miller

The nerve of the woman.....speeding in her hometown oh my gosh!

July 22, 2014 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |